"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I was there Friday night I know what you mean

How is the crowd like on Fridays? Especially if you going solo as a single man looking for sistas. I went to Tongue and Groove friday left with two numbers from two sistas and two beckies grinding on me at the same time :ohlawd:. Almost pulled this Asian chick too but her friends started cock blocking me major. Not too far down the street I noticed so many dime ass sistas walking to Wet Willies, my goodness!! :ooh:. I have never seen anything like this, I am going to go there soon.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
How is the crowd like on Fridays? Especially if you going solo as a single man looking for sistas. I went to Tongue and Groove friday left with two numbers from two sistas and two beckies grinding on me at the same time :ohlawd:. Almost pulled this Asian chick too but her friends started cock blocking me major. Not too far down the street I noticed so many dime ass sistas walking to Wet Willies, my goodness!! :ooh:. I have never seen anything like this, I am going to go there soon.
I highly recommend it. Good lookin ladies there, loud music but at the same time with all the couches and chairs its kind of laid back. Low lighting. Food and drinks were decent too.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Kristina Torres
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Senate passes medical marijuana bill
12:47 p.m. Tuesday, March 24, 2015 | Filed in: Politics
COMMENTS 0

Life with Gracie: Equal pay needed

Free access to myAJC for AJC subscribers.

EXPLORE
A two-year effort to legalize medical marijuana in Georgia may finally succeed, as the Senate passed a likely compromise that would OK a limited form of the drug for disorders including cancer, seizures and sickle cell disease.

House Bill 1 still needs another nod from the House before it receives final passage. But by beating back efforts from the chamber’s conservatives to gut the bill on the floor, Senate supporters have handed over legislation likely to make that happen — especially since it is already supported by the bill’s sponsor, state Rep. Allen Peake, R-Macon.

The compromise was made last week, after Senate Health and Human Services Chairwoman Renee Unterman, R-Buford, rewrote HB 1 as a way to merge a restrictive medical marijuana measure already approved in the Senate and a much broader effort already approved by the House.

Katie McKoy, from Newnan, who has three children with mitochondrial disease, pleads last week for passage of House Bill 1. The bill would legalize a limited form of medical marijuana in Georgia. BOB ANDRES / BANDRES@AJC.COM
The new version would allow cannabis oil to be used to treat eight of the nine disorders sought by the House in that chamber’s own medical marijuana proposal: cancer, Crohn’s disease, Lou Gehrig’s disease (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), mitochondrial disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, seizure disorders and sickle cell disease.

It would expand on a previous Senate proposal that would restrict usage to children and, instead, open the door to both children and adults as being eligible for treatment. It would, however, eliminate one disorder favored by the House — fibromyalgia — as being an accepted disorder for treatment.

And it would set a higher bar for what type of oil would be allowed: The oil could contain no more than 5 percent THC — the high-inducing chemical associated with recreational marijuana use — and must include at least a matching amount of cannabidiol to ensure better purity and quality of the drug.

:stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin:

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Kristina Torres
COMMENTS 0

EXPLORE
A two-year effort to legalize medical marijuana in Georgia may finally succeed, as the Senate passed a likely compromise that would OK a limited form of the drug for disorders including cancer, seizures and sickle cell disease.

House Bill 1 still needs another nod from the House before it receives final passage. But by beating back efforts from the chamber’s conservatives to gut the bill on the floor, Senate supporters have handed over legislation likely to make that happen — especially since it is already supported by the bill’s sponsor, state Rep. Allen Peake, R-Macon.

The compromise was made last week, after Senate Health and Human Services Chairwoman Renee Unterman, R-Buford, rewrote HB 1 as a way to merge a restrictive medical marijuana measure already approved in the Senate and a much broader effort already approved by the House.

Katie McKoy, from Newnan, who has three children with mitochondrial disease, pleads last week for passage of House Bill 1. The bill would legalize a limited form of medical marijuana in Georgia. BOB ANDRES / BANDRES@AJC.COM
The new version would allow cannabis oil to be used to treat eight of the nine disorders sought by the House in that chamber’s own medical marijuana proposal: cancer, Crohn’s disease, Lou Gehrig’s disease (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), mitochondrial disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, seizure disorders and sickle cell disease.

It would expand on a previous Senate proposal that would restrict usage to children and, instead, open the door to both children and adults as being eligible for treatment. It would, however, eliminate one disorder favored by the House — fibromyalgia — as being an accepted disorder for treatment.

And it would set a higher bar for what type of oil would be allowed: The oil could contain no more than 5 percent THC — the high-inducing chemical associated with recreational marijuana use — and must include at least a matching amount of cannabidiol to ensure better purity and quality of the drug.

:stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin::stylin:
I'm in talks with investors right now on how I can get in the business. I have money to invest and want to get a start on the green rush

1/2OfDaBruinz

Banned
Daps
Kristina Torres
COMMENTS 0

EXPLORE

If I'm comprehending that article correctly, it looks as if this bill will only approve cannabis oil (hash oil) and the max THC levels will only be 5% :scust:

On that note, anyone ever been to Masquerades? I'm going to a Curren$y concert there tomorrow. I'm probably gonna be the only person there not smoking:mjcry:

The sistas at Piedmont Park yesterday:banderas:

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
If I'm comprehending that article correctly, it looks as if this bill will only approve cannabis oil (hash oil) and the max THC levels will only be 5% :scust:

On that note, anyone ever been to Masquerades? I'm going to a Curren$y concert there tomorrow. I'm probably gonna be the only person there not smoking:mjcry:

The sistas at Piedmont Park yesterday:banderas:
Masquerade is dope. Right by Ponce City Market and all the dope apartments I used to work at. Enjoy it because you'll notice how dingy it looks compared to all the renovations they're doing in the area so it'll prob be closed soon. Have fun homie. Spring is here :blessed:

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kristina Torres
COMMENTS 0

EXPLORE

This is going to be amazing for patients with any of these disorders:blessed:

Was at wet willies Sunday night with this chick and it was chill as hell that night. Not many people, no rachetivity and the dj was doing his thing:obama:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Kristina Torres
COMMENTS 0

EXPLORE

Brehs, as someone who visits Cali alot, lemme say that if they EEEEEEVER make it legal in Atlanta for dispensaries to exist, it's a WRAP!

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Anyway....it's been seven months since I made this thread, and I love this city more than ever. :blessed:

But I DO have one question/gripe….WHAT exactly is the effectiveness of having a damn Peach Pass (to use the Express lane on the highway, and particularly on I-85)? The criteria that they use to determine the prices – either volume of traffic or distance to the next exit, I dunno, but either criteria is STUPID– is ARBITRARY as hell. Like, we were trying to get to Hwy 316 and only had two exits before that, and the Peach Pass lane was charging $2.30 for that, BUT was charging $8.60 for the exit BEFORE that…..the hell kinda logic is THAT? That’s not based on traffic volume OR exit distance, that’s just greedy and somebody getting’ rich off that shyt. Dawg, if they had that in New Jersey do you KNOW how rampant the corruption would be? :mjlol:
But yeah, that Peach Pass, that’s gotta be, like, the dumbest shyt ever. :camby:

Also, why don’t more suburban folks CARPOOL out this hoe? I can’t tell y’all how many fools I see on the highway DOLO, as me and wifey are zooming by in the HOV lane. What, you ain’t got no NEIGHBORS who work downtown? Then cats wonder why the traffic is so bad, cause it’s yahoos in parts of the outlying counties/communities that DESPRATELY don’t want Atlanta to become a sprawling metropolis (e.g, wanna keep their “down-home Georgia” feel), not realizing that it already IS one.

Anyway, we ‘bout to start catching the damn Xpress bus out this piece. That 75-minute commute gets tiring.