"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
I love driving by the new stadium. I can't wait to go to a game there :wow:

Anyone know if it's true that Citizens Trust Bank is building a new location in Midtown? I was talking to someone in line at the Cascade branch and she mentioned that they were building one there.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Atlanta rapper 2 Chainz, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, partnered with Mychel “Snoop” Dillard to open Escobar Restaurant and Tapas at 327 Peters Street Southwest in the Atlanta neighborhood of Castleberry Hill.

Chef DePhon Robinson, who has provided personal chef services for Queen Latifah, Gabrielle Union and Carl Lewis, will serve as executive chef at the 3,000-foot restaurant.

Escobar will be open from noon to 1 a.m. Monday – Thursday; noon to 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday; and 11 a.m. to midnight on Sunday.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Atlanta rapper 2 Chainz, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, partnered with Mychel “Snoop” Dillard to open Escobar Restaurant and Tapas at 327 Peters Street Southwest in the Atlanta neighborhood of Castleberry Hill.

Chef DePhon Robinson, who has provided personal chef services for Queen Latifah, Gabrielle Union and Carl Lewis, will serve as executive chef at the 3,000-foot restaurant.

Escobar will be open from noon to 1 a.m. Monday – Thursday; noon to 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday; and 11 a.m. to midnight on Sunday.

:wow: Tit livin his raps

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
15275486_1480637345341567_6378071222478962688_n.jpg

Pan-Afrikanist & School Psychologist Dr.Umar Johnson Invades Atlanta(GA): Sunday Jan 1st@5pm-8pm(doors@3pm) "The Need for A New Black Leadership to Address a New Black Reality"

:banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas:

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta

:wow: restaurants are the new fashion lines. Got all these rappers opening up new spots now. Happy to see these guys investing their money into businesses in the city. I'm gonna need to check this spot out soon.

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What were those Vine City apartments that can be seen driving alongside the Georgia Dome and why havent those eyesore been torn down :mindblown:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
View image on Twitter The DJ Scream and Hoodrich Radio show will kick off with special celebrity appearances, custom mixes, and the daily music countdown show, The 8 o’clock Beatdown. The program will feature DJ Scream, a popular on-air personality who is known for connecting listeners with new music from established and rising Hip Hop and R&B artists. The program will broadcast exclusive interviews with notable names in music, as well as DJ Scream’s take on entertainment news and pop culture.
View image on Twitter

The countdown is on! 6 Days Until @HoodrichRadio w/ @DJScream Debuts on @TheBeatATL!! Tune in Monday 12.12.16 7pm-11pm Mon - Fri!!
5:55 PM - 6 Dec 2016
The Beat, which debuted November 11 in the ultra-crowded Atlanta R&B/hip-hop radio world by IHeartMeida, added New York based syndicated show The Breakfast Club Monday. That show had previously aired on Streetz 94.5, which has since added its own local show featuring Yung Joc and Mo Quick.
Sirius XM’s Hip Hop Nation will continue to broadcast the uncut and uncensored version of Hoodrich Radioevery Wednesday from 10 p.m. to midnight EST.
DJ Scream, a Decatur native, had previously worked at Hot 107.9. He has done mixtapes for artists such as Young Jeezy, Outkast, The Game, and Gucci Mane.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
View image on Twitter The DJ Scream and Hoodrich Radio show will kick off with special celebrity appearances, custom mixes, and the daily music countdown show, The 8 o’clock Beatdown. The program will feature DJ Scream, a popular on-air personality who is known for connecting listeners with new music from established and rising Hip Hop and R&B artists. The program will broadcast exclusive interviews with notable names in music, as well as DJ Scream’s take on entertainment news and pop culture.
View image on Twitter

The countdown is on! 6 Days Until @HoodrichRadio w/ @DJScream Debuts on @TheBeatATL!! Tune in Monday 12.12.16 7pm-11pm Mon - Fri!!
5:55 PM - 6 Dec 2016

The Beat, which debuted November 11 in the ultra-crowded Atlanta R&B/hip-hop radio world by IHeartMeida, added New York based syndicated show The Breakfast Club Monday. That show had previously aired on Streetz 94.5, which has since added its own local show featuring Yung Joc and Mo Quick.
Sirius XM’s Hip Hop Nation will continue to broadcast the uncut and uncensored version of Hoodrich Radioevery Wednesday from 10 p.m. to midnight EST.
DJ Scream, a Decatur native, had previously worked at Hot 107.9. He has done mixtapes for artists such as Young Jeezy, Outkast, The Game, and Gucci Mane.

:wow:

Usually when you leave to join another station you have to sign a no compete clause that prevents you from being on another radio station in that same market anywhere from 6 months to a year. I listen to HoodRich pretty regularly, didn't realize he had left but props to Scream & Hoodrich, breh deserves it

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.

I would've thought he would've opened his own joint by now but he was making mad money as a personal chef so this doesn't surprise me..I'll have to check it out when I come down next month.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
I'm always interested in the different moves that get made on the Atlanta radio scene. I was surprised to see Frank Ski back at V-103. I know he initially left cause he wanted a national syndication deal similar to what Steve Harvey and Rickey Smiley have but CBS wasn't able to do that for him. Things didn't work out in DC so he ultimately made his way back to the A. Happy to have him back either way.

I was :ohhh: :gladbron: when I found out Emperor Searcy came to V-103 though. They got a pretty good DJ lineup overall now. Ultimately V-103 is my favorite station because of the good mix of hip hop and R&B as well as old school and new school. And they're heavily involved in the community with a lot of different events.

But I'll definitely give the Beat a try. But to me there will always be one Beat and that's 95.5 :wow: :mjcry: