"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Driving through East Atlanta now on Memorial Dr...cot damn that shyt is being redeveloped like crazy. It's gonna be all lofts and new developments within 5-10 years :wow:

Yeah I was just over there. East Atlanta is over.

Once they start developing the huge complexes on the west side. This city is gone!

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Driving through East Atlanta now on Memorial Dr...cot damn that shyt is being redeveloped like crazy. It's gonna be all lofts and new developments within 5-10 years :wow:

Once they start developing the huge complexes on the west side. This city is gone!

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute

It’s a wrap for West Atlanta.

Cacs are already taking over the West End.

Just read the other day that they purchased The Metropolitan in the West End.

They will probably cop and redevelop the West End Mall next.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

I wouldn't go that far. The areas where lofts and redevelopment are happening are formerly industrial buildings & blighted areas that weren't getting used. I'm cool with that shyt getting built into something nice instead of being an eye sore for years

I don't see that level of development happening in most Westside communities like the West End or Cascade Heights anytime soon though.

It’s a wrap for West Atlanta.

Cacs are already taking over the West End.

Just read the other day that they purchased The Metropolitan in the West End.

They will probably cop and redevelop the West End Mall next.

How is it a wrap for West Atlanta? :dahell:

Y'all go off the deep end with this shyt sometimes, redevelopment and gentrification is a necessary evil to elevate parts of the city that need a boost. That doesn't mean the West End is gonna be whitewashed in 5 years

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
What part you in breh? Got some things going up there in NWI, I love it up there. That shyt is an easier transition from the A than most people think. It’s Black AF like the crib, so it’s not hard to adjust to it. The females are super down to earth and approachable, like an 180 from Atlanta girls. And most of them freaky as shyt too. Low key you’ll run across a few ATL brehs up there. Was driving down King Dr around 51st and saw a dude I went to HS with walking into one of those buildings. Pulled over and dude was like his baby moms was from there so he moved back with her. And then there is a liquor store on the south side called Atlanta Liquors, no clue what the fukk that’s about. It’s on King Dr too, closer to Bronzeville tho.

You talking about Westfield out in Skokie, and you right, shyt looks just like them pictures. The joint in Lombard is Yorktowne Center, it’s just a regular mall. Either way them Cacs beyond stupid thinking that 5 points shyt is ever going to work. I know my city, white people in the A will tolerate older Black folks with money. They not trying to even be around young Black folks regardless if they got money or not tho, and regardless if their acting bad or not. Black kids being rowdy and excited on a Friday makes them nervous . And there is now way you can keep that demo out of Five Points. It’s literally impossible. So in the end these plans won’t work in the long run because Cacs gonna be scared to shop, which means the stores would have to close eventually or cater to the demo that’s already down there. They would have to move the MARTA station and that’s never going to happen. It’s a reason why a local developer hasn’t even touched this idea in ages. Every last group that comes along with a plan is from out of state or out of the country. Mark my words whatever Anthropologie type stores they gonna try to put down there will be replaced by sneaker stores in a decades time.

My fault breh was in Grady mental health hospital for a week. I came back to the A to see family and ended up there.

I stay in Englewood off 63rd and raccine Im in VA for a minute though visiting more family but I'm finna go back to see my fam in Chicago and St Louis. I'm finna buy my own place to stay and as much as I love Chicago I can see why a lot of em are moving to Atlanta. I linked up with a whole crew of Chicago folks in Atlanta shii I'm a BD now they been helping me out in Chicago and Atlanta. Leaving a nikka random money and shyt.

And yeah it's a real easy transition. That's only if u know how to move and carry yourself tho. You can't be doing that Bs u can get away with in Atlanta in Chicago. They use to get mad at me when I'd say sum like "damn Chicago fukked up, Atlanta is too but this shyt wouldn't happen in Atlanta" they be like ",u think u better than us cuz u from Atlanta" :pachaha:

But nawl the shyt they say I'm crazy for in Atlanta all my folks in the Chi be like we woulda done the same shyt:smugdraper:

I got family scared to come to Chicago to visit but tryna go to Memphis and shyt. Ian been to Memphis before but I already know Memphis the Chicago of the south.

Atlanta still the best city in the world.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
I was looking to cop one of those townhomes they're building over there off Memorial for like 270k-ish. Ended up going with a townhome in Mableton, still not too far from the city.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I was looking to cop one of those townhomes they're building over there off Memorial for like 270k-ish. Ended up going with a townhome in Mableton, still not too far from the city.

Whatup neighbor? :salute: My wife and I purchased a home in Mableton last yr, low key Mableton has some GREAT homes/town homes for the low and alotta people don't know about it

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
My fault breh was in Grady mental health hospital for a week. I came back to the A to see family and ended up there.

I stay in Englewood off 63rd and raccine Im in VA for a minute though visiting more family but I'm finna go back to see my fam in Chicago and St Louis. I'm finna buy my own place to stay and as much as I love Chicago I can see why a lot of em are moving to Atlanta. I linked up with a whole crew of Chicago folks in Atlanta shii I'm a BD now they been helping me out in Chicago and Atlanta. Leaving a nikka random money and shyt.

And yeah it's a real easy transition. That's only if u know how to move and carry yourself tho. You can't be doing that Bs u can get away with in Atlanta in Chicago. They use to get mad at me when I'd say sum like "damn Chicago fukked up, Atlanta is too but this shyt wouldn't happen in Atlanta" they be like ",u think u better than us cuz u from Atlanta" :pachaha:

But nawl the shyt they say I'm crazy for in Atlanta all my folks in the Chi be like we woulda done the same shyt:smugdraper:

I got family scared to come to Chicago to visit but tryna go to Memphis and shyt. Ian been to Memphis before but I already know Memphis the Chicago of the south.

Atlanta still the best city in the world.

Damn homie, 63rd and Racine? You not that far from that new Whole Foods. I got a Auntie a few blocks from you on 61st and Sangamon. You probably know some of my cousins. That’s all you tho breh, most of my fam is ABPSN so you already know I don’t fukk around in the 50’s or 60’s in that section:mjlol:.

My auntie on 61 legit has a house rule where if you hear somebody outside shooting, don’t go to the window. Not cuz you’ll catch a stray as much as you don’t want whoever doing the shooting to see that you saw them. Them little brehs over there have no problem coming back on you if they think you talking to 12:mjlol:.

Chicago hoods overall aren’t as bad as folks make them seem, but that area, especially east of Halsted back towards King Dr is bat shyt crazy. That’s one of them Lord of the Flies type hoods, bunch of young nikkas running around on the wild shyt. But you right tho, it is Chicago but if you know how to move then you Gucci. At the end of the day as Black man you shouldn’t be scared of your own people anyway. Don’t matter where they are, and being from Atlanta will have brehs trying to get in with you because they know they can make money with you. I’m not even a social person at all, but I stay meeting folks up there, they’ll make it a point to chop it up with you just off that. You can source shyt down here and make money up there and vice versa. Legal shyt too, I’ll put you up on game homie. Go up there with a early model GM whip and flip it easily. If you put an ad on Offer Up for a “no rust Southern car” that shyt will be gone in a few days. Stuntastic ass ATL brehs letting a ‘01 Grand Prix go for 800 bucks, drive it up there and triple up.