"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Yea i think this is gonna replace the on howell mill. Some people thought the site would have been a good locatjonnfor the braves stadium.

They talking bout closing the one on HM? Its close but it ain't that close. Plus HM Kroger is pretty much for folks north and west of HM. This one probably gonna be for folks south and east of HM. I think they got enough people in the area to support it. Look at Publix, they got the store on HM & Collier but they bout to open one on Bolton only like 5 minutes away.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
They talking bout closing the one on HM? Its close but it ain't that close. Plus HM Kroger is pretty much for folks north and west of HM. This one probably gonna be for folks south and east of HM. I think they got enough people in the area to support it. Look at Publix, they got the store on HM & Collier but they bout to open one on Bolton only like 5 minutes away.
I would imagine they get a few of people going down 75 to 85 home. I stopped at that Publix, Kroger and Walmart in some form a lot before the bridge collapse.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
By the way a bit off topic but do you guys know if its true that women in North Carolina are underrated in terms of wife material and being loyal chicks? I saw someone mention their dad said they underrated in another atlanta thread in the past.

I'm not talking anything about physical looks or anything. I'm only asking cause I can't wait to go to Atlanta but i know it would be dumb to look for a girl to cuff up there. I was just asking about the carolinas when i decide im gonna slow down after experiencing fun in atlanta for a while

Yeah I kinda noticed that myself. I stayed in NC for a little bit and the culture up there is more in line with that whole family demo-wife,kids, etc. I wasn't a fan of Charlotte but I can't lie, it's probably one of the better cities for families I've ever spent a decent amount of time in. The sisters up there for sure are looking to settle down moreso than sisters in ATL. Plenty of them looking to settle down here too, but them circles that they in is pretty click ish here. Lot of bullshyt in the city in the dating world so sisters with sense have they guard up if you a new face. But a breh like me ain't looking to settle down so Atlanta right up my fukkin alley

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

I glanced over an article about the new Kroger a fee days ago and it mentioned that the HM one haulted their remodling plans (i think the entire plaza was going to get a facelift). So the article implied this one may replace it since the sites are 1.5 miles from each other.

I think this new one may be one of those "hip" Krogers that compete with Whole Foods (like the one in brookhaven on peachtree for example).

I know they are supposed to be building a new whole foods on like 10th streets or one of those streets on the other side of Atlantic station (more so in the midtown area).

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
This MARTA station saw a 67 percent jump in riders after I-85 collapse

5:51 p.m Thursday, May 11, 2017 DeKalb County
facebook.png
twitter.png

DEKALB CO.
photos.medleyphoto.14115631.jpg

AJC file​
A MARTA train makes its way north past Ga. 400 traffic near Sandy Springs on a typical afternoon rush hour.

After the I-85 bridge collapse, Atlanta reached for its MARTA Breeze Card.
Most rail stations saw increases in weekly ridership, with one DeKalb County station seeing the biggest uptick, according to an Atlanta Regional Commission report.
The Brookhaven station’s numbers have ballooned by nearly 67 percent, far above the overall 11.5 percent increase at all stations, the ARC found.
Second was the Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center station, with almost 57 percent. Next was Sandy Springs at 43 percent.
The analysis compares ridership rates from March 24-31, the day after the collapse, to March 31-April 29.
All but six stations saw an increase in ridership in that time, though some saw only small increases, the ARC found.
As officials prepare to reopen the bridge Monday, MARTA is waiting to see how much the growth can hold.
Here’s the ARC’s full ranking of the change in rail station traffic after the collapse:
  1. Brookhaven: 67 percent
  2. Dome: 57 percent
  3. Sandy Springs: 43 percent
  4. Chamblee: 33 percent
  5. Buckhead: 30 percent
  6. Medical Center: 30 percent
  7. Dunwoody: 26 percent
  8. Lenox: 24 percent
  9. Doraville: 20 percent
  10. Midtown: 19 percent
  11. King Memorial: 18 percent
  12. North Springs: 18 percent