Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Let that shyt be at Memorial, guaranteed fights or shootout :mjlol:

:banderas::banderas::banderas:

Fye ass game
Fye ass half time show
Shootout at the end of the game
:banderas:

I only went to a few of the other schools games since I played ball.

I still remember playing at lakewood and Tri cities had a game after us, they whole dance line was redbones with green eyes

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Always fukkery when a marquee Dekalb school (SWD, Stephenson, Redan, Columbia, Cedar Grove) played a APS or Fulton Coutny school. Didnt eem matter if the teams were good
Clarkson vs Crim on field fight during a game at Lakewood when I was in like 8th grade. Coach from Crim slapped the fire out of his own player with a hip pad :picard:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Exactly. And I won't fault breh for not knowing that. Thats a small nuance that you would only know if you grew up on that side or are familiar with it. Cascade has always been that elite, up on a lofty perch type of deal, but at the same time most of them was down to earth. Whenever I had family that came down, my pops would always drive thru and show them that area. Like it was a tourist attraction, and honestly to Black people it should be. When I think of Cascade I think 100 Black Men, old guard, well connected, plays golf on the wknds and got season tix to Falcons type dudes. And I think he from Campbellton, but the breh @AVXL reminds me of dudes from Cascade. When I met him that was first thing that crossed my mind. Cascade got they own little culture. Like I can tell the difference between the old money Cascade types and them brehs with money from out east areas like Waters Edge or whatever else is considered elite out there. It's like Cascade brehs got money, but they street savvy too tho.

Yea I'm a Cascade breh, specifically Adams Park, Delowe Dr. Grandparents on my Dad side on Cascade right by the Kroger at 285, Grandparents on my Mom side right off Beecher so it's Cascade for life no matter where in the A I'm at

Man...that Walden Park community over there is my dream spot. Once I get my teaching certification and start making enough money im buying a home over there

You a teacher? BTW actually had some decent teachers. Dr. Kilgore did not play that shyt at all. Lot of knuckleheads went there, but they was good for putting you in night school if they saw that you wasn't gonna do right. I went to North Atlanta too and I saw more fights there than I did at BTW actually. That whole "MLK went here so you should have pride" thing was big at Washington. And they would just funnel a lot of the stuff to the street. The teachers was basically like "you wanna fight? Go take that shyt to the corner". I think people just see the kids acting up on MLK & Lowery in the afternoon and think that's what it's like inside the school, but that's not the case. Now granted I'm 32, and HS was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure it's still the same.

Teacher's assistant..working on my cert. We the dudes who have to watch after the knuckleheads. The MLK thing is a big reason why i'm considering applying there. I know it's in the hood, but I always assumed with all the history there that BTW kids take school serious. I'm at a elementary school for the moment, because i'd rather work with little kids than teens..you can still change the lives of elementary kids and get their minds right, but high schoolers most of the time are stuck in their ways. But i'll have more benefits working at BTW..Gotta think about it.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Clarkson vs Crim on field fight during a game at Lakewood when I was in like 8th grade. Coach from Crim slapped the fire out of his own player with a hip pad :picard:

Breh I remember we played Therrell and drug they ass and during the 3rd quarter them boys came to the line on some "yall winning this game but i bet we beat yall ass :francis:"
:mjlol:
Therrell gotta be the WOAT aps school.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Them Doug VS stephenson or SWD was the ATL superbowl

eastside vs westside
:russ::mjlol::banderas:

I'd never trade growing up on the eastside

Always fukkery when a marquee Dekalb school (SWD, Stephenson, Redan, Columbia, Cedar Grove) played a APS or Fulton Coutny school. Didnt eem matter if the teams were good

SWD vs Stephenson
Redan vs Stephenson
Doug vs Mays
BTW vs Doug
North Clayton vs Riverdale

Guaranteed fukkery

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Them Doug VS stephenson or SWD was the ATL superbowl

eastside vs westside
:russ::mjlol::banderas:

I'd never trade growing up on the eastside

Our eastside knuckle up game was vs McNair. That shyt was a guaranteed brawl in the parking lot, and I was in HS during the Baby D Eastside vs Westside era so you already know it was fuccery on all levels. Them inner side rivalries was turned up too. Washington vs Doug was big but honestly Mays vs Doug was even bigger. That shyt started getting pretty heated in later years, I remember being at one of them Mays/Doug game after parties at the old Red Lobster on Campbellton and some Mays brehs rode by and shot the whole building up. I witnessed some eastside fuccery too. I had a homie from Boring Rd and he took me to a SWD vs Stephenson (I think) basketball game at SWD and that shyt legit was a riot in the parking lot. Brehs was getting thrown into car windshields, chicks was screaming and 12 came thru with the tear gas and everything. shyt was wild :mjlol:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nah. It was never bad over there. Them crackers did use to pull stunts like actually put cement barriers on them side streets like Peyton Rd and some of the streets over in West Manor back in the 60s to keep brehs out, but Cascade was never ratchet. It's always been Black Excellence. One of my main aces growing up step mom was from one of the first Black families in that area, and she was the niece of a well known civil rights icon and she gave me the spill of the area. Like she was str8 SW, went to Young middle school back when it was SW High and even remembered some of the old white families that used to live in that area. Cascade people may fool you tho, like even tho it's a nice area I know just as many of them Mays High brehs who ended up in prison as I do brehs who ended up being successful. And I mean Cascade Cascade. Cacade brehs been on the street shyt, some of the wildest dudes I know from Olyeveran Circle

Yea random lots are :sadcam:, bad or words can be misconstrued.

I been in cascade I just went to Russell stokes luncheon in cascade for becoming the new CEO of ge power, first black CEO of a GE branch.

I've listened to the people who owned these houses talk. Yea cascade has been old money but one neighborhood doesn't equal multiple neighborhoods which it is now.

I'm just going off of what people who haves there for a bit have told me :yeshrug:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:russ: You gotta cut me some slack my boy. I ain't as familiar with stuff out east. I always just thought Waters Edge was that elite bastion out that way. I know when my uncle moved out there from the Chi he thought he was pie in the sky big pimpin. That nikka made sure he had the family reunion at his house that year. :mjlol:

But what you said makes sense tho cuz my cousins who grew up there on some thotty shyt. Getting knocked up by randoms and clubbing and all that. Your basic eastside hood chick shyt pretty much.

Nah, you not wrong. It's just I havent associated it with the creme de la creme in recent years, it's just a neighborhood with a big ass lake to me. When we moved to Lithonia in 01, that's when I was aware of big money houses on a large scale. When I saw Sandstone Estates and all the neighborhoods over there.

First time I saw a house that had me in awe, was like 96-97 when my family from Detroit bought a crib in Fayetteville out by Holyfield. Them two cribs along with the time my pops showed us Dean Gardens in Johns Creek had a young nikka floored. First time i saw what tech money could buy :ohhh:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Our eastside knuckle up game was vs McNair. That shyt was a guaranteed brawl in the parking lot, and I was in HS during the Baby D Eastside vs Westside era so you already know it was fuccery on all levels. Them inner side rivalries was turned up too. Washington vs Doug was big but honestly Mays vs Doug was even bigger. That shyt started getting pretty heated in later years, I remember being at one of them Mays/Doug game after parties at the old Red Lobster on Campbellton and some Mays brehs rode by and shot the whole building up. I witnessed some eastside fuccery too. I had a homie from Boring Rd and he took me to a SWD vs Stephenson (I think) basketball game at SWD and that shyt legit was a riot in the parking lot. Brehs was getting thrown into car windshields, chicks was screaming and 12 came thru with the tear gas and everything. shyt was wild :mjlol:

Yeah when I was at Columbia the McNair and Towers games were gaurenteed fukkery.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Breh I remember we played Therrell and drug they ass and during the 3rd quarter them boys came to the line on some "yall winning this game but i bet we beat yall ass :francis:"
:mjlol:
Therrell gotta be the WOAT aps school.

I think I was the water boy that game. With like 5 mins left the assistant coaches told us to start packing everything. They knew shyt was about to get real

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Breh I finished at Clarkston and THerrell and Cross Keys were always gaurenteed wins. We were trash but them teams always made us look like all americans.

I bet Therrell whole schedule was playing other schools for they homecoming because it was a gaurenteed W :russ::mjlol:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Good luck getting anyone to come those games at Lakewood. Parents and students like :hubie:

I remember we played Southside at Lakewood and everyone was like "Ima wear Js in the Game" because it was turf. Whole team was out there slipping and slidding wearing damn baskeball sneaks :russ::mjlol:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Breh Therrell was the WOAT. How you a black school with only 18 dudes on the team :russ::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

That's cuz damn near every able bodied breh who could've been playing was in Landrum Arms or on Campbellton somewhere running the streets. Therrell was beyond ratchet, and they was sorry AF in sports. Only thing they had going for them was them dope ass Black and Red colors. They was fresh AF on the court in the bred colorway Jordan's but that scoreboard was a disaster for them boys :mjlol: