"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think if I go the house route I may rent first.

Forest Park is one of the best kept secrets in the metro area IMO. Its a real sleepy town full of warehouses and truck stops but for its closeness to the city its real affordable.

Vine city too, the streets close to the stadium

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
which side of town you on?

I was looking at houses in Forest Park..I grew up there and it isnt as ratchet as the rest of Clay Co. Its 10 minuets from the Airport and 15 from downtown. They have some cheap ones for a first time buyer or renter.

:jbhmm: I've heard good things about there and Camp Creek on the housing side of the game.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:
Really? 30 Deep sons ain’t out there continuing the legacy? It’ll be dope to stay near the AUC.

The stadium hasn’t caused everything to go up there?

It’s 20 year old white women walking poodles now.

Go drive through and see it yourself

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:jbhmm: I've heard good things about there and Camp Creek on the housing side of the game.

I can’t speak for Camp Creek but Forest Park is a gold mine. I travel a lot of my job so I’ll need to be near the airport, and part of Hartsfield is in FP.

There is a Forest Park exit on 75 and 285 and Downtown is probably 15 minuets away.

It’s a majority black city, and they are trying to bring more black business there.

Crime is nowhere near Riverdale, Morrow, Jonesboro and other parts of Clay Co.

The other schools in clay co would talk shyt about Forest Park and call us the bummy nikkas cause it isn’t a lot going on here, and with it being so close to the airport and highways it’s filled with warehouses.

They are starting to build new subdivisions up modern style cribs but a lot of FP is still filled with houses build back in the day.

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So I'm planning on being in ATL this Thurs-Sun on a road trip I guess you would call it with some of my people and I still haven't booked a room. Missed out on a bunch of airbnbs I had saved at the right prices, so now my choices are:

1. Buckhead Airbnb, right next to Lenox Mall, $622 total
2. Piedmont Heights airbnb, near Piedmont Ave NE & Cheshire Bridge Rd NE, $578 total
3. W Hotel Midtown, right next to all the midtown bars, $856.61

I'm leaning towards the Piedmont Heights spot because it's the cheapest and it's only about 8 minutes to either Buckhead or Midtown, but I'm curious if y'all think I'd be better off just staying directly in Buckhead or Midtown instead of staying in a spot that's just close by (Piedmont Heights)?

And I heard the W lounge is aight and there's supposed to be alot of bars in Midtown? Is it worth the extra three bills or should I just save my money for the rest of the trip?

Also I'm hearing mixed things about Buckhead. People saying there's alot of stuck up conservative white folks up there and the clubs are wack, but then other folks saying there's bad (black) chicks up there and it's the spot, what's the real story? Should I try and get a spot directly in Buckhead or nah?

Keep in mind I'm trying to Uber/Lyft for the weekend instead of renting if possible. Just trying to get some good food, good drinks, and meet some bad chicks while keeping the Uber costs down. Which spot would y'all choose?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Also I'm hearing mixed things about Buckhead. People saying there's alot of stuck up conservative white folks up there and the clubs are wack, but then other folks saying there's bad (black) chicks up there and it's the spot, what's the real story? Should I try and get a spot directly in Buckhead or nah?

If you can hit up the buckhead Marta station/Phipps plaza area, you'll be shooting fish in a barrel as you got some money to spend, come solo, don't come with a group of brothers, tavern at Phipps is pretty good but you can't go wrong with twin peaks (both high as hell), you will put hot out of a magazine attractive level white women 25 - 35. Black women gonna be they usual stank selves, you trying to seal the deal over a four day weekend, stick with the fairer race.

That first choice seems to be the best considering the advice I'm giving

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If you can hit up the buckhead Marta station/Phipps plaza area, you'll be shooting fish in a barrel as you got some money to spend, come solo, don't come with a group of brothers, tavern at Phipps is pretty good but you can't go wrong with twin peaks (both high as hell), you will put hot out of a magazine attractive level white women 25 - 35. Black women gonna be they usual stank selves, you trying to seal the deal over a four day weekend, stick with the fairer race.

That first choice seems to be the best considering the advice I'm giving

So basically you're saying just avoid the sistas all together :russ:

I thought they were supposed pretty cool down in ATL. Coming from the DMV I would imagine it wouldn't be too much different, probably better if anything I would think?

Black women will still probably be the main target, but I'll definitely take that advice into account, much appreciated. Already been swiping on Tinder and seen some thick ass white chicks sprinkled in there :ohhh:. Not necessarily my first option, but if they're fine with a phat ass and they're choosin heavy, shyt, might have to go ahead and make that happen.

Anybody else agree/disagree, or got suggestions on where to stay?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
So basically you're saying just avoid the sistas all together :russ:

I thought they were supposed pretty cool down in ATL. Coming from the DMV I would imagine it wouldn't be too much different, probably better if anything I would think?

Black women will still probably be the main target, but I'll definitely take that advice into account, much appreciated. Already been swiping on Tinder and seen some thick ass white chicks sprinkled in there :ohhh:. Not necessarily my first option, but if they're fine with a phat ass and they're choosin heavy, shyt, might have to go ahead and make that happen.

Anybody else agree/disagree, or got suggestions on where to stay?
I'm not saying avoid the sisters, just don't expect to get laid after four days, it depends on your standard and how much money you got, you can f any fat chick, no matter the race anywhere, it depends on your standards. Me, my standards high and my money low so I might never get laid again, you might be different

And as far as DMV chicks just another reason not to go that direction.

Oh and if anyone knows where the easy Black chicks are in atl, plz by all means tell the room

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
been in ATL for 10 years and ain't een know this was real song. Thought it was just a random Outkast interlude.

:snoop:

Nah you're not alone, i only found it when it got posted to youtube. I'd be willing to say most people who know the OutKast skit don't know it's a full song

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm not saying avoid the sisters, just don't expect to get laid after four days, it depends on your standard and how much money you got, you can f any fat chick, no matter the race anywhere, it depends on your standards. Me, my standards high and my money low so I might never get laid again, you might be different

And as far as DMV chicks just another reason not to go that direction.

Oh and if anyone knows where the easy Black chicks are in atl, plz by all means tell the room

Ok gotcha lol.

As long as I can be in the vicinity of the bad ones that ain’t strictly looking for ballers and rappers then I’m good, I’m guessing it’ll be as good as any DMV 4 day weekend if not better. Just tryin to figure out where they might be at

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
So I'm planning on being in ATL this Thurs-Sun on a road trip I guess you would call it with some of my people and I still haven't booked a room. Missed out on a bunch of airbnbs I had saved at the right prices, so now my choices are:

1. Buckhead Airbnb, right next to Lenox Mall, $622 total
2. Piedmont Heights airbnb, near Piedmont Ave NE & Cheshire Bridge Rd NE, $578 total
3. W Hotel Midtown, right next to all the midtown bars, $856.61

I'm leaning towards the Piedmont Heights spot because it's the cheapest and it's only about 8 minutes to either Buckhead or Midtown, but I'm curious if y'all think I'd be better off just staying directly in Buckhead or Midtown instead of staying in a spot that's just close by (Piedmont Heights)?

And I heard the W lounge is aight and there's supposed to be alot of bars in Midtown? Is it worth the extra three bills or should I just save my money for the rest of the trip?

Keep in mind I'm trying to Uber/Lyft for the weekend instead of renting if possible. Just trying to get some good food, good drinks, and meet some bad chicks while keeping the Uber costs down. Which spot would y'all choose?

You can save a ton of money by getting something in Chamblee close to buford hwy or off of Moreland/4th ward, because honestly, thats where alot of the bars and lounges are right now.