"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
With this shyt going on now with the traffic and roads breaking up in the middle of the day i bet all these celebs are on the plane constantly :mjlol:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
61 page thread with NO pics of Black women in the entire thread. Great job guys!

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
On the Red Line: A daily racial transformation on MARTA

• The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    12:08 p.m Wednesday, April 26, 2017 AJC Homepage
facebook.png
twitter.png

AJC HOMEPAGE
newsEngin.17869853_042115-beach-ed-A-MARTA-train-at-North-Springs-station.jpg

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution​
A MARTA train at North Springs station on Georgia 400, the northernmost stop on the system’s Red Line. Credit Curtis Compton/CCOMPTON@AJC.COM AJC File Photo

This article is part of the AJC's new RE: Race reporting project, which is dedicated to covering both the tensions and the opportunities created by racial and ethnic change in Atlanta and Georgia. Author Melton Bennett responded to a request to readers from the AJC to talk about a time when they felt like an outsider.
newsEngin.18342934_Melton_Bennett1.jpg

Melton Bennett of Cumming. (Photo contributed) The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Melton Bennett, Cumming
Taking the MARTA train from the mostly white northern suburbs down to the airport captures a cross section of the racial makeup, and divide, that exists in Atlanta.
As my fellow white passengers and I pull out of North Springs station, we add more white passengers at the next few stations as we pull toward Buckhead. As we enter the heart of the city, African-Americans begin entering the train, and at Five Points, the racial makeup of the train has flipped to predominantly African-American.
I watch as the African-American passengers entering the train look for seats next to other African-Americans, and I watch white passengers seek out other white seat mates. I see the uncomfortable looks of white people who think the black kid dressed like a gang member is going to sit next them, and then the sigh of relief as he passes by.
Mostly, it is then that I notice differences between the people who joined me at my embarkation and the people who have joined in the city. It’s not uncommon for me to watch an impromptu hip hop performance as the train treks south, a performance replete with phrases about violence, sex and race.
The language changes, with poor grammar and offensive profanity being expelled by these groups of passengers, speaking loudly to be heard by everyone, almost as if they must exhibit some cultural difference to a captive audience to make sure they are seen and heard.
The behavior can seem aggressive, with the occasional comment from one of the African-Americans, “Man, we gotta chill. These crackers don’t like that [expletive].” I absolutely feel like an outsider. There is nothing I can say. There is nothing I can do.
Inside, I want to tell them that we are all alike, that sharing constructive conversations and experiences is what builds a bridge to understanding. The hard-core profanity, the unsavory references to females and the derogatory names for white people just force the bridge to be longer.
Of course, this does not represent all African-Americans, in the city or even on the train, but this is not an uncommon experience on my MARTA journey. As I trek down the city, I see the racial differences, see the divides, hear the pain in the rap songs and conversations.
As the train crosses Auburn Avenue, I often wonder what MLK Jr would like to have experienced on the MARTA train in 2017.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
White people that come from the 6th district are the best White Georgia has to offer. The people that get on in the South Line neighborhoods are not the best of Black atlanta. There is going to be disparity. You can't Compare Woodward Academy kids to kids that go to McClarin or Tri-cities. That aint fair.​

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
On the Red Line: A daily racial transformation on MARTA

• The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
      12:08 p.m Wednesday, April 26, 2017 AJC Homepage

facebook.png
twitter.png

AJC HOMEPAGE
newsEngin.17869853_042115-beach-ed-A-MARTA-train-at-North-Springs-station.jpg
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A MARTA train at North Springs station on Georgia 400, the northernmost stop on the system’s Red Line. Credit Curtis Compton/CCOMPTON@AJC.COM AJC File Photo​
This article is part of the AJC's new RE: Race reporting project, which is dedicated to covering both the tensions and the opportunities created by racial and ethnic change in Atlanta and Georgia. Author Melton Bennett responded to a request to readers from the AJC to talk about a time when they felt like an outsider.
newsEngin.18342934_Melton_Bennett1.jpg

Melton Bennett of Cumming. (Photo contributed) The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Melton Bennett, Cumming
Taking the MARTA train from the mostly white northern suburbs down to the airport captures a cross section of the racial makeup, and divide, that exists in Atlanta.
As my fellow white passengers and I pull out of North Springs station, we add more white passengers at the next few stations as we pull toward Buckhead. As we enter the heart of the city, African-Americans begin entering the train, and at Five Points, the racial makeup of the train has flipped to predominantly African-American.
I watch as the African-American passengers entering the train look for seats next to other African-Americans, and I watch white passengers seek out other white seat mates. I see the uncomfortable looks of white people who think the black kid dressed like a gang member is going to sit next them, and then the sigh of relief as he passes by.
Mostly, it is then that I notice differences between the people who joined me at my embarkation and the people who have joined in the city. It’s not uncommon for me to watch an impromptu hip hop performance as the train treks south, a performance replete with phrases about violence, sex and race.
The language changes, with poor grammar and offensive profanity being expelled by these groups of passengers, speaking loudly to be heard by everyone, almost as if they must exhibit some cultural difference to a captive audience to make sure they are seen and heard.
The behavior can seem aggressive, with the occasional comment from one of the African-Americans, “Man, we gotta chill. These crackers don’t like that [expletive].” I absolutely feel like an outsider. There is nothing I can say. There is nothing I can do.
Inside, I want to tell them that we are all alike, that sharing constructive conversations and experiences is what builds a bridge to understanding. The hard-core profanity, the unsavory references to females and the derogatory names for white people just force the bridge to be longer.
Of course, this does not represent all African-Americans, in the city or even on the train, but this is not an uncommon experience on my MARTA journey. As I trek down the city, I see the racial differences, see the divides, hear the pain in the rap songs and conversations.
As the train crosses Auburn Avenue, I often wonder what MLK Jr would like to have experienced on the MARTA train in 2017.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
White people that come from the 6th district are the best White Georgia has to offer. The people that get on in the South Line neighborhoods are not the best of Black atlanta. There is going to be disparity. You can't Compare Woodward Academy kids to kids that go to McClarin or Tri-cities. That aint fair.
What type of cracka shyt is this :gucci:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:russ: We see hundreds of them everyday

By the way a bit off topic but do you guys know if its true that women in North Carolina are underrated in terms of wife material and being loyal chicks? I saw someone mention their dad said they underrated in another atlanta thread in the past.

I'm not talking anything about physical looks or anything. I'm only asking cause I can't wait to go to Atlanta but i know it would be dumb to look for a girl to cuff up there. I was just asking about the carolinas when i decide im gonna slow down after experiencing fun in atlanta for a while

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
C-i1ui0UMAAq93r.jpg

• she aint bend over though
      0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

View Tweet activity
    • @n@rchy@daemonova
      now
      More
      Replying to @GAFollowers
      can't front though, she was trippin before the whites got on the train, but she went super saiyan after that

Retweet

View Tweet activity
    • @n@rchy@daemonova
      now
      More
      Replying to @GAFollowers
      Same situation too, whites came out from an event @ Phillps, & she went crazy, "saying I can't stand u white folks, etc..." then she strips

Retweet

View Tweet activity

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The city and state wasn't set up like this because they were dumb. It was pure racism and greed. Cities were purposely set up to be hard to access to keep minorities away. Even now down in Peachtree City and lower Fayette County they don't want road expansion because that would draw more "urban" people to their part of town.

This happens all over the country....they dont want blacks living,working or hanging out,they simply cut off the transportation...or set a police force to harrass you to let you know your not welcomed:mjpls:....folks think cops need better training,but they are doing what they are trained to do:sas2:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
By the way a bit off topic but do you guys know if its true that women in North Carolina are underrated in terms of wife material and being loyal chicks? I saw someone mention their dad said they underrated in another atlanta thread in the past.

I'm not talking anything about physical looks or anything. I'm only asking cause I can't wait to go to Atlanta but i know it would be dumb to look for a girl to cuff up there. I was just asking about the carolinas when i decide im gonna slow down after experiencing fun in atlanta for a while

All i can say is the women i seen in NC are in fact underated in terms of looks:banderas:

And i was in Greensboro in what i think may have been kindve the hood?some places you dont feel like u in the hood,but when u tell people where u at thy tell you its the hood:pachaha:

I was only there a few days,but fine women was everywhere:banderas:....i went into a walmart on my way out of town and fine,classy looking chicks was all in that thing.

I had just came from ATL,but i swear the fine ones in NC were badder than the fine ones i seen in ATL....nobody believes me,and it may have been a fluke,and im sure overall ATL probaly wins....but for me to be in NC for that short ammount of time,rained in most of the time,to see the ammount of fine ones i seen,i was impressed and suprised NC:whoo:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Workers are working 24 hours a day to repair the collapsed bridge on I-85.

11ALIVE

Interstate 85 in Atlanta should be repaired by May 26, in time for the Memorial Day weekend, GDOT commissioner Russell McMurry said Monday.

McMurry said he is confident the bridge that collapsed under a massive fire on March 30 will be repaired by then, Atlanta Business Chronicle broadcast partner 11Alive reports. That’s well ahead of the initial completion date of June 15.

“The 24/7 ability to work has greatly accelerated this progress,” he said.

The contractor, CW Matthews, could earn millions in incentives if it can get the road open earlier.

McMurry has said the contractor will receive a $1.5 million bonus if the work is done by May 25, $2 million if it is done by May 21 and an additional $200,000 a day for every day before May 21, up to a total of $3.1 million.