"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Breh my cousin had his birthday party at TDH a month ago and it was one of the worst experiences I've had at a restaurant this yr. fukkin terrible service, waitress had an attitude, the food was not good breh and it was a bunch of us there including my wife and we all had the same experience. For ex my wife got a taco but they didn't include any lettuce, tomato or anything else taco's typically have. They just had meat and a shell :dahell: one of my cousins friend ordered a hamburger and the burger was burnt and took forever to come out at that, it kinda reminded me of a backyard cookout at ya home boy house where they get some cheap ass bread, cheap ass meat and invite people over and call it a BBQ :heh:

So yea I would NOT recommend TDH to anyone, I had a horrible time

I had a similar experience at 656 and the total opposite experience at TDH. The dry rubbed wings and the happy hour drinks are :banderas:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I might be moving down here in the future.

What's the job market like? :lupe:

How are the women down in ATL? :shaq:

Especially black women and hispanic women. :shaq:

I'm not interested in white women. In fact the reason I want to move is because the majority of women around me are white.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
What about the other two spots around that area?

656 is cool, some nights I think it's just a Mechanicsville/Pittsburgh hangout tho. I'd say week day nights are when it's like that. Museum Bar is cool but it depends on who throwing the party. I went one time and it was a cool ass grown and sexy vibe. Went another time and it was chock full of young nikkas doing stupid shyt.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I might be moving down here in the future.

What's the job market like? :lupe:

How are the women down in ATL? :shaq:

Especially black women and hispanic women. :shaq:

I'm not interested in white women. In fact the reason I want to move is because the majority of women around me are white.

What type of job are you looking to get?
there will be black women every where down here. dont let p*ssy be the main reason you move somewhere breh

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
IT. I'm working toward a career in networking.

you should be good then. If im not mistaken, us and Raleigh NC are the tech hubs of the south. Plus they are constantly building up Tech Square in midtown where a lot of Georgia Tech offices and tech companies are headquartered.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
you should be good then. If im not mistaken, us and Raleigh NC are the tech hubs of the south. Plus they are constantly building up Tech Square in midtown where a lot of Georgia Tech offices and tech companies are headquartered.

Austin TX is the tech hub of the south. ATL is far from a hub in tech. ATL is an overall economic powerhouse for the region thus there are many companies in town but it isn't tech centric. ATL is a financal industry hub if anything.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
How accurate is this map?

Atlanta Neighborhood Map

Looks like a cac did it. Accurate by their standards.

Brehs I keep getting different offers to teach and coach at different schools in APS and DeKalb..Two coaches from two majority white schools in DeKalb hit me up asking if I wanted to help them out this season but I cant bring myself to it..Im not comfortable around them and working under them tbh :yeshrug:

Thank god Atlanta is the type of city where so many schools and businesses are majority black so we can be around our own people

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Looks like a cac did it. Accurate by their standards.

Brehs I keep getting different offers to teach and coach at different schools in APS and DeKalb..Two coaches from two majority white schools in DeKalb hit me up asking if I wanted to help them out this season but I cant bring myself to it..Im not comfortable around them and working under them tbh :yeshrug:

Thank god Atlanta is the type of city where so many schools and businesses are majority black so we can be around our own people

You eventually want to be a head coach?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
If I stay at the high school level, yes.
But the dream job is a director of football operations or athletic director gig at a SWAC, MEAC or one of the GA SIAC schools.

Oh ok. I'd go with the most winningst program that offers you and then use that as a gateway into an SIAC school. You can probably turn a FT Valley or Albany state gig into a path to a sorry MEAC school like Savannah state