"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
My daughter will be living on the perimeter and if I get this new job it will be in Kennesaw :merchant:

I'm in College Park now but my lease is almost up.

I loved Cumberland but I'm trying be frugal with my new place so Im thinking maybe Austell/Mableton :ehh:

I live in Mableton and if you working in Kennesaw that's going to be a crazy ass commute. I'm not sure about the surface route but you can forget about taking 285N and 75N in the morning.

I live in the newer town homes here and love it but now that we have a kid we looking to leave because the schools aren't that great.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
I'm definitely interested in what happens with the city of Stonecrest. I always thought that area had a lot of potential when it was still apart of Lithonia. My girl lives in that area so I spend a lot of time there. Hopefully they can get some real economic growth going. And hopefully the council members and mayor that gets elected actually do something for the community.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Clue me in, South Fulton has the airport/fulton industrial/camp creek to generate revenue....what is Stonecrest banking on?

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Clue me in, South Fulton has the airport/fulton industrial/camp creek to generate revenue....what is Stonecrest banking on?

The mall :beli:

Honestly though, that's what concerned me and my girl when we talked about it. She says there's no real point in taking a small fraction of a larger city and building a new one just centered around a mall.

Their website claims that franchise fees and taxes will essentially be the biggest sources of revenue for the city.
Stonecrest Yes Committee | Dedicated to Self-Governance of Our Future!

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
The mall :beli:

Honestly though, that's what concerned me and my girl when we talked about it. She says there's no real point in taking a small fraction of a larger city and building a new one just centered around a mall.

Their website claims that franchise fees and taxes will essentially be the biggest sources of revenue for the city.
Stonecrest Yes Committee | Dedicated to Self-Governance of Our Future!

I would be very concerned for anybody banking on Stonecrest Mall being a huge economic driving factor especially if they lose an anchor tenant like Macys. There are other shopping areas in that area but Stonecrest would have to be the draw...i just don't think it's a smart move especially if that was really the motivation for them declaring city hood

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
There are other shopping areas in that area but Stonecrest would have to be the draw

The thing is, there really arent. The only way Stonecrest will work is if they attract more eateries and retail spots. Right now its a damn wasteland. Its so much money on the Eastside but there are very few dining options. Target bounced, Best Buy left. Most of the food spots over there suck ass. The nearest mall to Stonecrest is South Dekalb which is hanging on by a thread. I dont think there is another mall east of Stonecrest until you get to Augusta.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
The thing is, there really arent. The only way Stonecrest will work is if they attract more eateries and retail spots. Right now its a damn wasteland. Its so much money on the Eastside but there are very few dining options. Target bounced, Best Buy left. Most of the food spots over there suck ass. The nearest mall to Stonecrest is South Dekalb which is hanging on by a thread. I dont think there is another mall eats Stonecrest until you get to Augusta.
Dang, the Best Buy is gone too? Crazy. Yeah they really gotta add more retail and dining there. The food selection is aight at best. Don Tellos is my spot though :wow:

I think there might be some of opportunities for business brehs to eat in Stonecrest. I wouldn't be surprised if they had incentives for business owners to open up shop there. I'm gonna keep my eye out on that :patrice:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The thing is, there really arent. The only way Stonecrest will work is if they attract more eateries and retail spots. Right now its a damn wasteland. Its so much money on the Eastside but there are very few dining options. Target bounced, Best Buy left. Most of the food spots over there suck ass. The nearest mall to Stonecrest is South Dekalb which is hanging on by a thread. I dont think there is another mall east of Stonecrest until you get to Augusta.
This.

The golden age for stone crest was years ago