"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Being surrounded by Black people of all shades and ethnic groups no matter what area you in, 9 months of good weather and cheap cost of living >

Oh, its the epicenter of Black American culture, too. The day MARTA expands, its game over. Outside of Harlem and Detroit (yes), I wouldn't move anywhere else on this side of the pond.

I don't see all the haters in the other city threads but something bout the A got em aggy :ohhh:

MARTA + Streetcars :lawd:

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Being surrounded by Black people of all shades and ethnic groups no matter what area you in, 9 months of good weather and cheap cost of living >

Oh, its the epicenter of Black American culture, too. The day MARTA expands, its game over. Outside of Harlem and Detroit (yes), I wouldn't move anywhere else on this side of the pond.

I don't see all the haters in the other city threads but something bout the A got em aggy :ohhh:

and I think all the haters of Atlanta are because of our culture. Epicenter of Southern Food, Civil Rights, taken control of Hip Hop, Music Producing, etc. Atlanta allows you to be yourself. Ppl get jealous they don't have that where they are.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

too bad Harlem is done for in the next 20 yrs.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
and I think all the haters of Atlanta are because of our culture. Epicenter of Southern Food, Civil Rights, taken control of Hip Hop, Music Producing, etc. Atlanta allows you to be yourself. Ppl get jealous they don't have that where they are.

I wish with you until you said this, you nikkas produce a legion of one hit wonders and style biters that would put K-pop to shame.

:mjlol: Hell if it wasn't for Miami Bass, Memphis Crunk, Houston's Chopped and Screwed, you nikkas would be the Milwaukee equivalent to the South.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Highly exaggerated. AAs, Dominicans, Ricans and Africans still are the overwhelming majority and I don't see it changing.

When I say Harlem, I mean uptown in general, including my Washington Heights, Inwood and BX nikkas.

IDK we will see. I've said in past threads, if I get to where I want to be financially I will buy property there.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Most of the posters who hate atl on here are cacs and nikkas who only hang wit cacs

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
IDK we will see. I've said in past threads, if I get to where I want to be financially I will buy property there.

I just don't see cacs swarming like that because the train ride is too long and the crime is still very much there. Don't want to buy in Harlem for fear of gentrification then buy in the BX, it will never be touched.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I just don't see cacs swarming like that because the train ride is too long and the crime is still very much there. Don't want to buy in Harlem for fear of gentrification then buy in the BX, it will never be touched.

I`m not in NYC so I can't truly speak. For example West Side of ATL will gentrify but it will never become majority white. From what I hear about BK people make it sound like parts have become lilly white, with Harlem being in Manhattan I would assume it would be easier to completely make it white, but who knows.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I`m not in NYC so I can't truly speak. For example West Side of ATL will gentrify but it will never become majority white. From what I hear about BK people make it sound like parts have become lilly white, with Harlem being in Manhattan I would assume it would be easier to completely make it white, but who knows.

The parts of BK that have gentrified are much closer to downtown Manhattan and about the same distance to Midtown Manhattan.

BK also is its on standalone borough to where you don't even have to visit Manhattan if you don't so it is more appealing. This alone makes it more ripe for cacs and foreign investors to move to.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I wish with you until you said this, you nikkas produce a legion of one hit wonders and style biters that would put K-pop to shame.

:mjlol: Hell if it wasn't for Miami Bass, Memphis Crunk, Houston's Chopped and Screwed, you nikkas would be the Milwaukee equivalent to the South.

:rudy::camby:

Even if I do concede your retarded point, you realize where they're recording those tracks? Best Producers in Atlanta. Atlanta is the only type of place where we have the community and resources to make it happen. Memphis? lol. Houston is the definition of 1 hits. Just stop.

Outkast a 1 hit wonder? :mindblown:

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
:rudy::camby:

Even if I do concede your retarded point, you realize where they're recording those tracks? Best Producers in Atlanta. Atlanta is the only type of place where we have the community and resources to make it happen. Memphis? lol. Houston is the definition of 1 hits. Just stop.

Outkast a 1 hit wonder? :mindblown:

I didn't say Outkast were one hit wonders....

but uhhh it's been like 12 years since Speakerboxx was dropped and all ya'll have to show for is the Migos :mjlol:

And please, even bigger :mjlol: at thinking the best producers are coming from Atlanta boy staph.