"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps
Want to move there after I graduate from college. Good to see there is so many pros in living there.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Want to move there after I graduate from college. Good to see there is so many pros in living there.

Yo, it'll be the best decision you can make, espeically if you graduate in a good field. Because Atlanta offers something most other big cities can't: IT'S ECONOMICAL. Like, if you've ever lived in New York or L.A. (and I've lived in both), shyt is mad expensive no matter what you talmbout (e.g., rent/mortgage, taxes, cost of living, etc.).

No bullshyt, since we moved down here, we've DOUBLED our savings, and increased our standard of living exponentially, and we were ALREADY making excellent money in NJ/Philly. That shyt just STRETCHES longer and better down here, you feel RICH out this hoe. Maybe not a millionaire, but DAMN SURE a thousandaire. :salute:

Plus, it really IS like the new Black Hollywood. I can't tell you how many times we be out, just doin' normal shyt, and run into fools. I spent half my life in New York and BARELY saw "celebs"....I've met more celebs down here in the last seven months than at any point in my life. Not that that's any HUGE deal, but it just goes to speak to the "Black Hollywood" status being legit. Like, ERE'BODY and they momma live down here, it's unbelievable.

Plus, Atlanta is mad spread out, like L.A.....but nowhere near as crazy or dangerous or smog-filled, lol.

Bottom line....Atlanta is about that PAPER, just about ere'body down here is getting money. This is the ultimate hustler town, you can't get money in Atlanta you lame as hell. :camby:

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Anyway....it's been seven months since I made this thread, and I love this city more than ever. :blessed:

But I DO have one question/gripe….WHAT exactly is the effectiveness of having a damn Peach Pass (to use the Express lane on the highway, and particularly on I-85)? The criteria that they use to determine the prices – either volume of traffic or distance to the next exit, I dunno, but either criteria is STUPID– is ARBITRARY as hell. Like, we were trying to get to Hwy 316 and only had two exits before that, and the Peach Pass lane was charging $2.30 for that, BUT was charging $8.60 for the exit BEFORE that…..the hell kinda logic is THAT? That’s not based on traffic volume OR exit distance, that’s just greedy and somebody getting’ rich off that shyt. Dawg, if they had that in New Jersey do you KNOW how rampant the corruption would be? :mjlol:
But yeah, that Peach Pass, that’s gotta be, like, the dumbest shyt ever. :camby:

Also, why don’t more suburban folks CARPOOL out this hoe? I can’t tell y’all how many fools I see on the highway DOLO, as me and wifey are zooming by in the HOV lane. What, you ain’t got no NEIGHBORS who work downtown? Then cats wonder why the traffic is so bad, cause it’s yahoos in parts of the outlying counties/communities that DESPRATELY don’t want Atlanta to become a sprawling metropolis (e.g, wanna keep their “down-home Georgia” feel), not realizing that it already IS one.

Anyway, we ‘bout to start catching the damn Xpress bus out this piece. That 75-minute commute gets tiring.

Im not going to get deep into the Peach Pass thing, let me just say this:

Peach Pass is another dumb ass idea by the cacs in the state government. They refuse to commit any money$ to mass public transit, and only solutions are to add more lanes to our crowded as fukk interstates.

I try to use Peach Pass on weekends when I go up to UGA football games. So I never see the weekday prices.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Im not going to get deep into the Peach Pass thing, let me just say this:

Peach Pass is another dumb ass idea by the cacs in the state government. They refuse to commit any money$ to mass public transit, and only solutions are to add more lanes to our crowded as fukk interstates.

I try to use Peach Pass on weekends when I go up to UGA football games. So I never see the weekday prices.

Dawg, it's like they're in this deep-seeded DENIAL, like they can still somehow effectively isolate their communities (e.g, denying mass public transit for so long) in a place where there IS no more isolation.

Some of these hicks need to catch up with the times.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA

Plus, it really IS the like new Black Hollywood. I can't tell you how many times we be out, just doin' normal shyt, and run into fools.

Truth. It really is. Saw Usher at Publix recently. See Ludacris everywhere. Big Boi studio is right off Howell Mill.

and Atlanta's set up is a lot like LA like you said, just smaller. Sort of dead downtown. Lots of separate villages/neighborhoods spread out. Then all the cacs in Cobb/Gwinnett (our Orange County if you will).

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
the hottest industry in ATL right now is the film industry.

They are filming movies every-fukking-where. No lie. Keep an eye out for those yellow production signs.

I know lots of ppl that have worked their way up from being extras to small gigs.

I work at Sun Trust Plaza.

There is LITERALLY a movie or TV show being filmed down here every week...so much so that the building puts out a weekly bulletin alerting tenants about which streets are going to be closed, etc.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
and Atlanta's set up is a lot like LA like you said, just smaller. Sort of dead downtown. Lots of separate villages/neighborhoods spread out. Then all the cacs in Cobb/Gwinnett (our Orange County if you will).

Damn, perfect analogy. :heh:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Dawg, it's like they're in this deep-seeded DENIAL, like they can still somehow effectively isolate their communities (e.g, denying mass public transit for so long) in a place where there IS no more isolation.

Some of these hicks need to catch up with the times.

The cacs are really holding the Metro back but its inevitable that a real transit system is coming.

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps
Plus, it really IS like the new Black Hollywood. I can't tell you how many times we be out, just doin' normal shyt, and run into fools. I spent half my life in New York and BARELY saw "celebs"....I've met more celebs down here in the last seven months than at any point in my life. Not that that's any HUGE deal, but it just goes to speak to the "Black Hollywood" status being legit. Like, ERE'BODY and they momma live down here, it's unbelievable.

Yeah i've heard that before. I'm graduating with a degree in Communications this May, but i want to pursue acting. Atlanta is supposed to be a great place to pursue that, much more practical than Los Angles or New York. I'm very excited for the possibilities Atlanta would give me. Probably would have a better dating experience out there as well.....

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps

:blessed:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
the hottest industry in ATL right now is the film industry.

They are filming movies every-fukking-where. No lie. Keep an eye out for those yellow production signs.

I know lots of ppl that have worked their way up from being extras to small gigs.

Yeah mane. I've been in it almost 2 years, I'm in it on the money side of things so I see the checks being cut, tax breaks, etc. Some good things are coming to the city. shyt just hurts your quality of life being in that business, been tryna change industries and get outta the city for a few months now tho

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
The building management just sent this out last Friday:

Please see the information regarding street closings and other travel advisories below.
Upcoming Road Closures

Nelson St between Mangum St and Chapel St
What: Filming
When: Monday, March 23rd - Wednesday, March 25th from 9 AM - 4PM and 6PM - 10PM daily

Ivan Allen Jr Blvd between Northside Dr. and Marietta St.
When: Tuesday, March 24th from 9 AM - 4PM
Simpson St between Dome Service Rd. and Elliot St.
When: Tuesday, March 24th from 9 AM - 4PM

That's just THIS WEEK. :snoop:

Black Hollywood, indeed.