"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
I would go to Freaknik 94 n before that. I wanna fukk some naturally pretty thots without spitting anything :russ:

Plus Those Lil Jon and JD parties are the stuff of legends. I would be in them bytches all weekend, every weekend.

Yep. I met Lil Jon when he was sweeping the floors of the World Club/Warehouse back in 1995. :pachaha:

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
Were those parties GOAT like that?

Yea they were pretty wild. Lil Jon used to strictly play reggae/dancehall back in the day. Booty shake had a stranglehold on Atlanta until Outkast came out and knocked over buildings. Magical times. Ground zero for fukkery/wild shyt was Club 559 though without a doubt.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yea they were pretty wild. Lil Jon used to strictly play reggae/dancehall back in the day. Booty shake had a stranglehold on Atlanta until Outkast came out and knocked over buildings. Magical times. Ground zero for fukkery/wild shyt was Club 559 though without a doubt.

What went down in Club 559? :lupe:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
What changed?

A few major things:

Mayor Campbell put an official end to Freaknik and by 97-98 it was in Daytona Beach, FL. I was a lil kid when Freaknik was in its heyday but in the early 90s Freaknik was :whew: bytches bussin it open in broad daylight, loud music all over the city. It was wild, my Dad driving me around the city like :myman:

Clubs in ATL used to be open till 6 AM, they changed the laws in Dekalb & Fulton Counties to get the clubs to close at 2. That was early 2000s and then the major clubs all started to close, like Visions, 112, and in the case of 112 they tore down the area and rebuilt it (especially 112, it's a fukkin skyscraper/restaurant on that plot of land now)

Buckhead club scene changed after the Ray Lewis incident after the Super Bowl here in 2000. Eventually they shut down all the clubs up there (the last ones closed around 05/06) & redeveloped that whole area into a luxury retail shopping center (they just now finished). I just got outta HS trying to party out there but by that time in 2003 the club scene/party scene in ATL had completely changed. That 10 yr era was the death kneel for how ATL used to party. The scene is very different now, you can still have fun but it's nowhere near what it was

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Not a huge fan of ATL, although all my family lives there. The "Black Hollywood" aspect kills me. I'm just not into all that flossing.

And for a city that gets so much hype for it's male/female ratio (which is always exaggerated), there's a ton of tricking.

My thing is that you aren't going to the A and pull a chick that you can't pull elsewhere. If dimes in Ohio ain't dealing with you, dimes in Atlanta ain't gonna deal with you. But whatever you pull in other cities, you will be able to pull more of that in the A. Getting more of the same type of women I'm already getting isn't enough to really offset the negatives, for me.

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
A few major things:

Mayor Campbell put an official end to Freaknik and by 97-98 it was in Daytona Beach, FL. I was a lil kid when Freaknik was in its heyday but in the early 90s Freaknik was :whew: bytches bussin it open in broad daylight, loud music all over the city. It was wild, my Dad driving me around the city like :myman:

Clubs in ATL used to be open till 6 AM, they changed the laws in Dekalb & Fulton Counties to get the clubs to close at 2. That was early 2000s and then the major clubs all started to close, like Visions, 112, and in the case of 112 they tore down the area and rebuilt it (especially 112, it's a fukkin skyscraper/restaurant on that plot of land now)

Buckhead club scene changed after the Ray Lewis incident after the Super Bowl here in 2000. Eventually they shut down all the clubs up there (the last ones closed around 05/06) & redeveloped that whole area into a luxury retail shopping center (they just now finished). I just got outta HS trying to party out there but by that time in 2003 the club scene/party scene in ATL had completely changed. That 10 yr era was the death kneel for how ATL used to party. The scene is very different now, you can still have fun but it's nowhere near what it was

6am? I remember 4am but not six unless it was one of those 24 hour clubs (112, Club Anytime, Backstreets). nikkas really fukked up a good thing in Buckhead with the violence. That place was a vagina paradise.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
6am? I remember 4am but not six unless it was one of those 24 hour clubs (112, Club Anytime, Backstreets). nikkas really fukked up a good thing in Buckhead with the violence. That place was a vagina paradise.

6 was the latest I had heard of. I remember goin to 112 in midtown, Club Chocolate, Primetime, Visions, Compound in the early to mid 2000s, they weren't kicking people out and there was no pressure to close until the new laws came into effect

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Not a huge fan of ATL, although all my family lives there. The "Black Hollywood" aspect kills me. I'm just not into all that flossing.

And for a city that gets so much hype for it's male/female ratio (which is always exaggerated), there's a ton of tricking.

My thing is that you aren't going to the A and pull a chick that you can't pull elsewhere. If dimes in Ohio ain't dealing with you, dimes in Atlanta ain't gonna deal with you. But whatever you pull in other cities, you will be able to pull more of that in the A. Getting more of the same type of women I'm already getting isn't enough to really offset the negatives, for me.
Too much tricking in ATL

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
What went down in Club 559? :lupe:

nikkas smoking weed inside with no remorse. Saw a a couple literally fukk on the dancefloor. nikkas brandishing pistols and taking pics. Just negrocity on a wide scale. It caught on fire and closed, was supposed to reopen but never did. :francis:

The Gate in Decatur was just as wild. I went to see Uncle Luke there and this savage threw my boy out of his wheelchair (he was paralyzed from a shooting) and had the nerve to stand up in it so he could get a better view. We had to fight that night. I also was there night 2pac died and Mystikal (pre-No Limit) was performing and crying on stage. Epic memories. :wow:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
nikkas smoking weed inside with no remorse. Saw a a couple literally fukk on the dancefloor. nikkas brandishing pistols and taking pics. Just negrocity on a wide scale. It caught on fire and closed, was supposed to reopen but never did. :francis:

The Gate in Decatur was just as wild. I went to see Uncle Luke there and this savage threw my boy out of his wheelchair (he was paralyzed from a shooting) and had the nerve to stand up in it so he could get a better view. We had to fight that night. I also was there night 2pac died and Mystikal (pre-No Limit) was performing and crying on stage. Epic memories. :wow:

:whoo:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
A few major things:

Ray Lewis and BMF RUINED ATL :snoop:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

:mjcry::damn: