"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Do the black middle class areas (dekalb and Clayton counties I assume) have problems attracting high quality retail and department stores like PG county does?

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Do the black middle class areas (dekalb and Clayton counties I assume) have problems attracting high quality retail and department stores like PG county does?
Absolutely..all the money goes to North DeKalb, North Fulton, the Norther part of Cobb, and Gwinnett..the Eastside and Southside ain’t got shyt..except the Airport on the Southside and Clayton is more so lower middle class..in DeKalb there’s BEAUTIFUL huge houses surrounded by nothing but Barbershops, Seafood and Wing places ..no amenities :snoop: we ain’t got shyt breh

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

Absolutely..all the money goes to North DeKalb, North Fulton, the Norther part of Cobb, and Gwinnett..the Eastside and Southside ain’t got shyt..except the Airport on the Southside and Clayton is more so lower middle class..in DeKalb there’s BEAUTIFUL huge houses surrounded by nothing but Barbershops, Seafood and Wing places ..no amenities :snoop: we ain’t got shyt breh

Are upper middle class blacks moving out in response? In Maryland blacks are moving into the next county over, Charles County, from PG, and it soon maybe take over PG’s spot as the richest majority black county

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Are upper middle class blacks moving out in response? In Maryland blacks are moving into the next county over, Charles County, from PG, and it soon maybe take over PG’s spot as the richest majority black county
Yep..moving to whiter areas turning them into upper middle class Black areas too

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
South gwinnett and north Henry are experiencing the same stuff now, white flight is still in progress there

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yep..moving to whiter areas turning them into upper middle class Black areas too

until low income blacks follow them and it ends up like Clay Co and Dekalb lol.

I vividly remember folks moving to Clay co and Dekalb in the mid 90s braging about how its the place to be, then the projects shut down and section 8 residents moved to those areas in mass.

Then when Dekalb started to decline those same blacks started moving to the South Gwinnett area. IDK if the area has declined yet but I know schools like Shiloh which were white as hell are now pretty much black schools with some white kids sprinkled in. My cousin went there and I went to see him play football and I see they even attempt at being a black band now lol (they played Redan and Redans band of course made them look silly).

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
until low income blacks follow them and it ends up like Clay Co and Dekalb lol.

I vividly remember folks moving to Clay co and Dekalb in the mid 90s braging about how its the place to be, then the projects shut down and section 8 residents moved to those areas in mass.

Then when Dekalb started to decline those same blacks started moving to the South Gwinnett area. IDK if the area has declined yet but I know schools like Shiloh which were white as hell are now pretty much black schools with some white kids sprinkled in. My cousin went there and I went to see him play football and I see they even attempt at being a black band now lol (they played Redan and Redans band of course made them look silly).
South gwinnett west of 124 sucks, I don't know about east of 124, but around Georgia 20, its straight

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
you were a contractor?

Home Depot is doing a ton of hiring right now. IDK much about the culture from a personal standpoint, I hear it used to suck but they turned a lot of stuff around in terms of cleaning house and getting new leadership and focusing on becoming a modern technology shop.

Facts i just got hired at corporate for a service desk position