"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Prynce

Daps
Give it about 2 years. Go drive over off of Peachcrest and over by Belevedere. Go down past 20 on Columbia drive. Its white ppl all over them areas. Its only a matter of time, those areas are too close to downtown and the beltline to not be snapped up cheap and gentrified.
ion kno Candler RD is worse than its ever been and glenwood past columbia drive
people really be killing out there

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
ion kno Candler RD is worse than its ever been and glenwood past columbia drive
people really be killing out there

Shut down some of them apartments like they did over off of Kensington and close some extended stays like over off of Lavista, and even Candler will be gentrified. The reason why atlanta has been so easy to clear out is because the old folks that used to own property are dying off and leaving to their family. Families taking out second mortgages or selling for a quick buck. Candler road bad areas have zero home owners. Even off of Rainbow its a bunch of renters and section 8. The home owners dont start till way down Flat shoals and Panthersville and even that area is heavy with renters. Renters dont own and have no say so they can be moved out quickly. Its happening all across America. I just wished some savvy blk folks would make some money off it as well. If the powers that be decide they want Candler it wont be difficult. Gotta hit rock bottom first. Almost there.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I cant recall which one of the AM stations i hated the most when i just moved here. Either 680 the Fan or 790 The ZOne. Used to be some racist f@ggots on them so i bailed once 92.9 came online
680 the Klan, 790 didn't go out they way to be racist

This morning domino and Cellini were mad at devonte freeman for being in a movie with Sylvester Stallone, yes, freeman missed the block, yes, he didn't have a good year last year and he the highest paid RB, that's fine, be mad at that

The highest paid qb in the league lost his cookies in an NFC championship game and a super bowl and couldn't throw a bucket in the ocean vs. Philly. But we frying cam because he wouldn't dive on that ball, gtfoh

Last edited:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Atlanta is a very interesting place my pops moved down there in 04 but has only stayed in Jonesboro/Riverdale area until recently and now stays in Ellenwood. Plenty of fun when I go down there but I still don’t feel the connection to it which is why I never moved with him which would have been admittingly a better life for me because of that.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Atlanta is a very interesting place my pops moved down there in 04 but has only stayed in Jonesboro/Riverdale area until recently and now stays in Ellenwood. Plenty of fun when I go down there but I still don’t feel the connection to it which is why I never moved with him which would have been admittingly a better life for me because of that.

you not gonna feel a connection in jonesboro or riverdale unless you from clay co like me. out of towners move to clay co cause its cheap and right next to the city.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
you not gonna feel a connection in jonesboro or riverdale unless you from clay co like me. out of towners move to clay co cause its cheap and right next to the city.

Yeah I try to go in the city every day I’m there maybe if I just moved down there and lived in the city I’d get a better feel. But all that gay shyt people talk about I hate because I don’t see that side of Atlanta when I’m down there. Atlanta is cool and a lot of hoes. I also don’t eat at cuties like I do when I travel to other cities because my pops and step mother cook amazingly. What’s some spots I should try next time I’m down there. Wherever it don’t matter.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yeah I try to go in the city every day I’m there maybe if I just moved down there and lived in the city I’d get a better feel. But all that gay shyt people talk about I hate because I don’t see that side of Atlanta when I’m down there. Atlanta is cool and a lot of hoes. I also don’t eat at cuties like I do when I travel to other cities because my pops and step mother cook amazingly. What’s some spots I should try next time I’m down there. Wherever it don’t matter.

if you trying to hit the city then hit up Edgewood, East Atlanta Villiage, Ponce, Auburn Ave..im past hanging out downtown around all them people I like doing shyt in Lithonia. Only time ill probably hit the city from now on is to go to a Falcons or Hawks game.

Atlanta needs WAY more housing
that and they need to build a 2nd 285 that people proposed but was shot down. Atlanta is too small to have the traffic issues that we do.