"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
92.9 needs to get John Freeke off the air. We have enough ignorant hosts on the air. You can't can't be ignorant and just straight boring at the same time.

Hugh is very knowledgeable about football but ignorant in any other sport. But at least Hugh is entertaining to listen to . Didn't care for him at first but eventually got it. But Freeke...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
92.9 needs to get John Freeke off the air. We have enough ignorant hosts on the air. You can't can't be ignorant and just straight boring at the same time.

Hugh is very knowledgeable about football but ignorant in any other sport. But at least Hugh is entertaining to listen to . Didn't care for him at first but eventually got it. But Freeke...
@AVXL

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
All these Black areas tryna make they own cities

Stockbridge is kinda mixed though. I lived there for 2 years and almost bought my house in that area, You can definitely see the difference between the Hudson Bridge Rd side (exit 224) and the 138 side (exit 228).

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

Both hosts are laughably bad...Fricke is an old fan boy who has more overall sports knowledge than Hugh but just gives trash can level hot takes that defy logic. My biggest problem with Hugh is that he doesn't really know shyt except the NFL. He's surprisingly out of touch with college football, the NBA, MLB, MLS...I've called him out and actually interacted with him on Twitter for his lack of knowledge b/c it's embarrassing to be a radio host and be out of his depth with almost every topic

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Both hosts are laughably bad...Fricke is an old fan boy who has more overall sports knowledge than Hugh but just gives trash can level hot takes that defy logic.
I couldnt have said it better. He has the dumbest takes ive ever heard on the radio
My biggest problem with Hugh is that he doesn't really know shyt except the NFL. He's surprisingly out of touch with college football, the NBA, MLB, MLS...I've called him out and actually interacted with him on Twitter for his lack of knowledge b/c it's embarrassing to be a radio host and be out of his depth with almost every topic
To be honest I didnt like Hugh and was shytting on him in the beginning. I think even @The ADD called me out on it once. But over time he's grown on me and he's at least somewhat entertaining with some of his shenanigans.
But yeah i hear you about the part when he talks any other sport outside of the NFL. I dont watch college football or baseball so i wouldnt know the diffrence.
But anytime the topic is NBA related dude be talking and i'm like :what:
LIke whenever the Hawks GM comes on the show you can tell Hugh is reading his questions and sadly 90% of them dont make sense and it sounds like he's asking NBA questions in an NFL context if that makes sense.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I couldnt have said it better. He has the dumbest takes ive ever heard on the radio
To be honest I didnt like Hugh and was shytting on him in the beginning. I think even @The ADD called me out on it once. But over time he's grown on me and he's at least somewhat entertaining with some of his shenanigans.
But yeah i hear you about the part when he talks any other sport outside of the NFL. I dont watch college football or baseball so i wouldnt know the diffrence.
But anytime the topic is NBA related dude be talking and i'm like :what:
LIke whenever the Hawks GM comes on the show you can tell Hugh is reading his questions and sadly 90% of them dont make sense and it sounds like he's asking NBA questions in an NFL context if that makes sense.
I don't remember because I old :manny:

Honestly Hugh is so bad it's entertaining. The problem is that they both can't be that bad together.

Let's be reality, Bunker Mentality is the best show on that station.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

Honestly Hugh is so bad it's entertaining. The problem is that they both can't be that bad together.

vomit-gif.gif

Breh... You my boy but i expect better from you, G.

1. Dukes and Bell
  2. Rick and John

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
vomit-gif.gif

Breh... You my boy but i expect better from you, G.

1. Dukes and Bell
  2. Rick and John
Rick and John are trash fam. John is cool but Rick as questions about the same things he's about to Hot Take on all the time.

Dukes and Bell?! Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
Its aight man. Depending on the office I work at moves to, im considering moving to Stockbridge, McDonough, Tucker or Lithonia. Stockbridge & McDonough have some cheap prices like DeKalb but without the crime rates the eastside have

I'd say find something in Tucker if you want to be close to the perimeter. If you don't care, then McDonough would be your best bet.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Both hosts are laughably bad...Fricke is an old fan boy who has more overall sports knowledge than Hugh but just gives trash can level hot takes that defy logic. My biggest problem with Hugh is that he doesn't really know shyt except the NFL. He's surprisingly out of touch with college football, the NBA, MLB, MLS...I've called him out and actually interacted with him on Twitter for his lack of knowledge b/c it's embarrassing to be a radio host and be out of his depth with almost every topic

on the other side steak is overcooked, he is in randy cross territory bad for real, just listen to zinno if you can

daemonova

Daps
Rick and John are trash fam. John is cool but Rick as questions about the same things he's about to Hot Take on all the time.

Dukes and Bell?! Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

rick fine is knows the NBA, he is a good host, they need to stop playing fantasy free agent every damn day, they worse than chuck and chernoff on that tip, but what else would they do, more frat boy shenanigans?? John Michael was fine as a third on 790, but since he stepped to be color, I can't stand him, he's still on that agenda even though he dated and possibly married black women for a while, Football need to be playing when I listen to them because they project too much.

Mike bell been the same mike bell since Bell and Pollock, he is a good third, but no better than that, and he hates basketball, even college, listen to them only during football season, in measured doses

daemonova

Daps

I used to hate Andy but he is growing on me, luckily I only have to listen to him about 40 minutes a night

truth be told the producers on that station are better than the on air talent