Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:gucci:

rain-nature-animated-gif-17.gif

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
Well I'm going to make the move later this week from St. Louis to Atlanta. Fam how do you like living in Atlanta

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Looking to buy another house soon. Right now I have an apartment in downtown Decatur.

I see y'all have been discussing real estate and neighborhoods. Where would y'all suggest I look? I found a brand new townhome development that won't be done till next year near me. I work down in Hampton so really doesn't matter where I stay I'll have a commute to work.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Looking to buy another house soon. Right now I have an apartment in downtown Decatur.

I see y'all have been discussing real estate and neighborhoods. Where would y'all suggest I look? I found a brand new townhome development that won't be done till next year near me. I work down in Hampton so really doesn't matter where I stay I'll have a commute to work.

Depends on what your budget is.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Charter schools are a cancer IMO

Its a double edge sword. God send for people who want their kids in "good schools" but sucks for kids who really need help as some charter schools act like they dont have time for them.

I also dont like how that one school the Ron clark academy pretty much just parades the children around like dancing primitive humans who cant comperehend anything unless you speak jive talk to them.

I work at a charter school down town..I specifically work with a kid who has emotional and behavior disorders. The school I work at doesn't turn around kids..if you win the lottery they have then your kid can come. We have about 200-300 kids there, & only like 8 of them are white. We have a few Hispanics and Middle Easterners. Its a very good school, & gentrification hasn't hit the area yet, but I fear it will in about 6 years. Most of the black kids stay in low income complexes or neighborhoods around the school. I asked the 1 white kid in my class where he stayed, & he said Atlantic Station. Its a few whites and other ethnic people who don't mind sending their kids to be in school with majority blacks as long as the school is good. I agree with you about Ron Clark too .fukk that place .

APS schools have actually improved. Grady and Langston hughes are the schools white people are sending all of their kids.

And from a CoL standpoint I dont think its an issue because these white people have cars. CoL is an issue for those who have to depend on public transportation. From ENglish ave/Vine city/ AUC/ etc you are less than 3 miles from everything there is to do in town. The issue is if you didnt have a car then it makes it harder to get to things which is the issue people in poverty face.

White people call it "urban pioneering" when they are the first to move to hoods. It cant be denied that there is a larger influx of whites in many neighborhoods that 10-15 yrs ago there were literally no whites. Thats not saying in 5 yrs da bluff will be white but like i said you cant deny whats going on with the demographic shifts.

Langston Hughes is a Futon County Public School breh not APS . I taught at Grady for a bit tho and you're right. Ive never saw a school so diverse like that if that's what you want to call it..you got the wild nikkas from Boulevard & Simpson going to school with the rich white kids of Midtown. They all got along though cause the white kids had all the drugs. But there was talk that they are trying to change the district lines to send the Boulevard & Simpson kids to Washington or another school.

Interesting convo about Cascade, good history for a guy like me who ain't from here. I be on Cascade weekly, almost. Right over in that Danforth Rd area....

...that seems to be creating somewhat of a ripple effect, cause now it's mad kids from Fulton and DeKalb tryinta get into schools like Grayson because of their sports programs. And all the construction led to rented houses, not sold ones...so pockets of Gwinnett are getting wild as hell.

fukk Gwinnett man. I coach high school ball and we don't recognize all the titles Buford, Grayson, Norcross and them other schools won because they come steal the athletes out of black neighborhoods in Futon, Clayton and DeKalb.

Cedar Grove giving them a taste of their own medicine in Ellenwood though. They recruiting some athletes too but at least they are going to a black school and playing. They won a state title last season hopefully they keep it up

Question for the brehs...

Between Gwinnett and Fulton, what would you say is the most "centralized" public park?

In other words....if two people lived in those two separate counties, where could they meet that would be considered "the halfway point" between those two counties and, particularly, at a public park?

Tryinta set up this outreach program, but need a central location between these two counties.

Message me breh. Im interested in learning about your plans.I love to mentor the youth in the city.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I work at a charter school down town..I specifically work with a kid who has emotional and behavior disorders. The school I work at doesn't turn around kids..if you win the lottery they have then your kid can come. We have about 200-300 kids there, & only like 8 of them are white. We have a few Hispanics and Middle Easterners. Its a very good school, & gentrification hasn't hit the area yet, but I fear it will in about 6 years. Most of the black kids stay in low income complexes or neighborhoods around the school. I asked the 1 white kid in my class where he stayed, & he said Atlantic Station. Its a few whites and other ethnic people who don't mind sending their kids to be in school with majority blacks as long as the school is good. I agree with you about Ron Clark too .fukk that place .

Langston Hughes is a Futon County Public School breh not APS . I taught at Grady for a bit tho and you're right. Ive never saw a school so diverse like that if that's what you want to call it..you got the wild nikkas from Boulevard & Simpson going to school with the rich white kids of Midtown. They all got along though cause the white kids had all the drugs. But there was talk that they are trying to change the district lines to send the Boulevard & Simpson kids to Washington or another school.

fukk Gwinnett man. I coach high school ball and we don't recognize all the titles Buford, Grayson, Norcross and them other schools won because they come steal the athletes out of black neighborhoods in Futon, Clayton and DeKalb.

Cedar Grove giving them a taste of their own medicine in Ellenwood though. They recruiting some athletes too but at least they are going to a black school and playing. They won a state title last season hopefully they keep it up

Message me breh. Im interested in learning about your plans.I love to mentor the youth in the city.

Yup when I was in hs And middle school Marist would steal SW dekalb players, and in general these whote shools would steal all their skill players from central and south dekalb county for football atleast.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Atlantic Station

That's whats up mane..lot of nikkas wish they had bread to stay in Atlantic Station. Its cool down there tho..it was better a few years back when Luda had his restaurant there but its still stuff to do. nikkas mainly go there to stunt and be seen, but if you live there you have everything you need in that block. Target, Publix (I always see the baddest hoes in that Atlantic Station Publix) movie theater, restaurants, bars..after you get bored with it you're right in the middle of Midtown so there will be plenty other places to check out.