"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
What about the other two spots around that area?

I don't een be over there like that anymore breh. I know about Museum Bar but if it's anything like TDH then it's on some hood shyt. I was surprised we even went there but my cousin's fiancé knows the owner (an older black lady) so that's why we were there but I'd definitely never go back there.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
you should be good then. If im not mistaken, us and Raleigh NC are the tech hubs of the south. Plus they are constantly building up Tech Square in midtown where a lot of Georgia Tech offices and tech companies are headquartered.

Austin TX is the tech hub of the south. ATL is far from a hub in tech. ATL is an overall economic powerhouse for the region thus there are many companies in town but it isn't tech centric. ATL is a financal industry hub if anything.

Atlanta is poised to be one of the top tech cities in the US

Top 10 Tech Hubs and Geekiest Cities in the U.S.

This list had us at #7, we'all be a top 5 market for IT & Tech industries within 5-10 years

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Atlanta is poised to be one of the top tech cities in the US

Top 10 Tech Hubs and Geekiest Cities in the U.S.

This list had us at #7, we'all be a top 5 market for IT & Tech industries within 5-10 years

I'll believe it when I see it. ATL has a ton of companies and in return those companies have IT departments, but ATL doesnt have a ton of tech companies which is why top talent tends to leave the city hence the reason they are pushing things like Tech square.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I'll believe it when I see it. ATL has a ton of companies and in return those companies have IT departments, but ATL doesnt have a ton of tech companies which is why top talent tends to leave the city hence the reason they are pushing things like Tech square.

Then you're missing an emerging industry right in plain sight. This is from the AJC:

For 20 years, Silicon Valley has been the hot location for anyone interested working in a high-tech career, and while it remains the most powerful tech center in the country, a recent Forbes story has named Atlanta as one of five up and coming tech meccas.

Talented techies have drifted across the country and some of them are making their way to the Southeast. It helps that the metro area is actively courting technology minded individuals and businesses.

Atlanta’s tech community is relatively small and tight-knit, but tech jobs such as software developer, software programmer, and computer support roles, have grown faster than the national average by 46.7 percent since 2010 which is about 20 points above the national average.

The city has made it clear that it encourage this type of growth. In 2015, the city of Atlanta offered $15 million in tax incentives to the developer of Georgia Tech’s second phase of technology square which is expected to open next year

LINK: https://www.google.com/amp/www.ajc....as-the-nation/b6oXJCG4eKGDpe1msVfHZN/amp.html

Not to mention the B2B opportunities if you have any background in IT. shyt I got recruiters out here on my LinkedIn dropping 80K- 6 figures for people with either B2B software sales experience or IT background daily. The city is undergoing a renaissance with IT serving as the catalyst...don't lose sight of that just b/c you may not "see" IT in your face every day

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Then you're missing an emerging industry right in plain sight. This is from the AJC:

LINK: https://www.google.com/amp/www.ajc....as-the-nation/b6oXJCG4eKGDpe1msVfHZN/amp.html

Not to mention the B2B opportunities if you have any background in IT. shyt I got recruiters out here on my LinkedIn dropping 80K- 6 figures for people with either B2B software sales experience or IT background daily. The city is undergoing a renaissance with IT serving as the catalyst...don't lose sight of that just b/c you may not "see" IT in your face every day

I'm in the tech industry in ATL :mjlol:

ATL isnt top tier what so ever for Tech. It doesnt even have any engineering offices for any Big 4 tech companies, only sales (if there even is any corporate presence, that tells you everything.

Like I said, having a ton of tech companies and having alot of companies with IT departments are NOT the same.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

say folk
how long does it take to learn that? :patrice:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I'm in the tech industry in ATL :mjlol:

ATL isnt top tier what so ever for Tech. It doesnt even have any engineering offices for any Big 4 tech companies, only sales (if there even is any corporate presence, that tells you everything.

Like I said, having a ton of tech companies and having alot of companies with IT departments are NOT the same.

If you say so breh. This is an industry that hasn't even begun to do what people in Tech expect it to do. The recent partnerships with COA & GT have me optimistic that midtown will be a hub for not only Tech, but research, development and software development

say folk
how long does it take to learn that? :patrice:

PM me and I can put you in contact with a guy who will get you trained. There is a fee to take the courses, but the payoff is worth it. Learning code is next on my agenda for personal & career development. There are alotta jobs in Atlanta but the best jobs long term require either B2B sales experience or an IT background. You get one or the other and you're in good shape

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
If you say so breh. This is an industry that hasn't even begun to do what people in Tech expect it to do. The recent partnerships with COA & GT have me optimistic that midtown will be a hub for not only Tech, but research, development and software development

PM me and I can put you in contact with a guy who will get you trained. There is a fee to take the courses, but the payoff is worth it. Learning code is next on my agenda for personal & career development. There are alotta jobs in Atlanta but the best jobs long term require either B2B sales experience or an IT background. You get one or the other and you're in good shape

Like I said I'll believe ATL is a hub when I see it. GT talent leave. ATL which is why the city is taking iniative to retain talent

Alaafin

#TeamLawrence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Vine City
Goodbye black people:camby:
:russ:
Mofos aint wanna live in vine city or english ave anyways, but will will be crying once white folks increase their numbers there in the futhre (probably thennext decade). Area still has a looooong way togo but by the time toh actually see a neighborhood has changed its already too late.
:francis:
:mjcry:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

I have some python experience breh plug me in :feedme:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
That part of town is done. Mexicans are moving in deep in the moores mill parts of NW ATL since there are actual apartmenrs there, and the neighborhoods by the dome and beltline can provide ideal new intown single family housing for the professionals ATL want to bring in as it expands its footprint in tech,film, etc.

Not gonna happen overnight though

There are more Mexicans moving to the West now but some of them little pockets been there. That block the new Moores Mill Publix is on used to have a Mexican nightclub on it and those apts around there have had a decent # of Mexicans far back as I can remember, we talking late 90s. The nightclub used to be lit too. parking lot stayed packed and you could hear the Mexican music just riding by. I think Mexicans on MLK around HE Holmes area is fairly new tho, like last decade or so, but don't forget all those shytty apts that used to be around Lindbergh back in the day. All that was Mexican, I think a lot of these folks are people who just moved from NE to NW when stuff was getting torn down. They nothing new really, it's low key a shyt load of mixed Black/Mexican babies in NW right now from North Atlanta High grads alone. That shyt is like Black/Mexican swirl High