"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I just don’t see Atlanta’s growth as sustainable without a 2nd city in close proximity to absorb the people.

Maybe a bullet train between Atlanta and Charlotte could do it.

It would need to be macon or columbus to the south. I think augusta may be a tad too far out. Anything north of ATL may as well be in tennesee

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I just don’t see Atlanta’s growth as sustainable without a 2nd city in close proximity to absorb the people.

Charlotte is too far. Maybe Savannah, Birmingham, Augusta, Columbia SC, or Chattanooga

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
Georgia needs a 2nd city like Macon to experience parallel growth to accomodate the population growth.

Dallas can be deceiving in terms of its growth because it includes three separate cities: Dallas, Arlington and Ft. Worth!
Man I wish. I'm from Macon and it's like they moving backwards while everybody else is progressing. I barely go back home

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This shyt look like Ganbangin in Little Rock :russ:

Mane my brother goes to Fort Valley..every two weeks I go pick him up and that whole Fort Valley/Macon/Perry area is backwards and slow as hell.

Went to a Wal Mart down there to get some shyt and see how they are living it was like they a decade or two behind like y’all said.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Mane my brother goes to Fort Valley..every two weeks I go pick him up and that whole Fort Valley/Macon/Perry area is backwards and slow as hell.

Went to a Wal Mart down there to get some shyt and see how they are living it was like they a decade or two behind like y’all said.

Columbus, Albany , and Macon are sooooo damn behind lol. At Least Savannah has a NO/Florida vibe so folks there just geechie as hell but still there is stuff there.

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
Still remember brehs in college like "Mac town better than the A" :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: Macon feels like you time traveled back to 1994
It's crazy because it didn't used to be like that. I graduated high school in 2003 and the city used to be live. It's dead as fukk now. It's like they broke the whole city's spirit or some shyt. I believe it started when Brown & Williamson closed. It was a cigarette plant that used to pay high wages to people with no degree needed. I remember folks used to get on there and move their families out the hood out to Lizella. You're right it literally feels like a bullshyt ass country town when it used to be way more than that

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It's crazy because it didn't used to be like that. I graduated high school in 2003 and the city used to be live. It's dead as fukk now. It's like they broke the whole city's spirit or some shyt. I believe it started when Brown & Williamson closed. It was a cigarette plant that used to pay high wages to people with no degree needed. I remember folks used to get on there and move their families out the hood out to Lizella. You're right it literally feels like a bullshyt ass country town when it used to be way more than that
what is the main industry there? At least Savannah has the Ports, Hospitality, Gulfstream, and I think one of them Railroad companies, plus a military base not far. Cant think of anything Macon is known for.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

Went to basketball camp at SW Macon HS back in the day. This was like mid 90’s and dudes were gang banging everywhere down there, like that’s all anyone talked about. shyt was unheard of in Atlanta at that time. The mall on Sat was like a royal rumble it seemed like. Went home like WTF. When I got grown I used to pull up down there a little too, same stuff going on years later. Was in Club Envy and they started shooting outside. Pulled out on MLK and dudes at the light ahead getting out the car brawling, shyt was crazy. Mac-Town can get pretty wild. That’s like the only city in GA that fukks with the A tho, in the system it’s pretty much ATL and Macon against everybody. Lot of cool dudes down there, they not on that on sight vs Atlanta shyt Savannah brehs is on. I can tell y’all brehs from experience repping the zone down in CPort might not turn out too well. :mjlol:

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
what is the main industry there? At least Savannah has the Ports, Hospitality, Gulfstream, and I think one of them Railroad companies, plus a military base not far. Cant think of anything Macon is known for.
There is none. We got Mercer and the Hospital.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
There is none. We got Mercer and the Hospital.
lmfao damn. I just looked and Columbus has twice the population and I already knew Augusta and Savannah were bigger. I guess because Macon was so close I always thought it was much bigger and booming than it was but I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere like Smyrna had more economic power.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

Who's saying you're not getting a second city to accommodate the growth? Sandy Springs (a newer city) is the main city referenced in that data that was just posted. Smyrna is another area that is absorbing a large amount of growth. But yea the strongest growth is to the north of the city, noones in a hurry to live in or near Macon, you'd have a better shot of seeing Athens emerge as a city with sustained population growth than Macon would

:salute: @JamilALAmin whatup homie?