"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
IMG_4737.0.jpeg

The longtime home of Leggett & Platt manufacturing in Reynoldstown has been leveled and its land cleared to make way for controversial developer Jeff Fuqua’s latest project, Madison Yards.

Extending from Memorial Drive to Interstate 20, along Bill Kennedy Way and the planned Beltline corridor, the project is expected to bring a slice of suburbia to the neighborhood.

The long-planned development will include some 550 residences, 80,000 square feet of loft office space, 160,000 square feet of retail, and plenty of parking.

While much of the parking is located within decks—a welcome change from previous projects by the firm—streets faced with blank walls and service drives are still prevalent.

The development will be anchored by a Publix and AMC Theatre, confirming speculation of a change from the formerly expected Sprouts and CineBistro. Also, expect a mix of townhomes and apartments. All in, the project is anticipated to cost at least $250 million

Fuqua purchased the 17-acre site for nearly $30 million late last year.

With the land cleared, construction should begin soon, with part of the project delivering next spring, per earlier reports.

Fuqua must have somebody in his pocket because he gets EVERY mixed use development contract it seems and they are always the same

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
black folks on that side need more access to grocery stores so it is what it is.
What Black folks? The Edgewood shopping Center is overwhelmingly white. The other Kroger on Moreland is a different story. BP ain’t gonna be in no damn AMCI

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
What Black folks? The Edgewood shopping Center is overwhelmingly white. The other Kroger on Moreland is a different story. BP ain’t gonna be in no damn AMCI

the times I do go to Edgewood its a pretty mixed crowd, since it's the closest shopping for many people. And idk what world you live in where you think black people dont go to the movies lol.

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:yeshrug:

I wish they'd do more for the Westside but ATL loves the Eastside so much because so many cacs are nearby.

I used to temp at Ponce City Market while it was being built. Remember seeing white women jogging on Boulevard.

All I could think of was Jeezy in the lambo crusing around back when it was Crip territory.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps

I wish they'd do more for the Westside but ATL loves the Eastside so much because so many cacs are nearby.

I used to temp at Ponce City Market while it was being built. Remember seeing white women jogging on Boulevard.

All I could think of was Jeezy in the lambo crusing around back when it was Crip territory.
They’re doing plenty in the (Upper :mjpls:) Westside.. just wait 5 years.. they gonna have a Whole Foods on Metropolitan or Campbellton :bryan:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

They already got the plans in motion for the Westside Beltline lol

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Any thoughts / comments on living in the Fairburn/Camp Creek area? Is that a good middle class black area or is there a better option?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Any thoughts / comments on living in the Fairburn/Camp Creek area? Is that a good middle class black area or is there a better option?

its cool just dont go to any gas stations over there at night time, or just go to one thats heavy populated and with a lot of light. folks get robbed and shot at gas stations on camp creek and fulton industrial at night time.

that camp creek/south fulton area could be so much better than it is. it has middle class and wealthy blacks..normal subdivisions and mansions are over there. Dwight Howard has a mansion in that area.

Tons of black businesses and stuff to do. The issue over there is young people trying to be hood when they stay in good neighborhoods, and they act a fool in the schools over there and do occasional kick doors.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Atlanta declared third fastest-growing metro area in the nation

Michael Kahn
JTP_1669.0.jpg

The Midtown Atlanta skyline with the Connector in the foreground.
Curbed Atlanta
If it feels like Atlanta is getting more crowded, it is.

Between 2016 and 2017, metro Atlanta packed on nearly 90,000 new residents, bringing the total population in the region to an estimated 5,884,736 people.

The statistics, published by the U.S. Census Bureau, mean Atlanta saw the third highest population gain of any metro in the country, behind Dallas and Houston respectively—cities with larger overall populations.

The numbers put Atlanta’s growth well ahead of Washington, D.C., which has a larger overall population than Atlanta, too. For now.

Census.JPG
US Census Bureau
Overall, Atlanta ranks as the ninth largest metropolitan area in the country, just 200,000 residents behind Philadelphia and 275,000 behind Miami, per the Census numbers.

The only other Georgia location to make the list of fastest-growing cities in the country is Jefferson, northwest of Athens. The small city ranked second by both numeric growth and percentage growth for micropolitain areas.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute

Michael Kahn
JTP_1669.0.jpg

The Midtown Atlanta skyline with the Connector in the foreground.
Curbed Atlanta
If it feels like Atlanta is getting more crowded, it is.

Between 2016 and 2017, metro Atlanta packed on nearly 90,000 new residents, bringing the total population in the region to an estimated 5,884,736 people.

The statistics, published by the U.S. Census Bureau, mean Atlanta saw the third highest population gain of any metro in the country, behind Dallas and Houston respectively—cities with larger overall populations.

The numbers put Atlanta’s growth well ahead of Washington, D.C., which has a larger overall population than Atlanta, too. For now.

Census.JPG
US Census Bureau
Overall, Atlanta ranks as the ninth largest metropolitan area in the country, just 200,000 residents behind Philadelphia and 275,000 behind Miami, per the Census numbers.

The only other Georgia location to make the list of fastest-growing cities in the country is Jefferson, northwest of Athens. The small city ranked second by both numeric growth and percentage growth for micropolitain areas.

Georgia needs a 2nd city like Macon to experience parallel growth to accomodate the population growth.

Dallas can be deceiving in terms of its growth because it includes three separate cities: Dallas, Arlington and Ft. Worth!

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Georgia needs a 2nd city like Macon to experience parallel growth to accomodate the population growth.

Dallas can be deceiving in terms of its growth because it includes three separate cities: Dallas, Arlington and Ft. Worth!

Macon has a long way to go because I think they only have 90k people so you couldn't even try to do an ATL- Macon Metroplex

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Macon has a long way to go because I think they only have 90k people so you couldn't even try to do an ATL- Macon Metroplex

I just don’t see Atlanta’s growth as sustainable without a 2nd city in close proximity to absorb the people.

Maybe a bullet train between Atlanta and Charlotte could do it.