"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Arizona's? Thats like the prime cakin spot for every black in South Dekalb. That area really needs more options. I went to alpharetta and there was 3-4 great spots every quarter of a mile or so. The entire area of South Dekalb with 350k people has Arizonas :upsetfavre:
Yep, lol. Its the spot you take your main broad too . Not many other options other than your chain restaurants.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Yo brehs,

Whats a cool spot to eat dinner and/or have drinks thats near 285 but also near Stone Mountain?

Stonecrest is the best you're gonna get in the area. The spots outside that are ratchet AF. My aunt got into a brawl at Dugans because some bytch said that she looked at her wrong :snoop:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
@Born2BKing is out that way...IDK what's out in that Clarkston/Tucker/Avondale Estates area unless you're willing to drive a little further out North towards Doraville/Dunwoody
Stonecrest is the best you're gonna get in the area. The spots outside that are ratchet AF. My aunt got into a brawl at Dugans because some bytch said that she looked at her wrong :snoop:
I met this fine ass black french chick who just moved here at a francophone event. She is staying in the area. We were looking for a spot to meet up near her since she's not familiar with all part of ATL yet. She didn't wanna drive too far

Last edited:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
surprised I aint seen no threads about this. I would love to see 9th Wonder and Elzhi. is this a yearly event?? im rather new here. driving trucks right now so I cant attend

A3C been going on since 2005, always been a nice mix of artists in town for it

Arizona's? Thats like the prime cakin spot for every black in South Dekalb. That area really needs more options. I went to alpharetta and there was 3-4 great spots every quarter of a mile or so. The entire area of South Dekalb with 350k people has Arizonas :upsetfavre:

We got no unique eaterys in South DeKalb county smh. And Stonecrest ain't eem all that.

do yall have cookout out there?

Yeah. The first one in the metro area opened up a few months ago. They're opening a few more in the area. My cousin got a high ranking position with them and said there will be one in Kennesaw too

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Bout to try this Shake Shack in Buckhead later today. They just opened up last week. I gotta see how it compares to Farm Burger, Yeah Burger, and Five Guys

ss_menu_buckhead_final.jpg

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im ready to move to the ATL brehs:why:
Getting my stuff together with these certs so I wont have to take an entry level helpdesk job. 10 months and Ill be there, gonna be a hot summa:steviej:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
We just moved into our new house last week….and so I just found out that where we live in Loganville is unincorporated….so it’s outside the city limits…so we don’t have to pay city taxes.
Georgia wins again!
:win:

But it’s kinda weird, though….like, how we getting our water supply through Loganville but can’t get trash services? I hadda go through Gwinnett County to get our trash picked up. :what:

I'd hit the stonecrest area. Several places to get food and drinks over there and it's a couple exits from 285.

:yes:

Was roundabouts there last Saturday, me and wifey got invited to Arizona's for this party. Nice area....Arizona's is mad :ehh: though).

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
My dude....THE BEST burgers in Atlanta are at The Vortexx downtown (or in Little Five Points), and it's not even close. Even their FRIES are :lawd:

Vortex is on point too. Another spot I remember being good was Flatiron. My pops used to take me and my brother there, ain't been there in a minute tho.

The verdict on Shake Shack:
sean-p.gif

Crinkle cut fries weren't any different from the ones you buy at the grocery store. I can't front on the presentation of the burger, it looked just as good as the picture I saw on Reddit. Taste-wise, it was ok, it wasn't fast food nasty, or close to the best I ever had. Basically, just go try the burgers or shake (even though I didn't try one)