"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I second that. Auburn Glen ain't that bad but it can have its moments. Lot of Bedford Pines Boulevard brehs stay in there. That's kinda like the complex you move to if you making a little bit of money in the 4. Same way that westside brehs who making some money move to them apartments on Camp Creek

You went to BTW?
Someone just told me to apply over there and they can get me on :jbhmm:

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
All due respect Patna but when was Cascade ever like that? That shyt has been Black excellence forever breh, and before then it was white people, and before then it was the sticks. Literally. Granted there are 2 different Cascades, you got Cascade and "Cacade". "Cacade" would be like the low end, east of John A. White. Streets like Beecher, Olympian Circle, Montreat and Richland. And that small part of Cascade has gotten worse. Mortgage fraud fukked that area up, and I actually know some of the brehs who was doing that shyt too. But that's a small part of Cascade. Even still when somebody say they from Cascade I think of Danforth Rd, Peyton Forest, Willis Mill, and Cascade Heights before I think of "Cacade".
Do you post on citydata ?

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
All due respect Patna but when was Cascade ever like that? That shyt has been Black excellence forever breh, and before then it was white people, and before then it was the sticks. Literally. Granted there are 2 different Cascades, you got Cascade and "Cacade". "Cacade" would be like the low end, east of John A. White. Streets like Beecher, Olympian Circle, Montreat and Richland. And that small part of Cascade has gotten worse. Mortgage fraud fukked that area up, and I actually know some of the brehs who was doing that shyt too. But that's a small part of Cascade. Even still when somebody say they from Cascade I think of Danforth Rd, Peyton Forest, Willis Mill, and Cascade Heights before I think of "Cacade".

Well put. I think of Cascade now as the part of Cascade where I grew up and still frequent like Cascade Heights, Adams Park, John A White (where I used to golf at, still miss Cascade Grill :wow:), Mays going towards 285 is my "Cascade". I don't feel like a lot has happened dramatically on Cascade in years, even the development happening by the Cascade/Mays split has seen a stall in development. With all of the history & legacy of that neighborhood not a lot has really transpired and in some cases, to your point, things have gotten worse. Unless you've lived on Cascade as long as my family has since the late 60's, the last 10-15 years has been erosion

As for purchasing homes in Atlanta, why do y'all think young black people don't want to buy in Atlanta? I feel like it's a much more complex issue than people wanting to be trendy and live in Vinings or some other "hip" part of town

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Foreal breh? I know cars get broken into sometimes but I didnt think that much shyt happen there cause its a inside apartment complex..I know some nikkas killed a white dude on Edgewood a few weeks ago but other than that I just hear about regular petty crime over there.

They trying to turn Edgewood and the neighborhood over there white too..They'll never take Auburn Ave away from us tho
You know that used to be Grady Homes right? All of them old projects that they building new apartments on are just the new hood :russ: the ones where McDaniel-Glen and Kimberly Courts were are having they lil issues too

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Yeah Cascade is Old money. Growing up those Westside folks looked at Eastside people as flexers pretty much being that the black upper middle class on the eastside are people who came into miney in the last 20-30 years while those westside neighborhoods have familes that been in the money for 100+ years.

Exactly. And I won't fault breh for not knowing that. Thats a small nuance that you would only know if you grew up on that side or are familiar with it. Cascade has always been that elite, up on a lofty perch type of deal, but at the same time most of them was down to earth. Whenever I had family that came down, my pops would always drive thru and show them that area. Like it was a tourist attraction, and honestly to Black people it should be. When I think of Cascade I think 100 Black Men, old guard, well connected, plays golf on the wknds and got season tix to Falcons type dudes. And I think he from Campbellton, but the breh @AVXL reminds me of dudes from Cascade. When I met him that was first thing that crossed my mind. Cascade got they own little culture. Like I can tell the difference between the old money Cascade types and them brehs with money from out east areas like Waters Edge or whatever else is considered elite out there. It's like Cascade brehs got money, but they street savvy too tho.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You know that used to be Grady Homes right? All of them old projects that they building new apartments on are just the new hood :russ: the ones where McDaniel-Glen and Kimberly Courts were are having they lil issues too

Yea..I work next to Centennial Place. I went over there to see how much they were leasing apartments for, and this bytch told me $1150 for a 1 bed room. I almost cursed her ass out..Im not paying over 800 to stay in the old Techwood Projects. Them nikkas have lost their minds. No matter how much you fix it and change its name, its still Techwood. Got the nerve to tell me they are'nt doing the low income policy right now :rudy:

They have some high price ass townhomes across the street from Techwood, but they got me fukked up if they think im paying Buckhead prices to stay there.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Exactly. And I won't fault breh for not knowing that. Thats a small nuance that you would only know if you grew up on that side or are familiar with it. Cascade has always been that elite, up on a lofty perch type of deal, but at the same time most of them was down to earth. Whenever I had family that came down, my pops would always drive thru and show them that area. Like it was a tourist attraction, and honestly to Black people it should be. When I think of Cascade I think 100 Black Men, old guard, well connected, plays golf on the wknds and got season tix to Falcons type dudes. And I think he from Campbellton, but the breh @AVXL reminds me of dudes from Cascade. When I met him that was first thing that crossed my mind. Cascade got they own little culture. Like I can tell the difference between the old money Cascade types and them brehs with money from out east areas like Waters Edge or whatever else is considered elite out there. It's like Cascade brehs got money, but they street savvy too tho.

Yea I'm a Cascade breh, specifically Adams Park, Delowe Dr. Grandparents on my Dad side on Cascade right by the Kroger at 285, Grandparents on my Mom side right off Beecher so it's Cascade for life no matter where in the A I'm at

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Yup. On the eastside outside of the SW dekalb school destrict,most of the well to do blacks are people who came from out of town with a decent job or former hustlers, and moved to the Stephenson part of Stone mountain and Lithonia. The middle class areas where people simply moved from old intown hoods tended to be the Redan area which os why you had hood ass folks living in nice middle class homes lol. The Columbia/Towers/Avondale/Clarkston areas of the eastside where the areas youd see a mix of hood cats because there were alot of apartments there and cats who would get kicked out of Crim would go there from my experience.

That said Im an Eastside cat and we were in a different world like most sides of the city had fheir own little worlds going on, but Its a known fact SWATs is Old money.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
You went to BTW?
Someone just told me to apply over there and they can get me on :jbhmm:

You a teacher? BTW actually had some decent teachers. Dr. Kilgore did not play that shyt at all. Lot of knuckleheads went there, but they was good for putting you in night school if they saw that you wasn't gonna do right. I went to North Atlanta too and I saw more fights there than I did at BTW actually. That whole "MLK went here so you should have pride" thing was big at Washington. And they would just funnel a lot of the stuff to the street. The teachers was basically like "you wanna fight? Go take that shyt to the corner". I think people just see the kids acting up on MLK & Lowery in the afternoon and think that's what it's like inside the school, but that's not the case. Now granted I'm 32, and HS was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure it's still the same.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL

:skip:@ Waters Edge

It's run of the mill now even though some of those cribs still go for 190-300.

Nicest and most expensive cribs are custom-built joints off Snapfinger (toward to Henry County) and throughout that part of Lithonia mostly. Eastside spots aint touchin that Cascade old money and anywhere North or South

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You a teacher? BTW actually had some decent teachers. Dr. Kilgore did not play that shyt at all. Lot of knuckleheads went there, but they was good for putting you in night school if they saw that you wasn't gonna do right. I went to North Atlanta too and I saw more fights there than I did at BTW actually. That whole "MLK went here so you should have pride" thing was big at Washington. And they would just funnel a lot of the stuff to the street. The teachers was basically like "you wanna fight? Go take that shyt to the corner". I think people just see the kids acting up on MLK & Lowery in the afternoon and think that's what it's like inside the school, but that's not the case. Now granted I'm 32, and HS was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure it's still the same.

My boy went to NA and was like the school was actually badder than youd expect because cats that would get kicked out of I think Doug would end up there lol.

I always thought them were just buckhead kids but most of the kids in buckhead go to private schools.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Them Doug VS stephenson or SWD was the ATL superbowl

eastside vs westside
:russ::mjlol::banderas:

I'd never trade growing up on the eastside
:banderas:

Let that shyt be at Memorial, guaranteed fights or shootout :mjlol:
Always fukkery when a marquee Dekalb school (SWD, Stephenson, Redan, Columbia, Cedar Grove) played a APS or Fulton Coutny school. Didnt eem matter if the teams were good

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
:skip:@ Waters Edge

It's run of the mill now even though some of those cribs still go for 190-300.

Nicest and most expensive cribs are custom-built joints off Snapfinger (toward to Henry County) and throughout that part of Lithonia mostly. Eastside spots aint touchin that Cascade old money and anywhere North or South

:russ: You gotta cut me some slack my boy. I ain't as familiar with stuff out east. I always just thought Waters Edge was that elite bastion out that way. I know when my uncle moved out there from the Chi he thought he was pie in the sky big pimpin. That nikka made sure he had the family reunion at his house that year. :mjlol:

But what you said makes sense tho cuz my cousins who grew up there on some thotty shyt. Getting knocked up by randoms and clubbing and all that. Your basic eastside hood chick shyt pretty much.