"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Yall still haven't realized that all the cacs outside of the perimeter put people like Kasim Reed in charge so he could develop til their comfort level? Even though they don't have the numbers to be the majority, they'll own all the best land. Still think the best power play for Black people is to push for transit expansion deep into the other counties and buy up land near the new lines. If we don't do it that will be the next step for them.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I don't know why folks like them little ass bungalows that make up a lot of these older neighborhoods that are getting gentrified. White folks paying 700k for a bungalow in Decatur just so they can bike to a restaurant during the day. Then pay for private school on top of that.

Maybe it's just the South Fulton in me but I want a house with a yard my kids can play in and I don't want my neighbor all on my ass 5 feet away.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yall still haven't realized that all the cacs outside of the perimeter put people like Kasim Reed in charge so he could develop til their comfort level? Even though they don't have the numbers to be the majority, they'll own all the best land. Still think the best power play for Black people is to push for transit expansion deep into the other counties and buy up land near the new lines. If we don't do it that will be the next step for them.

ClayCo And dekalb seem to be the only areas pushing for expansion. At the end of the day blacks can all move to macon for all i care, but moving and just living in neigborhoods surrounded by big box retailers and nothing else like we do now isnt going to cut it. Where ever blacks are we gotta think long term and focus on building and supporting institutions.

Im interested to see what happens with Stonecrest and City of South fulton

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
ClayCo And dekalb seem to be the only areas pushing for expansion. At the end of the day blacks can all move to macon for all i care, but moving and just living in neigborhoods surrounded by big box retailers and nothing else like we do now isnt going to cut it. Where ever blacks are we gotta think long term and focus on building and supporting institutions.

We don't have a collective plan. Honestly, it's gonna take money and 100 people with different experiences and skillsets

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
We don't have a collective plan. Honestly, it's gonna take money and 100 people with different experiences and skillsets

Of course we dont have a plan which is why im glad i offended ppl in this thread.if you browse sites like city data you will see other ethinic groups when moving to a city ask "what is the so and so ethnic group neighborhood with the best school"

Blacks have no neighborhood in metro ATL with well to do blacks and top performing black schools.

If we cant do private schools at least we can work on a public school and makig it legit. The charter school argument doesnt work because charter schools have suspect interest often times.

Black folks always neighborhood hop to extract the best resources from other groups.

Take Camp creek for example. Good barebones with a good population. What ever the HS is for the area should be one of the best public schools in the state imo but I put money its trash or not impressive.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Kasim just doing what all Black politicians do in a system of white supremacy. What's in the best interest of cacs

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Kasim just doing what all Black politicians do in a system of white supremacy. What's in the best interest of cacs

Yeah at the end of the day if you are Black and middle class then Kasim isnt an issue to you but if you are black and poor than Kasim is detrimental to you. Atl is a big business city so i doubt there will ever be a mayor that does anything for disadvantage blacks. I will say Mayors like Kasim do make it where well to do blacks can eat but the issue is those blacks can give a damn about the hood so they pretty much just focus on getting their piece of the capitalism pie.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:mjlol:

I actually pay taxes these communities, donating to the local orgs and attending communty meetings are obvious things too.

Being that you lack the ability to engage in logical discussion without getting emotional the smilies are well deserved.

I'm not lecturing anyone because your existance in the boonies is a non factor to COA residents. Once again you can give me all the emotional excuses you want but it still does not defeat the fact you and the other cat running away to drink white peoples ice water opposed to fixing the situation where you are now.

The simple fact dudes bring up everything on earth other than sticking to the topic at hand says everything I need to know.

Yet the moment the communities you all run from become desirable agian yall want to plot a way back in.
:mjlol:

This is why people call ATL out on the GOAT title. ATL had the barebones to be a true mecca but in reality nobody wants to talk about creating black institutions and and infrastructure actually controlled and owned by blacks.

In a so called Black mecca there is no nationally ranked elite black private school yet there are tons of white ones in the heart of a black city. But calling this fact out is wrong?

Cry me a river.
Atlanta is a Black mecca. It's just not an utopia. It's still a city dominated by cacs like every other city, primarily the Vanderbilt and the Rockefeller family. It's heavily occult, not D.C. of course and it's globally accessible.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

The thing is...what do yall think all these cacs who moved from the burbs back into the city are going to want as far as transportation? bikes and a more comprehensive transit.

Our problem is we are multiple steps behind them because we follow what they do. But we should know better by now seeing how city planning and gentrification work.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Yeah at the end of the day if you are Black and middle class then Kasim isnt an issue to you but if you are black and poor than Kasim is detrimental to you. Atl is a big business city so i doubt there will ever be a mayor that does anything for disadvantage blacks. I will say Mayors like Kasim do make it where well to do blacks can eat but the issue is those blacks can give a damn about the hood so they pretty much just focus on getting their piece of the capitalism pie.
They really aren't getting a piece though. They don't own much of nothing. They aren't the Black elite of Atlanta. Those types aren't going to Westlake high school, no offense.

Most of them just want to keep their jobs and get local fame with some hoes on the side as that's what hoes do when their mind ain't right.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

ehhh this is off topic but I suspect the African leaders who welcomed Europeans to West African shores to trade were like Kasim Reed in mentality. This goes beyond white supremacy but thats for another thread.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Atlanta is a Black mecca. It's just not an utopia. It's still a city dominated by cacs like every other city, primarily the Vanderbilt and the Rockefeller family. It's heavily occult, not D.C. of course and it's globally accessible.

I dont consider ATlanta in its current state a black mecca. It merely has the potential to be great.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I dont consider ATlanta in its current state a black mecca. It merely has the potential to be great.
It's the definition of a black mecca. It's a place where many Blacks hope to visit and live. It's a Black mecca. Now, it's not an utopia

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The thing is...what do yall think all these cacs who moved from the burbs back into the city are going to want as far as transportation? bikes and a more comprehensive transit.

Our problem is we are multiple steps behind them because we follow what they do. But we should know better by now seeing how city planning and gentrification work.

Imo if blacks dont want to live in atl city limits cool, but we need to be scooping up anything near a train station and building it up.

I was talking to my girl that I put money that areas like scottdale and clarkston on the eastside become hot places to live similar tk how brookhaven became. Both are close to transit and city limits. Clarkston just got a hipster mayor who decriminilized weed i believe and people will look at the immigrant community there as "interesting cultural experiences".

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

We don't have a community in any city right now. I was in the DeKalb admin. Lived in Bowie Md. Black folks don't really own shyt and our lack of organization is insane.

We ain't even organized in groups like the 100 BM as we should be. It's all about the process. We gotta stop this burning sands mentality