"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I really wish someone would a warned a breh that this weekend was gay pride weekend. I fukked around and drove in the vecinity of Piedmont park and done seen shyt that i cant erase from my memory. I may need therapy:mjcry:
F2Ktopiclist4PKh.gif

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Sh!t was horrible breh.

This one white mofo was crossing the street wearrign a shirt that said "Yeah i suck
5594419295_1f2642e725_m.jpg
. So what?" :dahell:

And not to mention the 300 lbs black dude walking around in his gay-pride colored boxer briefs in the middle of the street:scust:

Kaseem needs to do something about this, brehs.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Sh!t was horrible breh.

This one white mofo was crossing the street wearrign a shirt that said "Yeah i suck
5594419295_1f2642e725_m.jpg
. So what?" :dahell:

And not to mention the 300 lbs black dude walking around in his gay-pride colored boxer briefs in the middle of the street:scust:

Kaseem needs to do something about this, brehs.
I won't lie I drove through Midtown early Saturday saw the signs and thought
jayzyikes.gif

Mayor Reed and turning down revenue :mjlol:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I won't lie I drove through Midtown early Saturday saw the signs and thought
jayzyikes.gif

Mayor Reed and turning down revenue :mjlol:
They shut down freak nick (sp) and that brought revenue, didnt it?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I meant to warn y'all after I saw it Saturday morning but forgot to post it.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Not remotely the same:

Freaknik=Black college kids from out of town not spending a lot
Gay Pride: Caucasian locally and from out of two spending enough.

Say what you want but he don't want them problems.
Yeah the LGBT community is strong nowadays. They have money + they vote. Two things that will put politicians on their knees.

You still living downtown?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

I know some docile nikkas will cry about how this solves nothing........however i love civil disobedience and it does work at times. Keep ya boot on they necks! :salute:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/protesters-block-i-75/nhqCY/?icmp=ajc_internallink_textlink_homepage

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A human blockade temporarily formed on I-75/85 northbound Wednesday evening as protesters halted traffic.

Atlanta police spokesman Officer John Chafee said a number of protesters were present on the Downtown Connector near Freedom Parkway. Authorities continue to gather information on the incident.

Southerners On New Ground field organizer Mary Hooks told the Associated Press that she and other grassroots organizers helped plan the protest as part of a national week of resistance to mass incarceration and police brutality. She said the protest was also connected to the Ferguson, Missouri, shooting in August.

People on Twitter were writing in support of the protest used the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter.

The protest had its supporters and critics on the social media service.

“Shut down NOW! I75/85 Atlanta s/b cuz #blacklivesmatter!!! #o22 o22walkout #ferguson #mikebrown,” wrote @PremTod.

“Folks in downtown Atlanta not playing abt Ferguson” tweeted @DecorusDea1.

“how is shutting the highway down at rush hour in Atlanta stopping police brutality in Ferguson?” asked @englishanj.

Michael Brown, an 18-year-old African-American, was shot and killed by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, who is white, on Aug. 9 in a case that sparked unrest.

Return to ajc.com for updates.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Get out and vote brehs :ufdup:

Clayton seeing sizable early voter turnout

By Tammy Joyner

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Clayton County residents are turning out in sizable numbers for early voting - spurred in part by a public transit referendum, the top elections official said Friday.

As of 3 p.m. Friday, the county elections office had seen more than 5,568 early voters, according to Elections Director Annie Bright. Friday was the end of the second week of early voting, which closes on Oct. 31.

“I don’t recall a turnout like this in a mid-term election in the second week of early voting,” Bright told The Atlanta-Journal Constitution. Bright attributed part of the surge to the governor’s and U.S. senate races but said the referendum, which asks voters to approve a contract with MARTA, was a big reason for the turnout. A major grassroots push in the last month to register voters and spread the word about MARTA may have also helped drive voters in early.

This weekend should push those numbers even higher as Clayton hosts its first Sunday voting.

“We’re looking forward to seeing what the Sunday voting will be like,” Bright said.

Meanwhile, some voters are split on MARTA, even some within the same household.

“We’re a divided household,” Riverdale resident Betty Black said Friday as she and her 27-year-old daughter, Kristen, left the old courthouse in downtown Jonesboro after voting. Black voted for MARTA. Her daughter voted against it.

“I work at the airport and there are peope there who don’t have a way to work and I think it’s patently unfair to have to take a taxi back and forth to work,” Black said. Daughter Kristen said she believes a vote for MARTA would bring more crime and unruly people into the county.