"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
if you are at the corner of Mount Vernon Highway and Roswell Road, you will get to see THE Sandy Springs, take Mount Vernon Highway over to Sandy Springs Circle and go down Sandy Springs Circle toward Atlanta, You will see a historical Marker that says "The Sandy Springs", There is a driveway by the marker so just go back up and walk down that. It is a public park but I wouldn't go after dark Its just a couple of narrow parallel creeks with some whitest sand on the banks. Really nothing to see at all. The stairway takes you to an amphitheater and then when you walk out of that, you're in a big ass parking lot for the Hammond Drive Kroger, among other things

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
yea if you hate atlanta you either a fukkboy or a cracka. This place is as good as it gets for a black male in the US. The only places fukking with it are DC and Houston

I live in houston but Im extremely interested in moving to atlanta to see what it has to offer as far as the environmental industry.
I know about the women out there already. But what about the job market for brothas with degrees

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
:ohhh:
We probably have crossed paths up there before. That's my go to car wash. I'm up there every week like clock work. I even pull up and use the vacuums sometimes without paying. :russ:

I ain't fukking with that Auto Spa Bistro shyt. I got a 9 year old Caddy and a '09 Prius. The fukk I look like pulling up in there with all those exotics and shyt. Lol

Yea maybe so, i don't get up there as often as I'd like but I'll take my car or the wife's car up there. It's about 5-10 mins from the house, great prices, good work, that's been my go to since I moved on this side of town. I used to go to the Car wash on Cascade off 285 across the st from the Driving range and the Starbucks

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Shame some of ya'all never knew Atlanta when it was REALLY poppin. Lil' Nikkis, Club 559, Primetime, The Bounce, Freaknic, Downtown buckhead, club 112 etc. Yea... :flabbynsick: shyt but true.

Wish I had a time machine to go back 23 years ago when ATL was ATL. Freaknik, clubs, music scene., etc :mjcry:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Wish I had a time machine to go back 23 years ago when ATL was ATL. Freaknik, clubs, music scene., etc :mjcry:
The club scene seems like it was better before

But I went to Alex entertainment and his venues

Seems like its geared towards groupies and celebs ..that's the vibe I get

But still nice

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
23 years might be a little TOO far back. Only thing popping around that time was Kilo, booty shake and Kriss Kross. :mjlol:

I think 1994-2004 was the sweet spot.

Freaknik alone was worth it :whew:

Not to mention seeing bad broads not gassed up like now.

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
Freaknik alone was worth it :whew:

Not to mention seeing bad broads not gassed up like now.

Yea, I was on hand for Freak 95,96,97 and the pathetic attempts after Bill Campbell's punk ass pretty much shut it down. I can't fathom something like Freaknik happening in modern Atlanta. You could literally get out your car and walk down 85.. the traffic was that crazy

Crackers was pissed. :mjlol:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Yea, I was on hand for Freak 95,96,97 and the pathetic attempts after Bill Campbell's punk ass pretty much shut it down. I can't fathom something like Freaknik happening in modern Atlanta. You could literally get out your car and walk down 85.. the traffic was that crazy

What changed?

Flykid567

Pro
Daps
I'm
Thinking about moving out there in a couple of years after college how's the job market out there

Wild self

Supporter
Daps

I would go to Freaknik 94 n before that. I wanna fukk some naturally pretty thots without spitting anything :russ:

Plus Those Lil Jon and JD parties are the stuff of legends. I would be in them bytches all weekend, every weekend.