"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I think Atlanta is at a point now where something transformative is needed...whether it's cultural, business related, socially Atlanta needs something that can spur the kind of infrastructure & job creation that a company like having the Amazon HQ2 can provide. I think it would be a tremendous boost for our city but I do agree that there are some concerns that need to be addressed so that Amazon is a good corporate citizen while they are here. But I think overall the positives outweigh the negatives here and I think if we get it, it will be the kind of moment that can make our city a better place and we'll look back on it 5-10 years from now like "wow things have really gotten better", similar to how we did after the Olympics left

AV you already know I fukk with you the long way but I have to disagree with you on that one my boy. I do agree that Amazon will transform what ever city they choose, but that’s also why I don’t want to see them come here. I’m fine with what Atlanta is, I have no desire to see it become a top 3-5 city. I’m totally cool with it being that little city with a big metro that still has a lot of swag. I’d rather be like a DC in the late 90’s than a DC of 2018, vanilla and dry folks walking around talking about how cool and authentic it used to be. I think what we are now packs a whole lot in a small package, way more than places a lot bigger than us like Dallas (:lolbron:), and I really think something like Amazon will make us grow, but also make us a lot more corny and dry like some of those other cities.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Brehs why is property near the new stadium so cheap? :patrice: Are those good investment properties?

It’s supposed to be changing over, but as time goes on the more skeptical I become. It’s not as bad as it used to be. But it’s still a whole lot of drugs over there. They supposedly got rid of it a few years ago and gave the folks over there an ultimatum on some leave now and we won’t prosecute shyt, but I still see a ton of J’s over there and they not gonna be over there if it isn’t work. I think it’ll eventually be block by block over there. Some will be nice, others won’t.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
AV you already know I fukk with you the long way but I have to disagree with you on that one my boy. I do agree that Amazon will transform what ever city they choose, but that’s also why I don’t want to see them come here. I’m fine with what Atlanta is, I have no desire to see it become a top 3-5 city. I’m totally cool with it being that little city with a big metro that still has a lot of swag. I’d rather be like a DC in the late 90’s than a DC of 2018, vanilla and dry folks walking around talking about how cool and authentic it used to be. I think what we are now packs a whole lot in a small package, way more than places a lot bigger than us like Dallas (:lolbron:), and I really think something like Amazon will make us grow, but also make us a lot more corny and dry like some of those other cities.
:jbhmm:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It’s supposed to be changing over, but as time goes on the more skeptical I become. It’s not as bad as it used to be. But it’s still a whole lot of drugs over there. They supposedly got rid of it a few years ago and gave the folks over there an ultimatum on some leave now and we won’t prosecute shyt, but I still see a ton of J’s over there and they not gonna be over there if it isn’t work. I think it’ll eventually be block by block over there. Some will be nice, others won’t.

Gentrification doesnt happen over night. The financial crash on 08 put a halt to things but this is still a 20-30yr process.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
So buy and hold to rent wont even be a good option because of the area? I thought it would be perfect to Air B&B a spot that close to the stadium during the season too.

752 Windsor St Sw, Atlanta, GA 30310 - realtor.com®

100 racks for this :mindblown:

And right by that nice ass stadium :ohhh:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
So buy and hold to rent wont even be a good option because of the area? I thought it would be perfect to Air B&B a spot that close to the stadium during the season too.

752 Windsor St Sw, Atlanta, GA 30310 - realtor.com®

100 racks for this :mindblown:

And right by that nice ass stadium :ohhh:

fukk yeah buy that shyt. You’ll always be able to rent it out regardless of what the area does. I’m a huge proponent of that grind, cuz everybody ain’t gonna be in the Whole Foods income bracket, regular brehs gotta have somewhere to stay too. I got a spot in Gary and another one in probably the worst hood in Charlotte, not a fan of the term slum lord, but I have no desire to be flipping/renting spots to the upper crust. Too many folks chasing that dream.

And I thought you was talking about the Bluff, that spot you posted is in Mechanicsville, not that far but a different area. Same demo tho, but I would say that area will turn before the Bluff does actually because it’s close to Grant Park and GSU is down there. State has a track record of turning areas around that they are in. Cop it breh.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Gentrification doesnt happen over night. The financial crash on 08 put a halt to things but this is still a 20-30yr process.

Yeah but I’m not so sure the white folks know exactly what they are dealing with over there. Still some street cats that own those houses over there. I know y’all remember that breh that was in the news last year after they busted him, dude owned like 7 houses just in that area. And he not the only one, one of my fam older brother got a few spots over there still. What I’m saying is that area is unique in that you’re not moving out poor old ladies, you’ve got mostly investors and street folks that own those spots. Gentrification over there won’t be the same as the West End. And I just don’t see that area turning the corner completely until the alphabet boys clear up the illegal stuff. Been saying for years the face of gentrification in Atlanta will be different. It’s a perfect storm here. Cheap real estate + brehs getting money + Atlanta being slower to the gentrification thing than other places so we see how the game goes.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah but I’m not so sure the white folks know exactly what they are dealing with over there. Still some street cats that own those houses over there. I know y’all remember that breh that was in the news last year after they busted him, dude owned like 7 houses just in that area. And he not the only one, one of my fam older brother got a few spots over there still. What I’m saying is that area is unique in that you’re not moving out poor old ladies, you’ve got mostly investors and street folks that own those spots. Gentrification over there won’t be the same as the West End. And I just don’t see that area turning the corner completely until the alphabet boys clear up the illegal stuff. Been saying for years the face of gentrification in Atlanta will be different. It’s a perfect storm here. Cheap real estate + brehs getting money + Atlanta being slower to the gentrification thing than other places so we see how the game goes.

English Ave idk, but Vine City, washington park, etc will be gentrified in the next 15 yrs.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
English Ave idk, but Vine City, washington park, etc will be gentrified in the next 15 yrs.

Washington Park already has turned if you ask me. It’s come along way from the days of BMF having cookouts at the park itself and the BP @ King/Lowery being an open air drug market 24/7. Young breh didn’t even want to walk by that bytch back in the day, I would legit cross the street just to avoid it. Vine City well on its way there too. But I’m not just so sure about English Ave. they’ve been saying for years they gonna clean it up but I still see the same shyt when I ride thru and I know of some brehs over there still getting loads of money.