"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Real shyt I tried to set up a meeting with Able Mable to get a group of black people to invest in the property to keep it black. I saw T.I. twice in that matte green Challenger and tried to holler at him but the nikka dipped off on me, second time he almost got into a accident racing another Challenger on 75/85.

That part of town is done. Mexicans are moving in deep in the moores mill parts of NW ATL since there are actual apartmenrs there, and the neighborhoods by the dome and beltline can provide ideal new intown single family housing for the professionals ATL want to bring in as it expands its footprint in tech,film, etc.

Not gonna happen overnight though

Sleepy Walker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
That part of town is done. Mexicans are moving in deep in the moores mill parts of NW ATL since there are actual apartmenrs there, and the neighborhoods by the dome and beltline can provide ideal new intown single family housing for the professionals ATL want to bring in as it expands its footprint in tech,film, etc.

I live off Peyton and I'm seeing more Mexicans on MLK in between Peyton and 285.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I was complaining about being surrounded by cacs and asked what's the best city for blacks. I got a 2 yr degree in Construction Management, will get bachelors sometime down the line. What's the job market like in that field? How's cost of living? And what's the best parts to stay away from rachet women and wanna be goons?

I really dont know too much about the construction field, but there are cranes all over downtown and midtown, and things are getting build all over the city because people keep moving down here. I assume you can find something. Its the south, so cost of living is decent. They are putting up "luxury" apartments in the city to attract rich cacs, so if you want to stay downtown you'll have to fork over $1500+ for a 1 bedroom. $1800+ for a spot in Midtown or Buckhead. But suburbs here are mostly black and prices are reasonable. Prices start from 600 to 910 for a 1 bedroom. All depends on what part of the city and if it's a old or new complex.

Ratchets and wanna bes are everywhere bro. You got places like South Fulton and the Stephenson area of Stone Mountain with 100-200k houses, but the kids think they stay in Bankhead and the Bluff. They dont do shyt tho..its all a show.

Stay away from Old National, Riverdale, Glenwood (the part near Columbia)..the suburbs are worse than the city. As long as you not gang banging and dont go to any ratchet gas stations after 11 then you good anywhere tbh
:russ:
Mofos aint wanna live in vine city or english ave anyways, but will will be crying once white folks increase their numbers there in the futhre (probably thennext decade). Area still has a looooong way togo but by the time toh actually see a neighborhood has changed its already too late.
:francis:

I rode thru Peoplestown and Pittsburgh yesterday. Its still majority black along with Cleveland Ave. The Southside holding on strong. IDK for how long though.

The day when the areas around AUC turn white then Atlanta is officially done.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I really dont know too much about the construction field, but there are cranes all over downtown and midtown, and things are getting build all over the city because people keep moving down here. I assume you can find something. Its the south, so cost of living is decent. They are putting up "luxury" apartments in the city to attract rich cacs, so if you want to stay downtown you'll have to fork over $1500+ for a 1 bedroom. $1800+ for a spot in Midtown or Buckhead. But suburbs here are mostly black and prices are reasonable. Prices start from 600 to 910 for a 1 bedroom. All depends on what part of the city and if it's a old or new complex.

Ratchets and wanna bes are everywhere bro. You got places like South Fulton and the Stephenson area of Stone Mountain with 100-200k houses, but the kids think they stay in Bankhead and the Bluff. They dont do shyt tho..its all a show.

Stay away from Old National, Riverdale, Glenwood (the part near Columbia)..the suburbs are worse than the city. As long as you not gang banging and dont go to any ratchet gas stations after 11 then you good anywhere tbh

I rode thru Peoplestown and Pittsburgh yesterday. Its still majority black along with Cleveland Ave. The Southside holding on strong. IDK for how long though.

The day when the areas around AUC turn white then Atlanta is officially done.

I doubt they ever turn "white" at least notnin our life time, but they will get all the poor folks out the paint. Keep in mind not everyone in these areas are poor.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I doubt they ever turn "white" at least notnin our life time, but they will get all the poor folks out the paint. Keep in mind not everyone in these areas are poor.

They are fighting against it in Peoplestown. A few homes had signs in their yard calling for residents to join this committee that is trying to stop displacement in the area.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was complaining about being surrounded by cacs and asked what's the best city for blacks. I got a 2 yr degree in Construction Management, will get bachelors sometime down the line. What's the job market like in that field? How's cost of living? And what's the best parts to stay away from rachet women and wanna be goons?

The top 2 black owned real estate firms are with with many many more smaller firms. Also they hold like two events a year getting brehs into construction jobs. I'd look those events up and reach out to the people who run them

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
:russ:
Mofos aint wanna live in vine city or english ave anyways, but will will be crying once white folks increase their numbers there in the futhre (probably thennext decade). Area still has a looooong way togo but by the time toh actually see a neighborhood has changed its already too late.
:francis:
Vine City and the Bluff are pure gold mines too :whew: