"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
I been here for almost 2 months now and I'm loving it. This is a great city for networking. I've been able to make a lot of strides on the music tip (I produce) and I have met a lot of like minded people through all the events they have. I've been to a couple of cool parties at loft/warehouse type of buildings and met more artist than I could think of already.

I thought the weather would be much better, but I guess I was wrong. It's nothing extreme, but I thought it would be much warmer during these months. Also, I haven't found a job yet, which is kind of disappointing. I thought the market would be a little better. I guess I need to network more, because Indeed.com just isn't cutting it. So if any Atlanta brehs wanna give me a lead I would greatly appreciate it. I have a Bachelors in Business Admin (I know, it's a pretty general degree) and I have a background in operations.

Another thing, I thought that the Marta would be more like the L train in Chicago (where I'm from) but I see that it's something you really don't want to depend on. This is a city where a car is mandatory. Atlanta is spread out as fukk!

That gay shyt is overblown really, I see gay dudes, but not on no super high as level or nothing. Overall, I'm loving this shyt. I have stayed busy since I been here. I'm hitting this Zen Meditation center Wednesday, this Currency concert on the 20th I think, and I plan on going to a Hawks game in March. Ive been to the Apache Cafe a few times (that shyt is on point) and they gotta lot of black owned shyt I can rock with. I just need a job:sadcam:
Try Manhattan and Associates for jobs. They steady hiring people. It's located in Smyrna. Also, go to http://www.dol.state.ga.us/. Their job listing are really simple and they keep them updated daily. You just apply and they send you an email telling you where to apply directly or through email that goes directly to the recruiter. Indeed is the best job search next to craigslist imo.

definition

im not a cool guy anymore
Daps
@1/2OfDaBruinz

Glad you're enjoying the city. You actually aint living too far from me. Transportation, vibe, and life in general, Atlanta is different from Chicago. I think Chicago is up there with LA and NY when we're talking "World Class" cities.

Only thing keeping me from moving up to Chicago is the weather, but my dad and all his side of the fam live and are from up there. Summertime Chi :ahh:

Interesting.

I grew up in the chicago burbs. Been in iowa (about 2 hours west of chi) for long time, though. My wife thinks she wants to move to atlanta ... or denver.

I know I can live in chicago and denver. Wondering about living in georgia. Obviously, since I live in iowa, I'm a white person. Being the minority in atlanta doesn't bother me in the slightest --- it's that I wonder about the rest of georgia (and how far out of town that starts -- since we'd probable be in the burbs), and these rednecks.

1/2OfDaBruinz

Banned
Daps
Interesting.

I grew up in the chicago burbs. Been in iowa (about 2 hours west of chi) for long time, though. My wife thinks she wants to move to atlanta ... or denver.

I know I can live in chicago and denver. Wondering about living in georgia. Obviously, since I live in iowa, I'm a white person. Being the minority in atlanta doesn't bother me in the slightest --- it's that I wonder about the rest of georgia (and how far out of town that starts -- since we'd probable be in the burbs), and these rednecks.

:heh:
Atlanta is pretty diverse, you would be good. Also, it's nowhere near as segregated as Chicago. It seems like there are a a good number of mixed neighborhoods here. I can only speak for Atlanta and the surrounding counties though, I can't speak for the whole state.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
Had this white chick holla at me at the bar today talm bout dam u sexy on some :shaq:

Bish had a ring on too:pachaha: And said her husband was outta town. Get married brehs @Emperor_ReinScarf
I still remember this married chick from last year who I met in the defensive driving course. She was from Venezuela or Spain but she was dropping hints. Little slim little thing too. Only problem was to my left was this israeli/black chick that was younger and thick asssssss fucckkkkk! Omg, I couldn't stop talking to her throughout the whole course (she had a boyfriend though...not with her at the time and apparently was "rough" on the status). Lost contact with her after class but left my number on her car for the hell of it. Chick was the baddest chick I dun actually conversed with since 2009.

1/2OfDaBruinz

Banned
Daps
if you not gay, why the fukk would you worry about it being gay people here? :dahell: Ya'll know how many bad bytches in this damn city?
shush-o.gif

Don't even try to put em up on game. I'm already eating good. I been here for like 3 months.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Piedmont park today brehs :wow:

Speaking of Piedmont, I start my kickball season there next Sunday. shyt bout to be real! Done recruited a nice little squad, still tryna get some more folks. Another way to network!

how was that? been meaning to check it out

It was nice. My parents taught me and my brotehr civil rights history and took us to museums since i was a youngin so I was familiar with most of the figures and stories outlined at the museum. But there was a lot of interactivity, great footage, documents, and background info. The human rights wing of the museum was informative too

They had this guy in there

lol_idi_amin.gif

Did yall know he was laughing at a question about Hitler in this gif? :merchant:

Daps
I was at the Civil Rights Museum and Buckhead, sundress season is on the horizon! :blessed:

I was at the MLK Civil rights museum today with my date, saw some bad chicks out there. When she left I stayed back to go chase some other girls there was these group of 9-8 bad sistas of all complexion out there :banderas:. lol, I was too intimidated to just pick one :mjcry:, I am definitely going to do more than just the lounge scene now.