"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
Ion have kids and don't know shyt about schools. I do go to UGA tho and know some nikkas at tech and Emory. A lot of them went to APS high schools, clayco, Fulton, etc. they turned out welll :yeshrug:

All them blck people who went to private schools be the ones hanging around white folks that Coli nikkas make fun off :hhh:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Ion have kids and don't know shyt about schools. I do go to UGA tho and know some nikkas at tech and Emory. A lot of them went to APS high schools, clayco, Fulton, etc. they turned out welll :yeshrug:

All them blck people who went to private schools be the ones hanging around white folks that Coli nikkas make fun off :hhh:

Yeah, I don't have kids but I never understood the "good school" thing. I tend to think good students are made outside the classroom and in the home.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
no they are not, you all are trying to shoe horn something into a box that it isn't.

Once again, it is pathetic there are not various 100% BLACK OWNED AND CONTROLLED BLACK PRIVATE SCHOOLs in ATL that are competing with the top white private schools.

Ya`ll would be better off not responding opposed to making excuses to why you want to send your children to white schools.

Excuses can't change facts.

What excuses is anyone making? :dwillhuh:

The initial response I had was about not wanting to live in the sticks or sending my kids to school out there.

You are caught up in the semantics of private vs charter when you have charter schools like BEST & Kipp making the same sort of impact that you seem to want from a "100% black owned and controlled private school". I got a newsflash for you breh: These charter schools are 100% BLACK OWNED AND CONTROLLED. I'm just not understanding what point youre trying to make

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
What excuses is anyone making? :dwillhuh:

The initial response I had was about not wanting to live in the sticks or sending my kids to school out there.

You are caught up in the semantics of private vs charter when you have charter schools like BEST & Kipp making the same sort of impact that you seem to want from a "100% black owned and controlled private school". I got a newsflash for you breh: These charter schools are 100% BLACK OWNED AND CONTROLLED. I'm just not understanding what point youre trying to make

Kipp was literally started by two white guys, who is it black owned?

Having a Black Teacher and admin does not = black owned and controlled.

Therrell high has black teachers and admin is that a black owned schools?

Kids go to charter schools at no cost, the funding is not coming from solely black people.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah, I don't have kids but I never understood the "good school" thing. I tend to think good students are made outside the classroom and in the home.

avg person wants to just dump their kids off at school and call it a day. You would think Public Schools in high earning black neighborhoods would be some of the elite public schools in the state.

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta

Yea ion understand either. One of my cousins lived in adamsville so he woulda went to Mays. But his mom sent him to school up in gwinnet cuz she wanted him to go to a good school.

THat nikka aint doing shyt in life rn :francis:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
avg person wants to just dump their kids off at school and call it a day. You would think Public Schools in high earning black neighborhoods would be some of the elite public schools in the state.

You're right there are no elit black neighborhoods anymore where the residents are family aged. Most rich blAck neighborhoods have majority old heads.

Then these neighborhoods are close to not so good hoods. Hence the kipp schools.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Yea ion understand either. One of my cousins lived in adamsville so he woulda went to Mays. But his mom sent him to school up in gwinnet cuz she wanted him to go to a good school.

THat nikka aint doing shyt in life rn :francis:

Y'all right but u can't say who teaches ur kid 60-90% of the time won't have an impact. Fact of the matter is most work ethic is instilled by higher ups. Either family or school udk which type ur child will respond to best. U gotta cover all the bases :yeshrug:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You're right there are no elit black neighborhoods anymore where the residents are family aged. Most rich blAck neighborhoods have majority old heads.

Then these neighborhoods are close to not so good hoods. Hence the kipp schools.

The reality is that hoods and elite black households are literally mixed together in black neighborhoods so there is really no distinction. You can drive down Cascade and see the hood on one block and million dollar houses on the next.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The reality is that hoods and elite black households are literally mixed together in black neighborhoods so they're is really no distinction. You can drive down Cascade and see the hood on one block and million dollar houses on the next.

this implies kids from the hood are not capable of being top students. The issue with Hood schools is NOBODY IS PUTTING EXTRA EFFORT IN INSURING THEY SERVE THE KIDS.

Look at Westlake or Stephenson high. Those schools are not hood at all yet academically are similar to hood schools.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Kipp was literally started by two white guys, who is it black owned?

Having a Black Teacher and admin does not = black owned and controlled.

Therrell high has black teachers and admin is that a black owned schools?

Kids go to charter schools at no cost, the funding is not coming from solely black people.

It depends what you mean by "control". Look at APS, which Therrell is a part of. APS is majority black, Therrell is in a predominantly black neighborhood and the faculty is majority black as is the student body

I did forget to mention Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy, 100% black owned and controlled

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

I thought the same thing about "good schools" until I visited some schools in north Fulton county. You don't know what you are missing until you see the shyt they have. Their resources shyt on ours so much I was low key embarrassed to head back to the south side. The extent of our technology courses were keyboarding. Up north they had legit computer programming, robotics, mechanics, etc... These kids were preparing for careers I didn't know existed until my sophomore year in college. Their school even had a functioning auto body shop and carpentry facility.

But you are right, good students are made in the home. Which is why most good schools are in districts with stable family units. A lot of bad schools would be decent if the kids there had parents who could work with them and keep them from being a distraction to everyone else.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It depends what you mean by "control". Look at APS, which Therrell is a part of. APS is majority black, Therrell is in a predominantly black neighborhood and the faculty is majority black as is the student body

I did forget to mention Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy, 100% black owned and controlled

APS publicly funded by taxes. Private is exactly what it means in private funds give the school 100% control over what they do unlike Public schools and to a degree Charter schools.

SACA, Green Forest, and I think WD Muhmmad are schools that are not supported as a collective, thus they are not top tier academically.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I thought the same thing about "good schools" until I visited some schools in north Fulton county. You don't know what you are missing until you see the shyt they have. Their resources shyt on ours so much I was low key embarrassed to head back to the south side. The extent of our technology courses were keyboarding. Up north they had legit computer programming, robotics, mechanics, etc... These kids were preparing for careers I didn't know existed until my sophomore year in college. Their school even had a functioning auto body shop and carpentry facility.

But you are right, good students are made in the home. Which is why most good schools are in districts with stable family units. A lot of bad schools would be decent if the kids there had parents who could work with them and keep them from being a distraction to everyone else.

For blacks in America, I've noticed most of the "child prodigies" you see were all home schooled. All other blacks end up having to go to majority white schools.