"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
How yall feel about the MARTA Expansion?
fV5Dds0.jpg
Glad to see they are expanding, but jesus to they need to be in cobb smh

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Thats whats up. I used to have a membership there at Stoddards. I let it go after I moved from west midtown though.

Then I heard about dude who went there and committed suicide with one of their guns:merchant:

edit: :patrice:

I thought it was a black owned shop but it looks like they had a good crowd.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Stonecrest's downtown will be area around Mall at Stonecrest. They are planning to establish the city's offices in the vacant Target building on Mall Parkway or the old Best Buy building on Stonecrest Parkway.

“We’ll start out by leasing space," he said. " We’re checking to see what the prices are.”

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Looks ill be able to see my Canton Charge
:yes: to more basketball and things to do in the A

Atlanta Hawks buy NBA D-League team that will play in College Park
gicc-college-park*750xx3964-2240-488-0.jpg

The Atlanta Hawks have another weapon to add to the arsenal -- the club bought the rights to own and operate an NBA D-League team that will play in College Park, Ga., beginning with the 2019-20 season.

Atlanta Hawks Principal Owner and Chairman Tony Ressler said securing a D-League team for the Atlanta Hawks was among the group’s top priorities when the ownership group took over the team.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Stonecrest's downtown will be area around Mall at Stonecrest. They are planning to establish the city's offices in the vacant Target building on Mall Parkway or the old Best Buy building on Stonecrest Parkway.

“We’ll start out by leasing space," he said. " We’re checking to see what the prices are.”
So much undeveloped land out there I've been wishing they do something productive with it.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Thats whats up. I used to have a membership there at Stoddards. I let it go after I moved from west midtown though.

Then I heard about dude who went there and committed suicide with one of their guns:merchant:

edit: :patrice:

Cacs stay trolling and that's the reason I have no sympathy for them or their feelings.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
The Beat 92.3/96.7 debuts today November 11

November 11, 2016 Radio.

the-beat.png

This was posted Friday, November 11, 2016 by Rodney Ho on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog

The newest hip-hop station debuted today on 92.3 and 96.7.

We reported the news last week.

IHeartMedia has also come up with a name that may sound familiar: The Beat.

Cox Media ran a station called 95.5/The Beat from 1999 to 2010, a top 40-leaning hip-hop station. It straddled between the top 40 stations like Star 94 and Q100 and the hip-hop stations V-103 and Hot. In 2010, the company decided to simulcast its AM news/talk station WSB at 95.5 as the power of FM talk was becoming more prevalent and AM was losing steam.

Based on the press release, the Beat sounds like a straight-forward R&B/hip-hop station like Streetz 94.5 and Hot 107.9, citing many of the same artists such as Future, Drake, 2Chainz and Usher.

But the station is sprinkling in a few oldies, perhaps seeking listeners who like both classic and current songs on the same station. I haven’t had a chance listen for any length yet. Starting at 11:25 a.m., the staiton played 1994’s Notorious B.I.G.’s “Juicy” followed by current song: Young M.A.’s “OOOUUU,” DJ Esco’s “Too Much Sauce,” O.T. Genesis’ “Cut It,” Chance The Rapper’s “No Problem” and Designer’s“Timmy Turner.”

The market will now have four stations playing similar music along with V-103, Hot and Streetz. Two other hip-hop stations – OG 97.9 and Boom 102.9 – play classic songs from the 1980s through the mid-2000s.

This will be similar to the pop station battles here, where Atlanta has four stations playing many of the same top 40 artists such as Ariana Grande, Shawn Mendes and Adele.

IHeartMedia needed a home for its big New York-based morning syndicated show The Breakfast Club, which had been on Streetz the past two years. It is also adding another syndicated show at night called “Big Boy’s Neighborhood” from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. The station is also promising to use local air talent as well. Those shows don’t debut until December 5.

For now, the station will air 10,000 songs in a row, commercial free. That’s a pretty common way to introduce a new station and will take about three-plus weeks.

“On the surface, it would seem odd to some observers, but the reality is they didn’t have anything urban in Atlanta,” said Mike Roberts, who runs an R&B station in Macon and used to be morning host on V-103. “This opens up more sales possibilities in Atlanta and statewide. They do have urbans in other markets in the state of Georgia. It’s probably more of a where can we find another revenue stream.”

Syndicated hosts Charlamagne Tha God, Angela Yee and DJ Envy are moving to 92.3/96.7 The Beat December 5 after two years on Streetz 94.5. CREDIT: The Breakfast Club publicity shot

Radio host Big Boy is based out of Los Angeles.

Neither signal is particularly strong but combined, they cover a good portion of Atlanta inside the Perimeter and south. (I live in Peachtree Corners and neither signal is particularly clear from here. While driving up to Roswell today, I had to switch to the IHeartMedia app to listen.)

Before the change, 92.3 had been Latino contemporary music while 96.7 has been simulcasting rock station Radio 105.7.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
94.5 the streets dropping Breakfast Club caught them with they pants down.