"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
Any reason why the authorities haven't improved the transportation infrastructure? It seems :flabbynsick: by the sound of it.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Any reason why the authorities haven't improved the transportation infrastructure? It seems :flabbynsick: by the sound of it.
The counties outside of Fulton and Dekalb(only counties in which Marta operates and which are largely Black) didn't want "the dangerous element" to come in. lol

The other whites counties refuse the proposals several times already. The are outer counties are becoming a lot more diverse so that might change in the future.

Clayton County is trying to join Marta but they think half-penny tax for bus service may hurt the residents in the area.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
Lol @ some nikka bragging about lithonia like its alpharetta. :mjlol: I can cosign the homes but i wouldn't live in an area with only one race of people. Diversity is key for me. Gwinnett was the most diverse area i ever lived in.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
Atlanta is like my second home. I started my business down there. I told a girl I met here in Chicago not to move to Atlanta without a car but she wouldnt listen and moved out by Cumberland. Her dumb ass works up Cobb Pkwy somewhere damn near in Kennesaw at one job and Mr. Cue's II by Chamblee/Tucker Rd at the other. Shorty got all types of problems getting to work. Calling me stressed out and shyt lol.

mj-laughing.gif
why you laugh tho? Shawty obviously needs your help
:mjlol:
Some of you delusional ninjas with ideas of grandeur about Atlanta sound stupid as fukk. I have lived in Atlanta at least half my life and there are several HALF truths and lies in this thread.

1). The poor in Atlanta have gotten poorer under the leadership of several black mayors.

2). There aren't a lot of opportunities here for black people (plural)....unless you're an educated black woman. Everyone else is working low paying minimum wage jobs. Black men here have some of the highest unemployment in the country and it's chronic unemployment....meaning either underemployed or unemployed for years at a time. They also are the face of poverty here and if you don't believe me venture downtown to Underground Atlanta. Homeless black men are all over the place.

3). Yes, Atlanta has become the capital of black entertainment. However, if you're coming here with hopes of being the next big rapper you're are in for a huge let down.

4). The male/female ratio is NOT 5:1...WTF? :childplease: It's more like 2:1 for black women/black men and even then it all evens out once the folks with felonies, out of wedlock kids, a high school education, no ambition, no job or career are weeded out...

http://www.maletofemaleratio.com/wiki/georgia-ga/atlanta.htm

5). For those of you hoping to buy one of those nice big houses on the outskirts of city in places like Lithonia go right ahead. These are the houses that have been abandoned by whites who are quickly reclaiming the city...and with it the city council, the police department, the sheriff's department and the mayor's office. They are reclaiming historic homes driven into the dirt by the ghetto masses. They are rebuilding these homes and selling them for a profit. Look at Auburn Ave. Once upon a time it used to be the rock bottom ghetto. Today homes over there are selling for 300k-500k. While your plush, large, suburban home in the sticks is all but worthless....thanks to the high foreclosure rate in Atlanta. You ninjas are stupid to see what's happening.

6). It's just a matter of time before the outskirts of Atlanta beginning to resemble the slums of other major cities. It's already a problem in Clayton County. The only thing that has stopped the cancer from spreading so far is the reality that Georgia (not the city of Atlanta) is a RED state. Whites are not going to let Atlanta burn again....hence they are slowly reclaiming the city.
...your right about the reclaiming but i really wonder how much home prices will rise in those majority black areas. They have some really nice homes in the college park/south fulton side but those areas were hit hard by the recession. Ellenwood has some nice homes too but ever since i got my gps stolen out my truck in less than 5 minutes, you will never see my ass anywhere near that side of town. Kennesaw/Smyrna/Marietta/North woodstock/North Norcross/ have some of the nicest homes i seen. Freaking cooper lake rd in marietta compares very close to paces ferry in buckhead as far as size goes. Prices im sure are on a completely different level:sas1:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Lol @ some nikka bragging about lithonia like its alpharetta. :mjlol: I can cosign the homes but i wouldn't live in an area with only one race of people. Diversity is key for me. Gwinnett was the most diverse area i ever lived in.
I don't understand why folks big up Lithonia lol I cringe when folks call it affluent. If it's so Affluent why does the downtown look like a broke country ghost town. No real businesses are investing the area and has scattered abandon housing/stores. Take away Stonecrest mall area (which can't even live up to Gwinnett place mall) and Lithonia turns into moderate level ghetto area real quick. Lithonia is solid blue collar to middle class area mixed in with section 8/lowincome. The area has maybe 2-3 real affluent subdivisions with 20-30 houses max.

Stone Mountain/Lithonia were declared official slums because the cities needed loans. Most of the area isn't even Lithonia -Stone Mountain-Decatur- Ellenwood it's unincorporated Dekalb county.

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Some of you delusional ninjas with ideas of grandeur about Atlanta sound stupid as fukk. I have lived in Atlanta at least half my life and there are several HALF truths and lies in this thread.

1). The poor in Atlanta have gotten poorer under the leadership of several black mayors.

2). There aren't a lot of opportunities here for black people (plural)....unless you're an educated black woman. Everyone else is working low paying minimum wage jobs. Black men here have some of the highest unemployment in the country and it's chronic unemployment....meaning either underemployed or unemployed for years at a time. They also are the face of poverty here and if you don't believe me venture downtown to Underground Atlanta. Homeless black men are all over the place.

3). Yes, Atlanta has become the capital of black entertainment. However, if you're coming here with hopes of being the next big rapper you're are in for a huge let down.

4). The male/female ratio is NOT 5:1...WTF? :childplease: It's more like 2:1 for black women/black men and even then it all evens out once the folks with felonies, out of wedlock kids, a high school education, no ambition, no job or career are weeded out...

http://www.maletofemaleratio.com/wiki/georgia-ga/atlanta.htm

5). For those of you hoping to buy one of those nice big houses on the outskirts of city in places like Lithonia go right ahead. These are the houses that have been abandoned by whites who are quickly reclaiming the city...and with it the city council, the police department, the sheriff's department and the mayor's office. They are reclaiming historic homes driven into the dirt by the ghetto masses. They are rebuilding these homes and selling them for a profit. Look at Auburn Ave. Once upon a time it used to be the rock bottom ghetto. Today homes over there are selling for 300k-500k. While your plush, large, suburban home in the sticks is all but worthless....thanks to the high foreclosure rate in Atlanta. You ninjas are stupid to see what's happening.

6). It's just a matter of time before the outskirts of Atlanta beginning to resemble the slums of other major cities. It's already a problem in Clayton County. The only thing that has stopped the cancer from spreading so far is the reality that Georgia (not the city of Atlanta) is a RED state. Whites are not going to let Atlanta burn again....hence they are slowly reclaiming the city.

fukk this c00n breh, Atlantas the goat city :banderas:

Since I been here my net worth shot way up, own 2 properties, gotta business that's going good and met a down ass southern girl ima marry.

If you a nikka that's bout your paper you can eat in atlanta easy :blessed:

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I've been handlin business gettin money takin care of home.

To dive head first into the Atlanta scene is a beautiful thing.