"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
lol man yall can have that OTP life. Furthest I`d live is Smryna.

You probably dont have kids though. I live in Mableton until earlier this year, moved because the schools are awful. Smyrna schools were ok at best but for the price of a home there you can get a much nicer house, more land, and better schools further out.

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You probably dont have kids though. I live in Mableton until earlier this year, moved because the schools are awful. Smyrna schools were ok at best but for the price of a home there you can get a much nicer house, more land, and better schools further out.

Why is Pebblebrook such a low performing school with all the nice homes in Mableton (30126)?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
South gwinnett west of 124 sucks, I don't know about east of 124, but around Georgia 20, its straight
They closed the super target over there, the tennis center they built for the Olympics is rotting away. They moved the best buy out of there to snellville then closed it anyway

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't know if you moved yet but I JUST moved from McDonough and I can't tell you how bad that driver back home is after being in the city. I'm in Mableton now right off 285.

:jbhmm:
Only time I’d ever go to the city is to go to a Hawks game. I’m thinking about working in DeKalb next school year, so driving from Lithonia or Stone Mountain to McDonugh isn’t that bad. Idk yet tho

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Why is Pebblebrook such a low performing school with all the nice homes in Mableton (30126)?

There is a very large Hispanic population in the area going towards six flags. Also a lot of old run down homes there. In my neighborhood people sent their kids to that private school Whiteside if they were in high school. A lot of families just moved once their kids came of middle school age. Most of the nicer homes are right off veterans memorial, you don't even see that run down part off in the woods.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I don't know if you moved yet but I JUST moved from McDonough and I can't tell you how bad that driver back home is after being in the city. I'm in Mableton now right off 285.

Whatup neighbor:salute::

Yea we got our oldest in private school, schools out here are ass

You gotta look where most of the nice homes are in Mableton...they're right next to Smyrna. Most of Mableton isn't full of nice homes, take a ride through Veterans Memorial or Floyd Rd. It's a low income area...it's not surprising that Mableton, the largest unincorporated city in Georgia, doesn't have the resources to properly fund its school

There is a very large Hispanic population in the area going towards six flags. Also a lot of old run down homes there. In my neighborhood people sent their kids to that private school Whitfield if they were in high school. A lot of families just moved once their kids came of middle school age. Most of the nicer homes are right off veterans memorial, you don't even see that run down part off in the woods.

Yea we right off of Bankhead and 285 in Mableton, but we're literally on the edge of Smyrna/Mableton. It's mostly black with some white folks and Asians in my subdivision, haven't seen many Hispanics here but you're absolutely right about the Six Flags area

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ain’t shyt in clay co but truck stops, warehouses, wing spots, beauty salons & a run down mall

Clay Co could be a gold mine but the crime is too bad here. The hood mentality needs to go but the influence is there in the music, social media & other entertainment

Many “rich” blacks got cribs on the lakes down there. shyt gets wild, Ive only seen great mixed neighborhoods :yeshrug:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Many “rich” blacks got cribs on the lakes down there. shyt gets wild, Ive only seen great mixed neighborhoods :yeshrug:
You get over by the jonesboro cluster, houses are pretty big, even if the neighborhood bad

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Whatup neighbor:salute::

Yea we got our oldest in private school, schools out here are ass

You gotta look where most of the nice homes are in Mableton...they're right next to Smyrna. Most of Mableton isn't full of nice homes, take a ride through Veterans Memorial or Floyd Rd. It's a low income area...it's not surprising that Mableton, the largest unincorporated city in Georgia, doesn't have the resources to properly fund its school

Yea we right off of Bankhead and 285 in Mableton, but we're literally on the edge of Smyrna/Mableton. It's mostly black with some white folks and Asians in my subdivision, haven't seen many Hispanics here but you're absolutely right about the Six Flags area
I'm in the Legacy on the River line community

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
If you thinking about moving to McDonough, I'd stay away from the south part, and especially west of 75, or near 75 all together. Unless you like running into ratchet and White trash, stay clear, especially from those racist ass cops. Or else you won't be too far from where ex NFL player Desmond Marrow was beaten nearly unconscious in that c00n infested cac loving Henry Town Centre shopping strip, by those racist White cops last year around this time. At least one of them did get fired. That was a big step, but that came with a little back lash, as those pigs decided to go ahead and charge him with making terroristic threats, after he chased down some cacs that day in his car, after they threw ketchup on his car, and called him the n-word, just to have another cac call the cops telling them Marrow had a gun, after Marrow only told that other cac that people get shot for doing that where he grew up. One way or another, those pigs finally beat up the wrong brother.

They make me sick to the stomach down here sometimes, and I learned not to speak to cacs in this area. I guess Marrow didn't know that. Unfortunately, a lot of Blacks are making my "don't talk to list" in this area as well, including the sisters.That should let you know how this environment still feels towards Black men, especially if they're from outside the area, and from the North. The first sister I spanked down here in Mcdonough was talkin about she still wanted to be in touch with her old boyfriend. I had to put back on my DMV cap, and haven't had trouble sense. And every other sister I spanked down here claimed they had at least 18 brothers and sisters. I know they have more of that down here, but I think some of them be lying, and saying it so I won't hurt them if they try to take advantage of me. That's been one of my main down falls from moving South. And that's not having my 5 brothers, and 100+ cousins from my fathers side down here to back me up in case of any nonsense. Didn't think I would be thinking this way moving South, but wow was I wrong.

Last edited:

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
A friend of mine who works in atl city govt told me Fulton county is planning on filing lawsuits against all the strip clubs in the county in an effort to get them to close :damn::damn::damn:. Trying to follow in the footsteps of Brookhaven and Sandy Springs:snoop:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
A friend of mine who works in atl city govt told me Fulton county is planning on filing lawsuits against all the strip clubs in the county in an effort to get them to close :damn::damn::damn:. Trying to follow in the footsteps of Brookhaven and Sandy Springs:snoop:

You mean eliminate anyone not in an Actual city?