"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Yeah I peeped that. We was just walking around the whole time. But I noticed all the folks with those tents out there just chilling. That's the move for me all day. Now that I'm up on it I'll be ready next year. That's wild that I never even heard of that shyt before. And i used to stay like a mile from GP on Ormewood some years back.

Never heard of that shyt either and as a native and current resident of ATL I pride myself on what's going on in the city, but it's so much shyt going on every fukkin wknd, it's hard to keep track

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Went to Topgolf off of Howell Mill Saturday night. shyt was like a club. Didn't leave till like damn near 2 wasted. Woulda tried to spark one up in there but they had a Fulton co deputy walking around. That's my new spot. For dates and just kicking it. MNF gonna be crazy up there too.

Having been gone for a year and coming back recently I see the A done kinda kicked it up a couple of notches. nikkas thought the recession threw is off track but it's like in the last 2 years this shyt bouncing back better than ever

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Never heard of that shyt either and as a native and current resident of ATL I pride myself on what's going on in the city, but it's so much shyt going on every fukkin wknd, it's hard to keep track

Breh I'm exactly the same way. I was on the phone Sunday calling people asking if they had heard of that shyt. I was shocked it was something with that many people in my own city that I had never even heard of

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
The market ain't good over there bruh? I thought shyt would be jumping out the gym over there right now. I know shyt dont even stay on the market for more than a week in West Midtown these days. Guess only them hipster cacs is fukking with south of Memorial right now. Cuz I already know Kirkwood full of shyt 200K and up. I rented a townhouse in East Atlanta for about a year and you could tell shyt was trying to bubble but every now and again some young nikkas would pull a stunt that would make those white folks kinda pull back a little. shyt is still a dope ass area. It's gonna blow sooner or later. It's been the shyt with those hipsters and greasers for a while now. Only a matter of time before the yuppies follow

Well my spot is already appraising like $30k above what I paid but I'm trying to see that go higher. And you hit it on the head, was talking to my agent and she was saying the same thing that they started bringing up other areas BEFORE East Atlanta and other areas have surpassed it. It's eventually going to skyrocket I'm sure just don't want to be there for 7 years. I'm thinking like 3-5 years max.

Went to Topgolf off of Howell Mill Saturday night. shyt was like a club. Didn't leave till like damn near 2 wasted. Woulda tried to spark one up in there but they had a Fulton co deputy walking around. That's my new spot. For dates and just kicking it. MNF gonna be crazy up there too.
I wish I would've jumped on this spot around the corner from there on the other side of the train yard earlier this year because that area is hot now. As soon as I heard they were building Top golf out there I was like :singlemom:

What was the crowd like out there?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Wow. That's crazy. So many fukking social circles and clicks in the A. You really gotta know people from all walks of life to be up on everything going on. Them nikkas clearly don't advertise that shyt. Probably a smart move to keep the riff raff out
They do

Im sure you saw people walking around with "chicago house head" and "New Jersey House head" t-shirts all over the place. Those ar people who came down from CHI and NJ just for the event. House heads travel a lot. I had 5 friends who came to town for it. 1 from Miami. 3 from CHI. One from Charlotte, NC. They have one every year in Mexico at Playa Del Carmen. Mostly people from the U.S. going. I went to one this year with my friends to Costa Rica.

They have one in Chicago too. It's called "Chosen few". Also in MIA and NJ and many other cities.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They do

Im sure you saw people walking around with "chicago house head" and "New Jersey House head" t-shirts all over the place. Those ar people who came down from CHI and NJ just for the event. House heads travel a lot. I had 5 friends who came to town for it. 1 from Miami. 3 from CHI. One from Charlotte, NC. They have one every year in Mexico at Playa Del Carmen. Mostly people from the U.S. going. I went to one this year with my friends to Costa Rica.

They have one in Chicago too. It's called "Chosen few". Also in MIA and NJ and many other cities.

They still make House Music or is this like a Throwback type event? lol serious question.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA

Having been gone for a year and coming back recently I see the A done kinda kicked it up a couple of notches. nikkas thought the recession threw is off track but it's like in the last 2 years this shyt bouncing back better than ever

Me n the wife are going this weekend. Looked at the menu, prices was reasonable, plus it being open so late, i can slide through around 8 and avoid that traffic in that area. My boy put me on, said the eye candy there on the weekend is insane

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Me n the wife are going this weekend. Looked at the menu, prices was reasonable, plus it being open so late, i can slide through around 8 and avoid that traffic in that area. My boy put me on, said the eye candy there on the weekend is insane
I hear the waits are outrageously long. My girl wants to go, did this one just open? I only knew about the one in Alpharetta.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

atl just a big ass private party now

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Well my spot is already appraising like $30k above what I paid but I'm trying to see that go higher. And you hit it on the head, was talking to my agent and she was saying the same thing that they started bringing up other areas BEFORE East Atlanta and other areas have surpassed it. It's eventually going to skyrocket I'm sure just don't want to be there for 7 years. I'm thinking like 3-5 years max.

I wish I would've jumped on this spot around the corner from there on the other side of the train yard earlier this year because that area is hot now. As soon as I heard they were building Top golf out there I was like :singlemom:

What was the crowd like out there?

Bruh you'll be straight over in EA. That shyt is going up. Just a matter of when. It's already light years better than what it was back in the day anyway.

And the crowd at Topgolf was real diverse. It did get more Black as it got later but when we first got there we had a bay on the top level and it was some white boys in the bay to my left and to my right was some pretty cute Black chicks and besides them was a group of Asians. Ever chick that works in there is at least a 7.5. Like they didn't hire any ugly broads. It's a sexy spot.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Bruh you'll be straight over in EA. That shyt is going up. Just a matter of when. It's already light years better than what it was back in the day anyway.

And the crowd at Topgolf was real diverse. It did get more Black as it got later but when we first got there we had a bay on the top level and it was some white boys in the bay to my left and to my right was some pretty cute Black chicks and besides them was a group of Asians. Ever chick that works in there is at least a 7.5. Like they didn't hire any ugly broads. It's a sexy spot.
Is it cool as a date spot or more so a group? Would probably go with my girl early in the day on a weekend since I hear night time is crazy long wait

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I hear the waits are outrageously long. My girl wants to go, did this one just open? I only knew about the one in Alpharetta.

There was a wait to get a bay to hit balls but it's a big ass spot. They got a bar downstairs with plenty of room to kick it in while you wait. The one in Alpharetta is probably on some corporate shyt. The one off Howell Mill was like a club. Whoever came up with concept is about to eat.