"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Where do people live in Atlanta? I've been looking online at apartment, but it's hard to get a good impression. All the places have crazy reviews. People either think their apartment is amazing or the worst place in the world. I can't tell if the bad experiences in the reviews are just stupid people or what. I'm looking for a place ITP near Marta... with cool shyt within walking distance.

Note: I'm not going to have a car for the first few months.

(1) It is CRAZY hard to live here without a car. It can be done, but you need to make sure you have everything set up. Like a grocery store close by. $ for Uber. shyt like that.

(2) I'm not sure how it is in other cities but when you read yelp reviews and shyt like that you will see a lot of the polarizing opinions. It seems like stupid people love writing yelp reviews. Especially the OTP cac ones. You have to kinda ignore some of that garbage.

(3) If you want to live on Marta line then your station options are...

- Lindbergh
- Midtown/North Avenue
- King Memorial
- Decatur

all those spots are stations with apartments close by.

(4) As far as which would be the best fit for you it really depends what style you're looking for.

Lindbergh is close to Buckhead so a lot of bars with kids right of college. Lots of new money and where the shopping malls are. But lots of white ppl in terms of Atlanta.

Midtown/North Avenue can get a bit pricier but you get that 'city' feel. shyt ton of bars and restaurants. I live in Midtown and I like it b/c I can go to Publix or the Beltline or Piedmont Park and not have to get in my car. Its diverse but lots of Gays (if they bother you).

King Memorial is right by Auburn Avenue and Edgewood. Heart of the Civil Rights movement. Its currently on the up & up. some good bars over there on Edgewood. Good restaurants too.

Decatur is a long ways from Downtown, but basically its own little city. Its a cool scene. Diverse.

1/2OfDaBruinz

Banned
Daps
What's good with these jobs:sadcam:

Somebody put me on. I only have one aunt and a few friends here, so I don't have any connects like that. I got an interview at Bank of America in Peachtree street this week, so hopefully that falls through.

Sensei

Hallowed Be Thy Game
Daps
Atlanta is cool , but my impression of it was a little over hyped. To be honest, I didn´t see the females having the big ol asses their famous for, I saw that in other cities like Charolette,Miami,and Colombia SC.

ATL females do go to work and have some pizazz about themselves(even the hooded ones) ,I´ll give them that.

(1) It is CRAZY hard to live here without a car. It can be done, but you need to make sure you have everything set up. Like a grocery store close by. $ for Uber. shyt like that.

(2) I'm not sure how it is in other cities but when you read yelp reviews and shyt like that you will see a lot of the polarizing opinions. It seems like stupid people love writing yelp reviews. Especially the OTP cac ones. You have to kinda ignore some of that garbage.

- Lindbergh
- Midtown/North Avenue
- King Memorial
- Decatur

(4) As far as which would be the best fit for you it really depends what style you're looking for.

Lindbergh is close to Buckhead so a lot of bars with kids right of college. Lots of new money and where the shopping malls are. But lots of white ppl in terms of Atlanta.

Midtown/North Avenue can get a bit pricier but you get that 'city' feel. shyt ton of bars and restaurants. I live in Midtown and I like it b/c I can go to Publix or the Beltline or Piedmont Park and not have to get in my car. Its diverse but lots of Gays (if they bother you).

King Memorial is right by Auburn Avenue and Edgewood. Heart of the Civil Rights movement. Its currently on the up & up. some good bars over there on Edgewood. Good restaurants too.

Decatur is a long ways from Downtown, but basically its own little city. Its a cool scene. Diverse.
Midtown is a nice area, but it seems to be gentrified like hell with some hipsters.But I like the set up,only thing is it seems a bit expensive. I was thinking about settling in this area or maybe Atlantic station, but rent might be high in this area,

Decatur seem a bit more fitting though.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Atlanta is cool , but my impression of it was a little over hyped. To be honest, I didn´t see the females having the big ol asses their famous for, I saw that in other cities like Charolette,Miami,and Colombia SC.

ATL females do go to work and have some pizazz about themselves(even the hooded ones) ,I´ll give them that.

Midtown is a nice area, but it seems to be gentrified like hell with some hipsters.But I like the set up,only thing is it seems a bit expensive. I was thinking about settling in this area or maybe Atlantic station, but rent might be high in this area,

Decatur seem a bit more fitting though.

Charlotte and Columbia SC?

Those cities aren't even the same size as Atlanta combined. C'mon son.

We have strip clubs bigger than Columbia.

Sensei

Hallowed Be Thy Game
Daps
Charlotte and Columbia SC?

Those cities aren't even the same size as Atlanta combined. C'mon son.

We have strip clubs bigger than Columbia.

C´mon son?! What happened to the country grammar?lol
Doesn´t matter who is bigger or not, nice looking broads are nice looking broads .I saw a greater proportion in those cities, it´s not need to throw shade. And technically speaking the Charlotte citysize is bigger than that of ATL.

LOL why Atlanta cats always mentioning strip clubs ?!

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Went to this spot in midtown called flip flops on sat night it's in midtown in front of opera kinda reminded me of wet willies with the drinks and the dj was cool.

Decatur is a pretty cool spot went to this Irish pub with some great burgers but I keep hearing the best burger in the city comes from Holman and Fitch in buck head .

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL

- Lindbergh
- Midtown/North Avenue
- King Memorial
- Decatur

Good, informative post. Personally I'm an introvert and don't plan to ever leave the house unless it's for groceries and other important shyt. I will probably stay indoors all day playing video games or some shyt. I don't plan on getting a 'real' job as my income comes from my internet-based business. I want to live in an affordable apartment/house for rent (max $1k/month), low crime, no racist cops, close proximity to markets (to buy food), etc.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Good, informative post. Personally I'm an introvert and don't plan to ever leave the house unless it's for groceries and other important shyt. I will probably stay indoors all day playing video games or some shyt. I don't plan on getting a 'real' job as my income comes from my internet-based business. I want to live in an affordable apartment/house for rent (max $1k/month), low crime, no racist cops, close proximity to markets (to buy food), etc.

I really don't trust cops anywhere, but as long as you stay ITP with City of Atlanta cops you should be straight. Lots of Blacks employed by the police department. And tbh they have a lot more other heavy shyt they've gotta worry about.

They've been pretty slack about smoking weed at Piedmont Park thus far.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really don't trust cops anywhere, but as long as you stay ITP with City of Atlanta cops you should be straight. Lots of Blacks employed by the police department.

Doesn't really mean anything. From personal experience black cops are much worse than white cops since they feel they have to 'prove themselves' to their white colleagues. So they go extra hard at black citizens.

I really don't trust cops anywhere, but as long as you stay ITP with City of Atlanta cops you should be straight. Lots of Blacks employed by the police department. And tbh they have a lot more other heavy shyt they've gotta worry about.

Like?

makka

i see u lookin witcho lookin ass
Daps
wheres the best barbershops out chea??