"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I dont know how to feel about this..on one hand, it will turn the Gulch from an eyesore to something the city can be proud of. But on the other hand, its another step in gentrification. Apartments there probably wont cost as much as midtown and Buckhead but they'll still start off in the $1300 range for a 1 bedroom smh.

They will eventually make their way to tear down The Villages of Castleberry Hills and Residences at City Center and put up some high priced ass condos..hope i'm wrong but the powers that be dont want low income apartments near the new dome and Phillips

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I dont know how to feel about this..on one hand, it will turn the Gulch from an eyesore to something the city can be proud of. But on the other hand, its another step in gentrification. Apartments there probably wont cost as much as midtown and Buckhead but they'll still start off in the $1300 range for a 1 bedroom smh.

They will eventually make their way to tear down The Villages of Castleberry Hills and Residences at City Center and put up some high priced ass condos..hope i'm wrong but the powers that be dont want low income apartments near the new dome and Phillips

Either way the poor will rot away if there are no sustainable jobs. Its just they will rot away on the city or get pushed to the burbs to away.

That said younger blacks dont seem to be moving intown like that so it will be interesting seeing people complain like how young white peopler are now that stuff is getting high. Everyone my age who has bought something bought in the burbs, Im the only one I know who purchased a home in COA.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Either way the poor will rot away if there are no sustainable jobs. Its just they will rot away on the city or get pushed to the burbs to away.

That said younger blacks dont seem to be moving intown like that so it will be interesting seeing people complain like how young white peopler are now that stuff is getting high. Everyone my age who has bought something bought in the burbs, Im the only one I know who purchased a home in COA.

I work for APS I plan on moving to Catleberry Hills, City Center, Auburn Glenn or those Lofts next to the new dome in August. Gotta move in the city while it's still somewhat cheap

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I work for APS I plan on moving to Catleberry Hills, City Center, Auburn Glenn or those Lofts next to the new dome in August. Gotta move in the city while it's still somewhat cheap

Its gonna be dunzo 10-15 yrs from now. At this point I dont even care if ATL becomes gentrified, cant make nobody do stuff they dont want to do, and those who onow the deal are already making moves. Unfortunately the poor will always be casualties.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Auburn Glenn is kinda :whoa:

Foreal breh? I know cars get broken into sometimes but I didnt think that much shyt happen there cause its a inside apartment complex..I know some nikkas killed a white dude on Edgewood a few weeks ago but other than that I just hear about regular petty crime over there.

They trying to turn Edgewood and the neighborhood over there white too..They'll never take Auburn Ave away from us tho

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

I've been thinking this but thought it might be c00n territory, not putting that on you.

Full disclosure I sold my house in COA 2 years ago

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I've been thinking this but thought it might be c00n territory, not putting that on you.

Full disclosure I sold my house in COA 2 years ago

Most the people i know who rent rent in smyrna/marietta/vinings. The few people i know that hought places bought in cobb, stockbridge, etc.

I know a dude who copped a old ass looking townhouse in sandy springs and when i told him to look at the westside he was like "straight on that". After that I can careless what black folks want to do anymore lol.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Do it please. Young blacks not moving to the city is a travesty and atl will b gone soon. @CashmereEsquire said it himself

This thinking is y old heads did it better than us.

Cascade used to be :sadcam:

Now it's :wow:

We gotta step up man and fulfill our duties on living in the city

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Do it please. Young blacks not moving to the city is a travesty and atl will b gone soon. @CashmereEsquire said it himself

This thinking is y old heads did it better than us.

Cascade used to be :sadcam:

Now it's :wow:

We gotta step up man and fulfill our duties on living in the city

All due respect Patna but when was Cascade ever like that? That shyt has been Black excellence forever breh, and before then it was white people, and before then it was the sticks. Literally. Granted there are 2 different Cascades, you got Cascade and "Cacade". "Cacade" would be like the low end, east of John A. White. Streets like Beecher, Olympian Circle, Montreat and Richland. And that small part of Cascade has gotten worse. Mortgage fraud fukked that area up, and I actually know some of the brehs who was doing that shyt too. But that's a small part of Cascade. Even still when somebody say they from Cascade I think of Danforth Rd, Peyton Forest, Willis Mill, and Cascade Heights before I think of "Cacade".

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

I second that. Auburn Glen ain't that bad but it can have its moments. Lot of Bedford Pines Boulevard brehs stay in there. That's kinda like the complex you move to if you making a little bit of money in the 4. Same way that westside brehs who making some money move to them apartments on Camp Creek

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All due respect Patna but when was Cascade ever like that? That shyt has been Black excellence forever breh, and before then it was white people, and before then it was the sticks. Literally. Granted there are 2 different Cascades, you got Cascade and "Cacade". "Cacade" would be like the low end, east of John A. White. Streets like Beecher, Olympian Circle, Montreat and Richland. And that small part of Cascade has gotten worse. Mortgage fraud fukked that area up, and I actually know some of the brehs who was doing that shyt too. But that's a small part of Cascade. Even still when somebody say they from Cascade I think of Danforth Rd, Peyton Forest, Willis Mill, and Cascade Heights before I think of "Cacade".

Timeline wise I'm not sure what ur referencing but the stories I heard of r like 3-4 generations ago. The ones you lived over there following the civil rights adjacent leaders who were like 40-50 years old at the time

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Most the people i know who rent rent in smyrna/marietta/vinings. The few people i know that hought places bought in cobb, stockbridge, etc.

I know a dude who copped a old ass looking townhouse in sandy springs and when i told him to look at the westside he was like "straight on that". After that I can careless what black folks want to do anymore lol.

I hated moving but the circumstances wouldn't let it work. Definitely wanted to stay big picture.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Timeline wise I'm not sure what ur referencing but the stories I heard of r like 3-4 generations ago. The ones you lived over there following the civil rights adjacent leaders who were like 40-50 years old at the time

Nah. It was never bad over there. Them crackers did use to pull stunts like actually put cement barriers on them side streets like Peyton Rd and some of the streets over in West Manor back in the 60s to keep brehs out, but Cascade was never ratchet. It's always been Black Excellence. One of my main aces growing up step mom was from one of the first Black families in that area, and she was the niece of a well known civil rights icon and she gave me the spill of the area. Like she was str8 SW, went to Young middle school back when it was SW High and even remembered some of the old white families that used to live in that area. Cascade people may fool you tho, like even tho it's a nice area I know just as many of them Mays High brehs who ended up in prison as I do brehs who ended up being successful. And I mean Cascade Cascade. Cacade brehs been on the street shyt, some of the wildest dudes I know from Olympian Circle

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Yeah Cascade is Old money. Growing up those Westside folks looked at Eastside people as flexers pretty much being that the black upper middle class on the eastside are people who came into miney in the last 20-30 years while those westside neighborhoods have familes that been in the money for 100+ years.