"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Some of you delusional ninjas with ideas of grandeur about Atlanta sound stupid as fukk. I have lived in Atlanta at least half my life and there are several HALF truths and lies in this thread.

1). The poor in Atlanta have gotten poorer under the leadership of several black mayors.

2). There aren't a lot of opportunities here for black people (plural)....unless you're an educated black woman. Everyone else is working low paying minimum wage jobs. Black men here have some of the highest unemployment in the country and it's chronic unemployment....meaning either underemployed or unemployed for years at a time. They also are the face of poverty here and if you don't believe me venture downtown to Underground Atlanta. Homeless black men are all over the place.

3). Yes, Atlanta has become the capital of black entertainment. However, if you're coming here with hopes of being the next big rapper you're are in for a huge let down.

4). The male/female ratio is NOT 5:1...WTF? :childplease: It's more like 2:1 for black women/black men and even then it all evens out once the folks with felonies, out of wedlock kids, a high school education, no ambition, no job or career are weeded out...

http://www.maletofemaleratio.com/wiki/georgia-ga/atlanta.htm

5). For those of you hoping to buy one of those nice big houses on the outskirts of city in places like Lithonia go right ahead. These are the houses that have been abandoned by whites who are quickly reclaiming the city...and with it the city council, the police department, the sheriff's department and the mayor's office. They are reclaiming historic homes driven into the dirt by the ghetto masses. They are rebuilding these homes and selling them for a profit. Look at Auburn Ave. Once upon a time it used to be the rock bottom ghetto. Today homes over there are selling for 300k-500k. While your plush, large, suburban home in the sticks is all but worthless....thanks to the high foreclosure rate in Atlanta. You ninjas are stupid to see what's happening.

6). It's just a matter of time before the outskirts of Atlanta beginning to resemble the slums of other major cities. It's already a problem in Clayton County. The only thing that has stopped the cancer from spreading so far is the reality that Georgia (not the city of Atlanta) is a RED state. Whites are not going to let Atlanta burn again....hence they are slowly reclaiming the city.

While ere'thing you just typed here may be true....

I'm not sure where you lived BEFORE Atlanta, if anywhere (you said you've been here "at least half your life"), but I've lived in other major U.S. cities where ALL those issues are far more pronounced/worse than Atlanta, thereby making my Atlanta experience far BETTER than what it was in those other cities....and CLEARLY you've never lived in/near Philly.

Especially about the houses (AND the property taxes)....you need to go try to buy a house in the Northeast - one that looks like the same houses I see in Loganville and Snellville, and like the one in the pic that dude posted earlier - and then come back and holla.

Like I said....comparatively speaking, it's not even close.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is funny watching people who come from lame cities come in this thread crying for attention :mjpls:
I don't know if you're talking about me but I lived in Atlanta for 10 years. I just want to know why y'all think it's such a great place to visit.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You sound extra lame.

Labor Day weekend is one of best weekends to be in the A

Alabama football :blessed:
Luda day weekend stuff happening all weekend

YMCMB vs DTP celeb basketball game Sunday

Drake and lil Wayne concert Sunday night

lol I`m a grown ass man, take that "your lame" mentality to the AUC or some ish.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
How do you overstate Atlanta being gay?

It's the city with the highest gay population in the country.
It's numbers, fukkface.

That's not even on some anti-gay shyt.
I have no problem with gay rights. But yall can't act like the motherfukker was lying.

:rudy:

edit, i'm late in this thread

Last edited:

Smoke

Resident Chubby Chaser
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
804/434
Nicca must be in Midtown... Or he hasn't ventured downtown or in the real parts of Metro ATL.

But errrr.... I fux with the A heavy.... I have nostalgia of pre-2000s ATL, but hey, shyt changes.

Spent 4 years there, mostly the West End and downtown. And not saying it was disgusting, but claiming cleanliness as one of its perks :whoa:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Mannn spit the proper truth. Too many nikkas derailing this thread.

The fukk I care what the homosexual population is? Them nikkas everywhere.

What is the cost of living like?
What about the commute? Is it really hectic like people say or nah?

I take it you need to own a car to live there.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
The gay population is mainly in the nice diverse areas such as Buckhead/Midtown/ City of Decatur/ Dunwoody etc.
You only notice them if your actively paying attention and looking for them. Their mixed into the general population.