"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Went there with the wife a few years ago. It's cool, food wasnt that good tho. Gotta check out CineBistro one of these days

lol ok. Didn't mean to offend you. I proudly "rep" the SWATS and am currently looking to get more involved in the Westside

Same demo at Cinebistro. The food ain't all that to be honest. They got some cuties working in there tho

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
King Springs Elem
Teasley Elem

Cobb has some good school options...were actually trying to get my daughter in Kindergarten at my alma mater, The Galloway School, but if that doesn't work she'll be goin to Teasley

For some reason the middle and high schools in that part of Cobb are awful. We live in Mableton and our kid would be districted for Pebblebrook. Hell Naw to that. We looking to move up closer to kennesaw.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
For some reason the middle and high schools in that part of Cobb are awful. We live in Mableton and our kid would be districted for Pebblebrook. Hell Naw to that. We looking to move up closer to kennesaw.

Yea we looking to move to Mableton but no way in hell is our daughter going to school out here. And good luck to y'all moving to Kennesaw but no way in hell the AVXL family is moving out there. My wife and I both worked out there and yea no way :camby:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yea we looking to move to Mableton but no way in hell is our daughter going to school out here. And good luck to y'all moving to Kennesaw but no way in hell the AVXL family is moving out there. My wife and I both worked out there and yea no way :camby:

Lol if you want a good public school then you gotta move to the sticks and have your children surrounded by racist.

Its pathetic black people in ATL have not gotten together and created competitve private schools.

Yall setting your kids up for hell sending them to these boonies schools

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
i don't even understand why would people do this, its like "they wake up in the moring with "ni66a" on the brain, LOL @ them getting kicked out of Douglass County though.

I think Hall County did the same thing to Katt Williams too. Georgia and these weird ass Dukes Of Hazard laws :snoop:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

I'm pushing for powder springs where the schools are about 30% black. Wife likes kennesaw where it's only 10% black. I'm gonna keep pushing and hopefully win out.

The private school all the white kids attend who live in Mableton is Whitefield. It's right down the street from us but tuition is 15-22k a year. fukk that. I'd rather have a nicer house in a good neighborhood. Although I will miss being able to get to downtown in 10 minutes.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Lol if you want a good public school then you gotta move to the sticks and have your children surrounded by racist.

Its pathetic black people in ATL have not gotten together and created competitve private schools.

Yall setting your kids up for hell sending them to these boonies schools

A couple things: You don't have to move to the sticks to get your kid in good public schools. As I mentioned, there are good public schools in South Cobb (which demographically is becoming blacker). My wife and I are fortunate enough to have the connections where our daughter(s) hopefully won't have to go to public school but if they do they will go to schools that are good and not in some random part of Ga.

As far as schools run by black people in Atlanta have you heard of BEST Academy? It's on Bankhead and there is a significant African American participation, mentorship and leadership. They're getting great results out there. The homie @Warren Moon knows what I'm talkin about. The same can be said for Kipp Academy even tho it was not started by us it is serving our youth. So please stop with the generalizations and let's dig a lil deeper into what's really goin on out here

I'm pushing for powder springs where the schools are about 30% black. Wife likes kennesaw where it's only 10% black. I'm gonna keep pushing and hopefully win out.

The private school all the white kids attend who live in Mableton is Whitefield. It's right down the street from us but tuition is 15-22k a year. fukk that. I'd rather have a nicer house in a good neighborhood. Although I will miss being able to get to downtown in 10 minutes.

Yea it's not easy. Like I've said on here we want to live in Mableton but ideally have our daughter in private school...hopefully things work out but living in Kennesaw is a no go...ima SWATS cat, shyt living up here in Vinings was a culture shock when we first moved up here from Cascade

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
A couple things: You don't have to move to the sticks to get your kid in good public schools. As I mentioned, there are good public schools in South Cobb (which demographically is becoming blacker). My wife and I are fortunate enough to have the connections where our daughter(s) hopefully won't have to go to public school but if they do they will go to schools that are good and not in some random part of Ga.

As far as schools run by black people in Atlanta have you heard of BEST Academy? It's on Bankhead and there is a significant African American participation, mentorship and leadership. They're getting great results out there. The homie @Warren Moon knows what I'm talkin about. The same can be said for Kipp Academy even tho it was not started by us it is serving our youth. So please stop with the generalizations and let's dig a lil deeper into what's really goin on out here

Yea it's not easy. Like I've said on here we want to live in Mableton but ideally have our daughter in private school...hopefully things work out but living in Kennesaw is a no go...ima SWATS cat, shyt living up here in Vinings was a culture shock when we first moved up here from Cascade

Best Academy and KIPP are NOT private schools they are CHARTER schools. Not the same thing.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They are the defacto black private schools of atlanta

no they are not, you all are trying to shoe horn something into a box that it isn't.

Once again, it is pathetic there are not various 100% BLACK OWNED AND CONTROLLED BLACK PRIVATE SCHOOLs in ATL that are competing with the top white private schools.

Ya`ll would be better off not responding opposed to making excuses to why you want to send your children to white schools.

Excuses can't change facts.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
no they are not, you all are trying to shoe horn something into a box that it isn't.

Once again, it is pathetic there are not various 100% BLACK OWNED AND CONTROLLED BLACK PRIVATE SCHOOLs in ATL that are competing with the top white private schools.

Ya`ll would be better off not responding opposed to making excuses to why you want to send your children to white schools.

Excuses can't change facts.

How are those white schools?