"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You're intentionally being dense. You have consistently made statements criticizing black people who purchase homes outside of the city of Atlanta. Everyone doesn't want to live in the city, but never mind that. Shouldn't you be encouraging black home ownership regardless of the city? :jbhmm:

*eagerly awaits some Juelz.gif type response from Lord Pleather about not caring about black people or black home owners outside of COA*

This is a thread about COA.

Yall shouls post about your own cities versus trying to tell people in a city you dont live in what they need to be doing.

I care about keeping ATL black and black ownership in ATL, hence me actually living in the city I speak of.
:comeon:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Dude thinks people not rocking with amazon = people hate business :russ:

Dude doesnt work in Tech and is clueless about amazon and their culture but wants tk speak as the authority on the matter especially when people have consistently posted about the negative impact amazon had on seattle and not to mention all of the incentives cities are throwing at amazon would essentially washout the “5 billion investment”.
Precisely.

All corporate jobs aren't equal

Amazon isl ike inviting a rhino in your living room.

PSG Groupe is like having a 4 member family move in down the block

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Precisely.

All corporate jobs aren't equal

Amazon isl ike inviting a rhino in your living room.

PSG Groupe is like having a 4 member family move in down the block

If we gotta give a company billions in tax cuts over 30-50 years just to get the amount they said they would invest up front, we might as well invest in ourselves. ATL aint hurting for nobody, we shouldnt give the city away for crumbs especially when less than 5% of our pop will even get these jobs due to all the transfers and overall global recruiting that will be used to fluff the 50k jobs number. People are acting like they are saying they are going to find 50k ATL natives and give them jobs :mjlol:.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

Yall shouls post about your own cities versus trying to tell people in a city you dont live in what they need to be doing.

I care about keeping ATL black and black ownership in ATL, hence me actually living in the city I speak of.

This thread is about everything going on in & around Atlanta...it is not strictly for people who only live in the city limits of Atlanta.

And Atlanta IS my city breh, only narrow minded, crab in the barrel negroes like yourself would try to marginalize another black person for not having a current residence in the city limits :martin:

BTW, great way to side step how you talk down on people who don't live have a COA residence, that's that narrow minded bullshyt I was talking about

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
A portion of the article from myajc.com about Amazon and Atlanta:

Some cities and states already have put offers on the table for billions in potential incentives – including tax breaks, land and other perks. Georgia’s incentives offerings are said to also top $1 billion, and include tax breaks, grants and potential transportation improvements.

Many in Georgia political and economic development circles expected Atlanta to be a finalist for the $5 billion project.

The decision puts Georgia lawmakers one step closer to a broader debate over just how much the state should offer to sweeten the pot for Amazon. Gov. Nathan Deal said last week he would call a special legislative session to hash out incentives if Georgia is a top finalist for the headquarters.

It could be a dicey proposition for conservatives and liberals alike who would have to vote on potentially 10-figure economic development packages to lure the ecommerce giant. But an Atlanta Journal-Constitution poll released last week shows broad public support for a potentially lucrative package.

The poll showed about 65 percent of those surveyed said they would support giving incentives worth more than $1 billion to Amazon if it brings tens of thousands of jobs to the state. The $1 billion figure could just be the starting point – several other competitors have already offered several times that amount in tax benefits.

Amazon unveiled the headquarters search in September. Some in Atlanta have equated the state’s pursuit of Amazon as an Olympics-like bid, with civic, business and government leaders coalescing around one goal, knowing wherever Amazon might land in the region – if Amazon picks metro Atlanta – the investment would reverberate across the state.

Most of the finalist cities boast deep technology talent pools, research universities, world-class international airports and robust transit networks; all of which were among Amazon’s requirements.

But some are smaller cities that seem to lack the air connectivity or transit that might be expected for a project that could have 50,000 jobs

Atlanta also routinely competes with many of these cities, including Dallas and Chicago, in headquarters relocation sweepstakes.

But amid the fervor is the real chance Georgia and other rivals will break the bank for a single company. Others worry of what some have labeled a “prosperity bomb,” where a rush of high-paying corporate jobs could exacerbate a burgeoning affordable housing crunch in Atlanta, much as Seattle has grappled with a yawning inequality gap.

IMO, the long term benefits of Amazon here would outweigh some of the very legitimate concerns many of y'all have brought up. The 65% local support for bringing Amazon here indicates that most Atlantans support this project and last I checked we're still one of the frontrunners.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
IMO, the long term benefits of Amazon here would outweigh some of the very legitimate concerns many of y'all have brought up. The 65% local support for bringing Amazon here indicates that most Atlantans support this project and last I checked we're still one of the frontrunners.
If they invested 10 billion in Marta I'd jump over the moon

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
If they invested 10 billion in Marta I'd jump over the moon

The article I posted said that the state will be kicking in up to a billion with infrastructure earmarked in that incentive package for Amazon. People don't realize that the state isn't just gonna repurpose money from this project into other state projects. There has to be a economic reason to support it.

Just imagine an Atlanta with less gridlock, a more developed subway system, expanded light rail, less emissions :banderas:

There's opportunity to truly transform and improve the city that we all live in, whether we're in the city limits or not

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

You on one for real breh. I’ve met @AVXL before. He a SW/Zone 4 breh thru and thru, like if I didn’t know where he was from already I would’ve guessed SWATS just how he comes off. And breh a family man, so I understand why he lives where he lives. Westside to Cobb/Douglas moves ain’t exactly uncommon with folks from our side anyway. That’s pretty much how it goes, grow up, get money and move out that way. See you thinking about it from a ITP gentrification POV, but I know a lot of folks who went out that way because it was a sign of moving up. And it is if you grew up over there, because if you stay round the way folks will think you’re a bum. That’s usually how it goes anyway breh, it’s the new comers who the most extra with that ITP shyt anyway. I’m in the city, not in the areas I grew up in but I don’t have a family either. Most the brehs I grew up with do have fams and they stay out that way now. No way in hell you gonna tell me these nikkas ain’t no stereotypical Atlanta nikkas. Everybody doesn’t have the luxury to cop shyt and play the long game, lot of brehs got kids and they worrying bout schools and crime in the area. They ain’t got the time to for some shyt to turn the corner.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You on one for real breh. I’ve met @AVXL before. He a SW/Zone 4 breh thru and thru, like if I didn’t know where he was from already I would’ve guessed SWATS just how he comes off. And breh a family man, so I understand why he lives where he lives. Westside to Cobb/Douglas moves ain’t exactly uncommon with folks from our side anyway. That’s pretty much how it goes, grow up, get money and move out that way. See you thinking about it from a ITP gentrification POV, but I know a lot of folks who went out that way because it was a sign of moving up. And it is if you grew up over there, because if you stay round the way folks will think you’re a bum. That’s usually how it goes anyway breh, it’s the new comers who the most extra with that ITP shyt anyway. I’m in the city, not in the areas I grew up in but I don’t have a family either. Most the brehs I grew up with do have fams and they stay out that way now. No way in hell you gonna tell me these nikkas ain’t no stereotypical Atlanta nikkas.
Yeah Man @AVXL got youngins to raise, got put them in the right place for certain.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You on one for real breh. I’ve met @AVXL before. He a SW/Zone 4 breh thru and thru, like if I didn’t know where he was from already I would’ve guessed SWATS just how he comes off. And breh a family man, so I understand why he lives where he lives. Westside to Cobb/Douglas moves ain’t exactly uncommon with folks from our side anyway. That’s pretty much how it goes, grow up, get money and move out that way. See you thinking about it from a ITP gentrification POV, but I know a lot of folks who went out that way because it was a sign of moving up. And it is if you grew up over there, because if you stay round the way folks will think you’re a bum. That’s usually how it goes anyway breh, it’s the new comers who the most extra with that ITP shyt anyway. I’m in the city, not in the areas I grew up in but I don’t have a family either. Most the brehs I grew up with do have fams and they stay out that way now. No way in hell you gonna tell me these nikkas ain’t no stereotypical Atlanta nikkas.

If you not an ATL tax payer you got no say in what ATL should or shouldn't be getting.

Yall can take that as yall please, but I'm straight on allowing people like Mary Norwood to be a threat to ATL every election cycle. If black people don't live in ATL then there will be nobody to fight for the people who are in ATL.

:hubie:

I rather make a neighborhood good than run to somewhere someone else established or some random burb where black folks aint building anything. Look at Lithonia, that place is in shambles with big box retailers closing every month and no black alternatives.

I can careless if people are offended, and I can careless where someone stayed in 1995.
:manny:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
he can worry about his community and I will worry about mine.
Ehhhh that’s kind of short sighted fam. I see your point but I think anyone who knows that community and had a stake there should be able to voice their opinion.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Yeah Man @AVXL got youngins to raise, got put them in the right place for certain.

I already know. He doing the right thing. I’ve said it myself a gazillion times, if I had kids I would either move out that way or get a cheap spot in the hood and put the money saved towards private school. I wouldn’t put a kid who wasn’t super focused and confident in APS. If you don’t have those things in spades that shyt will turn middle class kids into knuckleheads. I kinda learned that lesson looking back at my own upbringing. APS just not where it needs to be yet, so I totally understand why folks put the kids over staying in town.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Ehhhh that’s kind of short sighted fam. I see your point but I think anyone who knows that community and had a stake there should be able to voice their opinion.

Opinions aint aint work. We all men, he can lead his family how he wants, nobody is asking for unity.

I'm trying to work with other men who want to build, not be commentary.