"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Came Across this old vid

:mjlol:

Thank God I got the hell outta Columbia High because when I left that Black Mobb stuff blew the hell up. Hell I just realized 21 Savage was one of them young boys on that ish :wow:

Bruh I be playing that video in the whip lmao

Beat a nikka ass, and I yoked that nikka out
CHECK MY YOKE GAME nikka THATS WHAT THE fukk IM TALKIN BOUT :banderas:

Lil E was on IG a few years back showing papers on how Travis Porter got all them Born Threat nikkas locked up when TP was running with Black Mobb

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Any of y'all ever been to Al-Farooq Masjid of Atlanta in Midtown?

It's not too far from where I stay at, got a few neighbors that go there. They do a lot of stuff for the community and it's a couple Halal spots near there too that ain't bad. It's a dope looking building

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Came Across this old vid

:mjlol:

Thank God I got the hell outta Columbia High because when I left that Black Mobb stuff blew the hell up. Hell I just realized 21 Savage was one of them young boys on that ish :wow:

What's the deets on the Black Mobb nikkas, I heard of them but we didn't get the full picture out West. Sides in ATL like they own cities, used to hear about all them eastside crews but never really crossed paths with them. Brick Rd back in the day was the only people from the east I really was up on and that was cuz my hood used to get into with them at the teen clubs like Atrium and shyt

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What's the deets on the Black Mobb nikkas, I heard of them but we didn't get the full picture out West. Sides in ATL like they own cities, used to hear about all them eastside crews but never really crossed paths with them. Brick Rd back in the day was the only people from the east I really was up on and that was cuz my hood used to get into with them at the teen clubs like Atrium and shyt

Black Mobb was like a coalition of squads that centered on Columbia Drive & went to Columbia High in Decatur..they was mostly GD. They made that song "tea bag that hoe" and some more shyt..Strap and Quez from Traivs Porter was part of Black Mobb I think..idk bout Ali.

They beefed heavy with Da Fam. Fam was another group consisted of squads that stayed near Glenwood & went to Towers High..a few of em started repping Blood idk how that happened but I guess that's why 21 savage & them PDE nikkas blood now cause Da Fam & Born Threat put Glenwood on that blood shyt bout 10 years ago

Them nikkas used to scrap at Stonecrest every weekend & at birthday bash every year smh.

Last edited:

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
That shyt reminds me of right before I moved down here and my friends that already moved was talking about Southside Mafia/Hit Squad/etc. down in Riverdale. Everyone went from green rags to red.

My uncle said whatever spot I hit up, don't go to Figure 8. Said it was hood as fukk:

Why the fukk would you stay there. :mindblown: A fight was bout to happen. :damn: at dude hit with the glass

I was in College Park for a year and didn't really see any gangs all like that. Just youngins clicked up walkin up and down Riverdale Rd and Godby. Everyone got cars now

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

I grew up Around Brick rd but went to school in Decatur most my life because I was in Magnet.

When I was at Columbia you had MPG which is the group/Click RaRa(young capone) was in, and they had did some stuff with MCG who were Brick rd cats (not sure if you remember the group Heavyweights, they had that Lil scrappy dis song and a few other tracks).

Well all those cats were a few yrs older than me so I didnt know them.

Most of the Black mobb cats were around my age so a few of em I've known since elementary and others I played football with at Columbia high since they went to different elementary schools. When I was at Columbia i dont think Black mobb was official yet but the "sub groups" like Mastamind Click were.

From what I understood Black Mobb was loosly on some GD ish which is makes me surprised how everyone is on some blood stuff now.

I think Da Fam was all them cats who went to towers, and Black mobb initially was all the cats who went to Columbia, then it started spreading around fast.

When i left Columbia thats when that black mobb stuff really took off because I was seeing cats at Clarkston with these fake spin off clicks jocking Black mobb and Da fam. And thats when stone crest was pretty much a war zone and they had to implement the cerfew.

Before Black mobb and all that gang stuff cats pretty much just repped their road and at most made a click for everyone on the road or neighborhood.

Hell Im surprised them Brick Rd cats was even getting into it with westside dudes lol growing the main people they had beef with were Scottdale cats and CKT (Clarkston killer thugs).

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I grew up Around Brick rd but went to school in Decatur most my life because I was in Magnet.

When I was at Columbia you had MPG which is the group/Click RaRa(young capone) was in, and they had did some stuff with MCG who were Brick rd cats (not sure if you remember the group Heavyweights, they had that Lil scrappy dis song and a few other tracks).

Well all those cats were a few yrs older than me so I didnt know them.

Most of the Black mobb cats were around my age so a few of em I've known since elementary and others I played football with at Columbia high since they went to different elementary schools. When I was at Columbia i dont think Black mobb was official yet but the "sub groups" like Mastamind Click were.

From what I understood Black Mobb was loosly on some GD ish which is makes me surprised how everyone is on some blood stuff now.

I think Da Fam was all them cats who went to towers, and Black mobb initially was all the cats who went to Columbia, then it started spreading around fast.

When i left Columbia thats when that black mobb stuff really took off because I was seeing cats at Clarkston with these fake spin off clicks jocking Black mobb and Da fam. And thats when stone crest was pretty much a war zone and they had to implement the cerfew.

Before Black mobb and all that gang stuff cats pretty much just repped their road and at most made a click for everyone on the road or neighborhood.

Hell Im surprised them Brick Rd cats was even getting into it with westside dudes lol growing the main people they had beef with were Scottdale cats and CKT (Clarkston killer thugs).

It was club related drama really. That was back when a few promo companies just threw teen parties at clubs, Atrium, Warehouse, Club Envy days. And if you went a lot you would see the same dudes from the same hoods, and if you got into it once it just kinda spiraled from there. That westside vs Brick Rd stuff was Adamsville in particular. Had a lot of ADV homies back then and I have no clue what started it but the ADV vs Brick Rd was a thing, my dude who had a car early in HS was from Bakers Ferry so a lot times when I would go to the Atrium or the Aquarium especially it was with him and whenever ADV and Brick Rd started up he jumped in and then I would jump in cuz he did. ADV got into with everybody tho, in my days they were by far most hated on the westside. I think they're like that because Allen Temple is kinda technically in ADV but its like its own thing, lot of them Temp Town dudes don't rock with ADV at all and then press them on top of it. So its kinda like we gonna pick a fight with everybody else except these front street nikkas in our own backyard. Im pretty sure thats where all this 9th Ward stuff came from with these young brehs, those Temp, Sierra Ridge Delmar Lane cats dont want to be associated with those brehs from Wildwood, 420 and Plainville.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It was club related drama really. That was back when a few promo companies just threw teen parties at clubs, Atrium, Warehouse, Club Envy days. And if you went a lot you would see the same dudes from the same hoods, and if you got into it once it just kinda spiraled from there. That westside vs Brick Rd stuff was Adamsville in particular. Had a lot of ADV homies back then and I have no clue what started it but the ADV vs Brick Rd was a thing, my dude who had a car early in HS was from Bakers Ferry so a lot times when I would go to the Atrium or the Aquarium especially it was with him and whenever ADV and Brick Rd started up he jumped in and then I would jump in cuz he did. ADV got into with everybody tho, in my days they were by far most hated on the westside. I think they're like that because Allen Temple is kinda technically in ADV but its like its own thing, lot of them Temp Town dudes don't rock with ADV at all and then press them on top of it. So its kinda like we gonna pick a fight with everybody else except these front street nikkas in our own backyard. Im pretty sure thats where all this 9th Ward stuff came from with these young brehs, those Temp, Sierra Ridge Delmar Lane cats dont want to be associated with those brehs from Wildwood, 420 and Plainville.

Lol figures.

Idk how stuff is now cause I''m waaaaaaay removed from all this stuff (i was never in the streets just observed what was arround me and knew cats from school/sports), but it seems when I left ATL to go to college in the late 2000s, all that gang stuff really got out of hand and then i move back to ATL in 2012 and everyone was a blood now.

I remember it was one of those summers (maybe 2012 or 13?) where it was a crazy ass crime wave on the Eastside about some blood ish where some kid got killed at a party, and then some girl that was a witness and her whole family (even the baby in the house) were murdered, and more foolishness.

When I was in HS it was mainly dudes fighting at clubs, school, and a few shoot outs but if you werent invovled with the stuff you were straight.

I remember one year when that Southside Mafia vs Hitsquad beef was huge i saw on the news that at Mundy mills high nobody went to school on some day that Southside mafia was supposed to shoot up the school or something :russ: