"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
no they are not, you all are trying to shoe horn something into a box that it isn't.

Once again, it is pathetic there are not various 100% BLACK OWNED AND CONTROLLED BLACK PRIVATE SCHOOLs in ATL that are competing with the top white private schools.

Ya`ll would be better off not responding opposed to making excuses to why you want to send your children to white schools.

Excuses can't change facts.

Not many black neighborhoods that can support a school that charges 20k a year bruh. Like another poster said, you have pockets of high income black neighborhoods but they are always right down the block from the hood.

But this seems like more than an Atlanta issue so it may be good to make another topic on this instead of using this thread for that purpose.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Not many black neighborhoods that can support a school that charges 20k a year bruh. Like another poster said, you have pockets of high income black neighborhoods but they are always right down the block from the hood.

But this seems like more than an Atlanta issue so it may be good to make another topic on this instead of using this thread for that purpose.

My comments is with the amount of high earning blacks in ATL, you have the ability of that collective forming a premier Black People school. It would be ATLANTAs Black public school. White private schools are attended by kids all over town.

Woodward Academy is one of the top schools in ATL and it is in College Park.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
My comments is with the amount of high earning blacks in ATL, you have the ability of that collective forming a premier Black People school. It would be ATLANTAs Black public school. White private schools are attended by kids all over town.

Woodward Academy is one of the top schools in ATL and it is in College Park.

Yeah, a lot of my friends went to Woodward and what they all have in common is none of their mothers worked so they could take them to school everyday. With Atlanta traffic being the way it is the transportation factor is huge. And for all the success we have had in Atlanta it's still money pooled from two parents working, not like old white money.

A lot of the more affluent people are now renting apartments in good school districts so they can send their kids there. I know couples in the Cascade area and Enon Rd. area that are doing this. The mom and kid basically live in an apartment during the week and go home on the weekends. I believe Woodward is 25k a year now for high school. That's a hell of a lot of money when it's much cheaper to just move to where the good schools are.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

Yea exactly but here's my thing about this whole conversation. I think it's so easy for people to say how other people should be spending their money. Should we have better performing private schools controlled and owned by black people? Yes absolutely. But for people to dismiss the work being done in local charter schools because it doesn't fit their narrow criteria is strange to me.

The bigger issue to me is, yea we can all agree our schools (public, private, charter) need to be better, but what are we doing about it besides stating the obvious? Are you donating your time or your money or anything to make a difference? If people aren't then I don't think they belong in this conversation

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Kinda random, but anybody looking to rent in the SWATS, get at me (serious inquiries only!)

Also for my Westside "residents", if anybody sees a black, early 2000's model 2 door Mercedes coupe with an elderly white man in the drivers seat riding around the Ralph David Abernathy/Cascade Ave area late at night it just might be Home Depot co founder and Atlanta Falcons majority owners Arthur Blank looking for property to buy. He's been spotted out there a few times recently.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
One again cats dance around the lack of infrastructure

We want to talk about mentoring kids in communities we wouldnt dare live in or send our kids to school in.
:mjlol:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Kinda random, but anybody looking to rent in the SWATS, get at me (serious inquiries only!)

Also for my Westside "residents", if anybody sees a black, early 2000's model 2 door Mercedes coupe with an elderly white man in the drivers seat riding around the Ralph David Abernathy/Cascade Ave area late at night it just might be Home Depot co founder and Atlanta Falcons majority owners Arthur Blank looking for property to buy. He's been spotted out there a few times recently.
He ain't driving however

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

We want to talk about mentoring kids in communities we wouldnt dare live in or send our kids to school in.

What have u done personally in the past year to improve the infrastructure?

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

The fukk :dwillhuh:

I'm not sure who you're referring to but I was born in Heritage Homes and grew up in Adams Park.

Outta town, new blacks lecturing natives on where & how to live now. Hilarious :mjlol:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The fukk :dwillhuh:

I'm not sure who you're referring to but I was born in Heritage Homes and grew up in Adams Park.

Outta town, new blacks lecturing natives on where & how to live now. Hilarious :mjlol:

How am I out of town when i was born in ATL?

Why black people lack the ability to accept facts is beyond me.

Opposed to accepting facts we literally make every excuse in the world to opposed to acknowledging the void.

Now because someone has presented a fact they gotta be an out of towner.

You dont even live in atl city limits :mjlol:

Where yoh were born is irrelevent :mjlol:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
He ain't driving however

I heard breh is actually riding around by himself at night now

What have u done personally in the past year to improve the infrastructure?

Breh is gonna deflect and pass blame. He's gonna complain about everybody else without taking any personal responsibility

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I heard breh is actually riding around by himself at night now

Breh is gonna deflect and pass blame. He's gonna complain about everybody else without taking any personal responsibility

How am i going to deflect when you all spent the entire thread deflecting.

:russ:

Opposed to acknowledging the issues you bring up everything else talking about "bu bu kipp doing a good job"

Kipp IS NOT A BLACK INSTITUTION.

"Send my kid to that school in mableton? Hell naw ima move"

Yall moving away from the kids you want to imply you mentor.

Then got the nerve to ask me what Im doing and I live in the commuties you mofos run from

Then want to bring up arthur blank riding through the hood to buy property.

An old jewish guy has no problem investing in communities you all run from
:lolbron:

Bu bu da schools
Bu bu i mentor da kidz

:russ:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
How am I out of town when i was born in ATL?

Why black people lack the ability to accept facts is beyond me.

Opposed to accepting facts we literally make every excuse in the world to opposed to acknowledging the void.

Now because someone has presented a fact they gotta be an out of towner.

You dont even live in atl city limits :mjlol:

Where yoh were born is irrelevent :mjlol:

You're a keyboard warrior who does NOTHING to make an impact in the same community you claim to live in, but you wanna tell other people making a difference how to live. You're a joke breh