"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
whats this?

New black millennial PAC group. Basically up and comers in every area you can think of will be there. Politicians, business owners, lawyers. It's not just Atlanta it's national.

It'll be my first being in a room with Nikkas I know will be running for city council against each other at my age :yeshrug:

It's a movers and shakers event. Just gets you a conversation with true future national leadership.

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I work in Kennesaw so I'm getting the fukk outta this house off Old Nat/Godby Rd after next month.

Moving back to Smyrna. My bm said she is too.

I know it's a long shot but does anyone know of any good Kindergarten schools (pref. private) with a good Black student body in Smyrna/Marietta area?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I just discovered the bars along Peters Street tonight and man I gotta go back there again, they right behind where I live too

Folks tell me I should move out of downtown but I really feel like I should stay around the Castleberry Hills area for another year, I can tell there's a lot of character and history here. I hope that gentrification doesn't destroy this area completely

Man Peters Street be jumping on Friday. First time I stumbled it upon it I was like :whoo:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Since we talking politics Join The Collective in Atlanta

Tomorrow

New black millennial PAC group. Basically up and comers in every area you can think of will be there. Politicians, business owners, lawyers. It's not just Atlanta it's national.

It'll be my first being in a room with Nikkas I know will be running for city council against each other at my age :yeshrug:

It's a movers and shakers event. Just gets you a conversation with true future national leadership.

Didn't even check this thread for this and missed it :francis:

In a city like Atlanta there's a significant enough young black populace that if aligned properly can change the city. My only thing is that with some of these get togethers I'm not sure how committed they are long term to making real change. But I wasn't there so I don't know how it went on Thurs, did you go and if so how was it?

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Didn't even check this thread for this and missed it :francis:

In a city like Atlanta there's a significant enough young black populace that if aligned properly can change the city. My only thing is that with some of these get togethers I'm not sure how committed they are long term to making real change. But I wasn't there so I don't know how it went on Thurs, did you go and if so how was it?

I went with the same apprehensions you had. The organization is legit. I went in expecting some sliminess but was actually very highly impressed by the people running it.

I suggest looking into it Organize45 - The Collective PAC

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I will never understand how y'all will support neoliberals and corporatist because they are black then scream about gentrification and staying a black city.

most these orgs are just day parties and mixers where people slurp the democratic party lol. American Higher education is not producing the type of blacks needed to take things where they need to be, it simply is creating the next generation of Boule type well to do blacks who buy into the system that oppresses them. Not my type of crowd what so ever.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
most these orgs are just day parties and mixers where people slurp the democratic party lol. American Higher education is not producing the type of blacks needed to take things where they need to be, it simply is creating the next generation of Boule type well to do blacks who buy into the system that oppresses them. Not my type of crowd what so ever.

I agree. The number isn't as great as u think. Also many aren't democrats. Ga has the largest republican black party and the largest black Muslim contingent as well(besides NYC) on the west side.

There are radicals and pacifists. The circle is just small so they all get lumped together

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree. The number isn't as great as u think. Also many aren't democrats. Ga has the largest republican black party and the largest black Muslim contingent as well(besides NYC) on the west side.

There are radicals and pacifists. The circle is just small so they all get lumped together

True. I just feel alot of these mixers tend to attract a certain "type". I`d also be interested to know how many black people under the age of 33 live inside ATL city limits. Many of the people I know tend to live in areas like Smyrna and stuff like that. Intown outside of college students, I mainly only see elderly blacks who actually live in the "historic" black neighborhoods.