"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Yea random lots are :sadcam:, bad or words can be misconstrued.

I been in cascade I just went to Russell stokes luncheon in cascade for becoming the new CEO of ge power, first black CEO of a GE branch.

I've listened to the people who owned these houses talk. Yea cascade has been old money but one neighborhood doesn't equal multiple neighborhoods which it is now.

I'm just going off of what people who haves there for a bit have told me :yeshrug:

I got you playa, and again perception is everything. I'm not from Cascade, but coming up that's how I always looked at it. And the Therrell comments in here jogged my memory a little, I didn't think about Landrum Dr. That is one part of that end of Cascade that is fukked up. So I get what you saying. But Cascade overall is still viewed at as old money. The nice areas for sure out weight the bad.

Man...that Walden Park community over there is my dream spot. Once I get my teaching certification and start making enough money im buying a home over there

Teacher's assistant..working on my cert. We the dudes who have to watch after the knuckleheads. The MLK thing is a big reason why i'm considering applying there. I know it's in the hood, but I always assumed with all the history there that BTW kids take school serious. I'm at a elementary school for the moment, because i'd rather work with little kids than teens..you can still change the lives of elementary kids and get their minds right, but high schoolers most of the time are stuck in their ways. But i'll have more benefits working at BTW..Gotta think about it.

I say do it breh. At the very least you'll make a shyt load of connections. Lot of them teachers at BTW in with The Who To Know crowd in that field. If it ain't something you can get with you can always go back to little ones.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Breh I finished at Clarkston and THerrell and Cross Keys were always gaurenteed wins. We were trash but them teams always made us look like all americans.

I bet Therrell whole schedule was playing other schools for they homecoming because it was a gaurenteed W :russ::mjlol:

I coached last season at a school in Clay Co, and we beat Clarkston and Therrell. Those were the only 2 games we won in the past 3 years. Clarkston and Therrell are beyond trash in football and basketball. Clarkston should have a pretty good soccer and cross country team with all the refugee kids there

That's cuz damn near every able bodied breh who could've been playing was in Landrum Arms or on Campbellton somewhere running the streets. Therrell was beyond ratchet, and they was sorry AF in sports. Only thing they had going for them was them dope ass Black and Red colors. They was fresh AF on the court in the bred colorway Jordan's but that scoreboard was a disaster for them boys :mjlol:

My mom told me Therrell was known as "Thug High". The dudes there been on that fukk shyt for a while

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I coached last season at a school in Clay Co, and we beat Clarkston and Therrell. Those were the only 2 games we won in the past 3 years. Clarkston and Therrell are beyond trash in football and basketball. Clarkston should have a pretty good soccer and cross country team with all the refugee kids there

My mom told me Therrell was known as "Thug High". The dudes there been on that fukk shyt for a while

Yeah Clarkston went to the state championship these yr. clarkston vs cross keys is like the Atlanta world cup lol

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

Some brehs who went to Doug used call it Thug High too, but Therrell was always worse. Harper Archer and the old Carver was still open my first year or so of HS and those schools might've even been worse than Therrell. Harper-Archer was project High. Damn near everybody was from Perry Homes or Hollywood Courts

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Some brehs who went to Doug used call it Thug High too, but Therrell was always worse. Harper Archer and the old Carver was still open my first year or so of HS and those schools might've even been worse than Therrell. Harper-Archer was project High. Damn near everybody was from Perry Homes or Hollywood Courts

lol my Cousin went to Harper Archer, but I was an infant at that time so I don't remember anything about the area.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Mary Norwood isn't worthy of being a mayor of a city like Atlanta, not now. She could've been a mayor of Atlanta when the city was smaller and less dynamic, but not now. It's too many moving parts, too much money to be made and too big for a candidate like Norwood to succeed.

This. Also maybe Im not in the right circles but I dont hear much anout Kwanza or Ceaser meanwhile i see articles on Aman weekly.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
This. Also maybe Im not in the right circles but I dont hear much anout Kwanza or Ceaser meanwhile i see articles on Aman weekly.

I had to do my Googles and this was the most significant

Andrew Young to endorse Ceasar Mitchell in Atlanta mayor race | Political Insider blog

Ambassador Young's endorsements reflects the old black money/Cascade connections (he even got a big ass Ceasar for Mayor sign on Cascade when you get off 285) wave that I believe Ceasar will ride to being the next Mayor. Aman & Norwood are gonna split white votes in Buckhead & East Atlanta. If Ceasar plays it right (and his team is legit) he'll carry most everything else

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I had to do my Googles and this was the most significant

Andrew Young to endorse Ceasar Mitchell in Atlanta mayor race | Political Insider blog

Ambassador Young's endorsements reflects the old black money/Cascade connections (he even got a big ass Ceasar for Mayor sign on Cascade when you get off 285) wave that I believe Ceasar will ride to being the next Mayor. Aman & Norwood are gonna split white votes in Buckhead & East Atlanta. If Ceasar plays it right (and his team is legit) he'll carry most everything else

Didnt part of that area split off into city of South fulton or am I mistaken?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Mary Norwood isn't worthy of being a mayor of a city like Atlanta, not now. She could've been a mayor of Atlanta when the city was smaller and less dynamic, but not now. It's too many moving parts, too much money to be made and too big for a candidate like Norwood to succeed.
Sounds like someone currently in office in DC............................