"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Some of you delusional ninjas with ideas of grandeur about Atlanta sound stupid as fukk. I have lived in Atlanta at least half my life and there are several HALF truths and lies in this thread.

1). The poor in Atlanta have gotten poorer under the leadership of several black mayors.

2). There aren't a lot of opportunities here for black people (plural)....unless you're an educated black woman. Everyone else is working low paying minimum wage jobs. Black men here have some of the highest unemployment in the country and it's chronic unemployment....meaning either underemployed or unemployed for years at a time. They also are the face of poverty here and if you don't believe me venture downtown to Underground Atlanta. Homeless black men are all over the place.

3). Yes, Atlanta has become the capital of black entertainment. However, if you're coming here with hopes of being the next big rapper you're are in for a huge let down.

4). The male/female ratio is NOT 5:1...WTF? :childplease: It's more like 2:1 for black women/black men and even then it all evens out once the folks with felonies, out of wedlock kids, a high school education, no ambition, no job or career are weeded out...

http://www.maletofemaleratio.com/wiki/georgia-ga/atlanta.htm

5). For those of you hoping to buy one of those nice big houses on the outskirts of city in places like Lithonia go right ahead. These are the houses that have been abandoned by whites who are quickly reclaiming the city...and with it the city council, the police department, the sheriff's department and the mayor's office. They are reclaiming historic homes driven into the dirt by the ghetto masses. They are rebuilding these homes and selling them for a profit. Look at Auburn Ave. Once upon a time it used to be the rock bottom ghetto. Today homes over there are selling for 300k-500k. While your plush, large, suburban home in the sticks is all but worthless....thanks to the high foreclosure rate in Atlanta. You ninjas are stupid to see what's happening.

6). It's just a matter of time before the outskirts of Atlanta beginning to resemble the slums of other major cities. It's already a problem in Clayton County. The only thing that has stopped the cancer from spreading so far is the reality that Georgia (not the city of Atlanta) is a RED state. Whites are not going to let Atlanta burn again....hence they are slowly reclaiming the city.

1. The poor have gotten poorer EVERYWHERE
2. This is false. Unemployment are is similar to any other city. Black women do lovworking under Cacs down here, though.
3. Why is that? Atlanta has studios on every corner and getting on radio is easy
4.For an educated man, its easily 5:1
5. Who wants to live in Atlanta proper? Gentrification is happening in ALL cities globally.
6. ClayCo is the way it is because Atlanta Public Housing was absolved 10 years ago...this idea that suburbs are being ruined is dumb as hell
:snoop:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cant refute #facts

Please show me some facts to refute. Your assertion that Clayton County is "coming up" is bullshyt if I've ever heard it. This is the county with the most crime, most arrest, and a school system that is probably more jacked up than that in Atlanta.

This is also the county where Atlanta's black mayor's deposited the folks from the projects once the projects were torn down. They were given section 8 and one way ticket to the soutside. But in your head Clayton County is on the rise....:what:

And also, please show me any gentrified or gentrifying community that has ever stayed black.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
Why would you WANT to, though? White people who do that are usually the worst example of humankind - buncha uneducated rednecks. Black people strapped up conjures the gang banger imagery - with the addition of trigger-happy cops ready to cap you.

By the ignorance of your opinions I can tell you are a
troll-png.3563

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You didn't debunk shyt....you never do. In fact, I debunked your delusional 5:1 ratio that you pulled out your flabby ass.

Use global trends thats happening EVERYWHERE to shyt on a city cause no one wants your wildeebeast lookin ass :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. The poor have gotten poorer EVERYWHERE
2. This is false. Unemployment are is similar to any other city. Black women do lovworking under Cacs down here, though.
3. Why is that? Atlanta has studios on every corner and getting on radio is easy
4.For an educated man, its easily 5:1
5. Who wants to live in Atlanta proper? Gentrification is happening in ALL cities globally.
6. ClayCo is the way it is because Atlanta Public Housing was absolved 10 years ago...this idea that suburbs are being ruined is dumb as hell
:snoop:

1). No one in this thread was making the claim that everywhere is a black utopia. They were making the claims about ATLANTA....which is false.

2). Atlanta has more educated black women than any place in the south. If there is an upwardly mobile group here it is educated black women. We sure as hell aren't going to let some idiotic notion of race stand in the way of career advancement. We are amongst the least likely to be unemployed here. Notice you didn't actually refuted anything I said about black male chronic employment and poverty here. :patrice:

3). For every moron that moves here with the intent of becoming a rapper there are 5 going back home with their dreams crushed. Your can't be stupid enough to think any and everyone is going to make it.

4). :pachaha:I guess you're oblivious to the reality that there aren't a shytload of educated black men here or anywhere else for that matter. The pool is so small that it makes your ratio laughable. Do you honestly think black women (educated or not) are focused on this one small pool of men??? Matter of fact aren't you ninjas always complaining because we aren't focused on you??? No, sisters are going to go fish in the greater pool that includes all types of men of various educational backgrounds.

5). Me and my husband. We're smart enough to realize where the money is in real estate.

6). Go look at the crime in the "suburbs" of Clayton co and compare it to that of Buckhead and Sandy Springs.

Case close.

Adios I gotta take my educated ass to work!

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
1). No one in this thread was making the claim that everywhere is a black utopia. They were making the claims about ATLANTA....which is false.

2). Atlanta has more educated black women than any place in the south. If there is a upwardly mobile group here it is educated black women. We sure as hell aren't going to let some idiotic notion of race stand in the way of career advancement. We are amongst the least likely to be unemployed here. Notice you didn't actually refuted anything I said about black male chronic employment and poverty here. :patrice:

3). For every moron that move here with the intent of becoming a rapper there are 5 going back home with their dreams crushed. Your can't be stupid enough to think any and everyone is going to make it.

4). :pachaha:I guess you're oblivious to the reality that there aren't a shytload of educated black men here or anywhere else for that matter. The pool is so small that it makes your ratio laughable. Do you honestly think black women (educated or not) are focused on this one small pool of men??? Matter of fact aren't you ninjas also complaining because we aren't focused on you??? No, sisters are going to go fish in the greater pool that includes all types of men of various educational backgrounds.

5). Me and my husband. We're smart enough to realize where the money lies in real estate.

6). Go look at the crime in the "suburbs" of Clayton co and compare it to that of Buckhead and Sandy Springs.

Case close.

1. It isn't false. Cost of living and Black population is the draw for Atlanta, not "living in ITP Atlanta"

2. All these educated black women and NONE of you own businesses, just work under Cacs :pachaha: black male chronic employment and poverty is an issue EVERYWHERE.

3. Its still a higher success rate than anywhere else. And many times, those who fail end up working as producers, sound engineers, etc

4. No one wants you except Black men :dead:

5. I hope you enjoy that housing bubble collapse

6. ClayCo is the only area you can reference :dead:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Please show me some facts to refute. Your assertion that Clayton County is "coming up" is bullshyt if I've ever heard it. This is the county with the most crime, most arrest, and a school system that is probably more jacked up than that in Atlanta.

This is also the county where Atlanta's black mayor's deposited the folks from the projects once the projects were torn down. They were given section 8 and one way ticket to the soutside. But in your head Clayton County is on the rise....:what:

And also, please show me any gentrified or gentrifying community that has ever stayed black.

For one before the vouchers Clayton county was country bumpkins, no neighborhoods, no developments and no commercial places. Now they have all of this, they also have nice housing for people with blue collar jobs to buy homes in relative relation to atlanta, that aren't shot gun houses. Secondly the crime in relation to the crime that happened before in the projects has decreased by 50% if thats not an improvement idk what it is.

I can tell that you just aren't part of the upper mobile blacks circle. Auburn ave is all black, go there and look at the people in houses all blacks. Hj russel and all the black businesses are still there and that is ground zero for the black entrepreneur in atlanta. Literally where ALL of them are.

2). Atlanta has more educated black women than any place in the south. If there is a upwardly mobile group here it is educated black women. We sure as hell aren't going to let some idiotic notion of race stand in the way of career advancement. We are amongst the least likely to be unemployed here. Notice you didn't actually refuted anything I said about black male chronic employment and poverty here. :patrice:

3). For every moron that move here with the intent of becoming a rapper there are 5 going back home with their dreams crushed. Your can't be stupid enough to think any and everyone is going to make it.

4). :pachaha:I guess you're oblivious to the reality that there aren't a shytload of educated black men here or anywhere else for that matter. The pool is so small that it makes your ratio laughable. Do you honestly think black women (educated or not) are focused on this one small pool of men??? Matter of fact aren't you ninjas also complaining because we aren't focused on you??? No, sisters are going to go fish in the greater pool that includes all types of men of various educational backgrounds.

5). Me and my husband. We're smart enough to realize where the money lies in real estate.

Case close.

The difference between black men here and black women are that men are more likely to start their own businesses. Black men own more business in revenues over 500k in atlanta at 4-1 but women have more degrees at 2.5-1. Women just are more comfortable working for the man.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Atlanta is like my second home. I started my business down there. I told a girl I met here in Chicago not to move to Atlanta without a car but she wouldnt listen and moved out by Cumberland. Her dumb ass works up Cobb Pkwy somewhere damn near in Kennesaw at one job and Mr. Cue's II by Chamblee/Tucker Rd at the other. Shorty got all types of problems getting to work. Calling me stressed out and shyt lol.

She gotta be struggling! I been to Mr. Cues before too lol

I love Atlanta though, born and raised here, I'm just starting to get real money so I've been able to enjoy the city. I'll eventually move somewhere else, but I think I wanna come back and start a family here or somewhere in the South

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
lol me and my girl going to Savannah this weekend to avoid all that crap, I live in the heart of the city so I`d be victim to all that traffic.
You sound extra lame.

Labor Day weekend is one of best weekends to be in the A

Alabama football :blessed:
Luda day weekend stuff happening all weekend

YMCMB vs DTP celeb basketball game Sunday

Drake and lil Wayne concert Sunday night

Davin Black

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Coolsville
By the ignorance of your opinions I can tell you are a
troll-png.3563
Bruh....

...HOW'D YOU KNOW I WEAR GLASSES??
:ohhh:

(But srsly: calling me ignorant, while touting the ability to ride with an assault weapon in the passenger seat as a plus, is the height of irony.)

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
ATL is overrated... I lived there for a summer. Weather was terrible, muggy and never comfortable. It's cool to see mass amounts of black folks at every walk of life though. If you want to live that fake love and hip hop style life of strip clubs and what not, it's cool... But I found that most of the shyt I liked doing (art museums, wineries, hiking trails, Foodie culture, kite surfing, paddle boarding) just wasn't compatible to ATL lifestyle... Which is why I am in Cali....

:mjlol:

next month will be 2 years for me

I didn't know you were in the city

You need to speak to me with more respect