"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
Absolutely..all the money goes to North DeKalb, North Fulton, the Norther part of Cobb, and Gwinnett..the Eastside and Southside ain’t got shyt..except the Airport on the Southside and Clayton is more so lower middle class..in DeKalb there’s BEAUTIFUL huge houses surrounded by nothing but Barbershops, Seafood and Wing places ..no amenities :snoop: we ain’t got shyt breh

The eastide is being built up fast. There is a ton of construction including a publix and a movie theater on memorial next to the beltline and it expands from there. The glenwood shopping plaza is already nice and they're adding more retail and restaurants. The edgewood retail district is also on the eastside.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Absolutely..all the money goes to North DeKalb, North Fulton, the Norther part of Cobb, and Gwinnett..the Eastside and Southside ain’t got shyt..except the Airport on the Southside and Clayton is more so lower middle class..in DeKalb there’s BEAUTIFUL huge houses surrounded by nothing but Barbershops, Seafood and Wing places ..no amenities :snoop: we ain’t got shyt breh

The problem seems to be that even in the areas with a large middle class black population the schools are bad and they stay bad. I dont know wtf it is but the schools just dont improve. So then the blacks in the area that can afford to move to an area with better schools, do, the property values drop, and the area just starts going down hill. I live in what most folks would consider a country suburb, Fayette County, and i know i overpaid for my home just because the schools have a consistent history of positive results.

Last edited:

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
The eastide is being built up fast. There is a ton of construction including a publix and a movie theater on memorial next to the beltline and it expands from there. The glenwood shopping plaza is already nice and they're adding more retail and restaurants. The edgewood retail district is also on the eastside.
That’s for all the new cacs there trust me...come on breh

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The problem seems to be that even in the areas with a large middle class black population the schools are bad and they stay bad. I dont know wtf it is but the schools just dont improve. So then the blacks in the area that can afford to move to an area with better schools do, the property values drop, and the area just starts going down hill. I live in what most folks would consider a country suburb, Fayette County, and i know i overpaid for my home just because the schools have a consistent history of positive results.

Lot of these well to do blacks aint got time for their kids (maybe because of work but who knows).

Stephenson should have been one of the best high schools in America if you look at the demographics but it was mediocre and just good at sports. Westlake is a school in a majority middle to upper middle class black neighborhood and the school is nothing to brag about. I get hood schools sucking due to lack of resources, but these other schools have the tax base and the black populations so what gives?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Clay Co could be a gold mine but the crime is too bad here. The hood mentality needs to go but the influence is there in the music, social media & other entertainment

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Lot of these well to do blacks aint got time for their kids (maybe because of work but who knows).

Stephenson should have been one of the best high schools in America if you look at the demographics but it was mediocre and just good at sports. Westlake is a school in a majority middle to upper middle class black neighborhood and the school is nothing to brag about. I get hood schools sucking due to lack of resources, but these other schools have the tax base and the black populations so what gives?

You called it. There are some very nice homes in the Westlake and Stephenson district, homes that look like mansions but only run about 350-500k but those schools while decent are not performing as it should. I wouldn't buy a home in those districts expecting a good return from the public schools. If I was sending them to private school then yeah those are good value homes.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You called it. There are some very nice homes in the Westlake and Stephenson district, homes that look like mansions but only run about 350-500k but those schools while decent are not performing as it should. I wouldn't buy a home in those districts expecting a good return from the public schools. If I was sending them to private school then yeah those are good value homes.

I rather just buy a cheaper house if I'm going to have to send my kids to private school. Westlake and Stephenson should be two of the top schools in the State. Meanwhile you go to Alpharetta and every school there is high performing as hell.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps

Them parents gotta work hard af to maintain their lifestyle so their kids ain’t supervised the best...also majority of the Black Middle Class parents grew up broke/poor so they spoil their kids like a mf

Ain’t shyt in clay co but truck stops, warehouses, wing spots, beauty salons & a run down mall
Southlake is nowhere near Rundown

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Trying to decide if I wanna move Downtown or McDonough :jbhmm:

Downtown is centrally located, and I can get to places quick, but ima country boy at heart & I like the slowness of McDonugh.

Found a spot down there in a majority black area, but in Atlanta I’m looking at the GE Towers around the corner from Mercedes Benz & Philips Arena
I don't know if you moved yet but I JUST moved from McDonough and I can't tell you how bad that driver back home is after being in the city. I'm in Mableton now right off 285.