"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Are people happy to have it because their orders will arrive faster?

I don’t do the online shopping thing so idk..
And I don’t know why anyone with be happy with working in a warehouse fukk that shyt

People happy to have it because it's a big name that they asses wouldn't get hired at but they can brag about it.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Gwinnett doe
:scust:

Rather live in one of the SW burbs

True..that area where camp creek, langston huges, and westlake high schools are have some nice ass luxury homes and they are all black neighborhoods.
young nikkas over there be on some bullshyt tho trying to act like they stay on Old Nat or Glenwood and not a upper middle class black neighborhood

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I have a bad feeling about amazon coming to Atlanta.

I don’t think it will benefit black folk at all

Amazon coming to Atlanta will be great for the city (infrastructure investments, tech and IT investments, 50K jobs, $5 billion into the local economy) and would be great for black people seeking new careers or advancement into the careers I just mentioned.

Not sure how anyone who is pro business & pro Atlanta would be against this move

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Amazon coming to Atlanta will be great for the city (infrastructure investments, tech and IT investments, 50K jobs, $5 billion into the local economy) and would be great for black people seeking new careers or advancement into the careers I just mentioned.

Not sure how anyone who is pro business & pro Atlanta would be against this move

Because I think there’s something to be said for an entity as big as Amazon enveloping an entire city and affecting its Culture.

It’d be good for business, but would it be good for Corporate Business? Or would it be good for the average folk’s business?

The difference between those two things is monumental. You really couldn’t foresee 5-10 years from now, people who don’t live here discussing how much atlanta business has grown with Amazon, while the average Atlanta citizen hates it?

Atlanta is continuously on the Rise and we don’t need Amazon for that, in my opinion. Let some city like Austin or Raleigh have it, they’d be more than happy to let it change their city to the point that they’re the Amazon City, like Seattle.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Because I think there’s something to be said for an entity as big as Amazon enveloping an entire city and affecting its Culture.

It’d be good for business, but would it be good for Corporate Business? Or would it be good for the average folk’s business?

The difference between those two things is monumental. You really couldn’t foresee 5-10 years from now, people who don’t live here discussing how much atlanta business has grown with Amazon, while the average Atlanta citizen hates it?

Atlanta is continuously on the Rise and we don’t need Amazon for that, in my opinion. Let some city like Austin or Raleigh have it, they’d be more than happy to let it change their city to the point that they’re the Amazon City, like Seattle.

I think Atlanta is at a point now where something transformative is needed...whether it's cultural, business related, socially Atlanta needs something that can spur the kind of infrastructure & job creation that a company like having the Amazon HQ2 can provide. I think it would be a tremendous boost for our city but I do agree that there are some concerns that need to be addressed so that Amazon is a good corporate citizen while they are here. But I think overall the positives outweigh the negatives here and I think if we get it, it will be the kind of moment that can make our city a better place and we'll look back on it 5-10 years from now like "wow things have really gotten better", similar to how we did after the Olympics left

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
True..that area where camp creek, langston huges, and westlake high schools are have some nice ass luxury homes and they are all black neighborhoods.
young nikkas over there be on some bullshyt tho trying to act like they stay on Old Nat or Glenwood and not a upper middle class black neighborhood

Yeah them SW schools in Fulton been on that. Although I will say back in the day when Boat Rock and Red Oak was popping those schools did have some kids who actually were bout that life. So it wasn’t like they was always 100% middle class kids. Pacman from Boat Rock, and wasn’t shyt middle class about how he came up. SW overall is nice, but there are a few sketch pockets, COA side and Fulton side.