"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
nikkas done ruined Follies. It used to be the discreet "Happy endings" spot back in the day. :mjgrin:

I need to find a hole in the wall shake junt like Roosters (RIP) and the old Montreys/Queen City. :wow:

Roosters was my spot in my backsliding degenerate days. I was actually into the titty bar scene then I started doing business as one and it ruined the illusion forever

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
Roosters was my spot in my backsliding degenerate days. I was actually into the titty bar scene then I started doing business as one and it ruined the illusion forever

Roosters was grungy and nasty as Hell. Tore up ass, busted down strippers and all the charm of a condemned warehouse.

I loved it. :mjgrin:

I see that Shooter's Alley moved from that plaza too. Ain't shyt there now but that Korean BBQ spot. Even the fakkit movie theater got shut down. :scust:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Id look at decatur, druid hills, and avondale. All of them kn close proximity to interstates and marta. Brookhaven is a poormans buckhead if thats the type of thing you are looking for also.
:salute:

I like Avondale....some parts of it seem like :mjpls: territory, though, lol.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:salute:

I like Avondale....some parts of it seem like :mjpls: territory, though, lol.

It is. Avondale is super tiny but its surrounded by black areas and then feeds into downtown decatur which os predom white. You probably wont even be able to find much in avondale as its one od those areas people buy homes and never move from and i dont think there are rentals there, those would more so be in downtown decatur/city of decatur.

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
Decatur is about as far as I would go from the city limits. I can't fukking fathom living in Brookhaven (even though a partner of mine lives there next to the Pink Pony).. or god forbid.. Cobb. :scust:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
EXACTLY. It's actually more expensive than the city and still 20 minutes away. It has no soul, no heart.. just a bunch of cacs walking their pugs. :scust:
If i was about that commute life id just by a mcmansion in stone mountain or lithonia and ride marta if you work intown. But i grew up in dekalb and dont want to live there ever again so Im gonna probably do the SWATS as i think its better geographically when it comes to commuting around ATL

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
If i was about that commute life id just by a mcmansion in stone mountain or lithonia and ride marta if you work intown. But i grew up in dekalb and dont want to live there ever again so Im gonna probably do the SWATS as i think its better geographically when it comes to commuting around ATL

SWATS gets a bad rep. There are a lot of quiet streets... and some not so quiet ones. :lolbron:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You beat me to it. :pachaha:

And I'm asking for REAL...a nikka gotta get up outta Gwinnett, yo....

I live in Brookhaven and I like it

Nothing. Only argument thats valid is for the money you spend there you might as well live in the city. But the taxes are cheaper there

He's right Brookhaven used to be cheaper than buckhead. That's no longer the case they knocking down Mexican apartments and building 600-800k condos. I'm paying city prices now. I want to move closer to the city but my job is close to the perimeter idk if I wanna commute