"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
nikkas done ruined Follies. It used to be the discreet "Happy endings" spot back in the day. :mjgrin:

I need to find a hole in the wall shake junt like Roosters (RIP) and the old Montreys/Queen City. :wow:

I know right. Follies was dope AF before nikkas starting shouting it out in rap songs and shyt. Smh. Last time I went was during the summer and it was like a hour wait to get in thru the regular line with a $75 cover. Cut line was like a buck 50 or something. No fukking way. My days of wasting stupid amounts of money in strip clubs is over. If Ima hit the shake joint I ain't dropping more than 250 total for the whole night. I'm only fukking with shyt like the Flame where I might pay 10 and walk right the fukk right in. I heard Oasis up on PIB is like what Folloes used to be. Ain't slid thru there yet to see for myself tho.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Just moved from O4W out to West Midtown, there seem to be a bunch of places to eat around here but most look uppity/expensive :lupe:

On the strip club note, I think Oasis a little overrated but I only been twice. Definitely had better time at Follies, but I'm not even crazy on strip clubs like that:manny:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I deliver food sometimes when j need extra cash. I would pull up to these nice ass apartments in buckhead or midtown

It'd always be some high ass hood nikka getting the food

I remember when I was first moving back to ATL after College and me and my boy were looking at intown apartments and condos we saw a ton of nice joints but all the reviews were about how they were built cheap and kick doors happening. We took our behinds to Smryna. I`m noticing alot of folks I know end up living in the Smyrna/Vinnings area when they move back to or move to ATL because aint nobody over there trying to flex like intown, and its still easy access to anywhere in town.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I just dont like people being that close to me, makes me feel like I`m back in college or something. Next Crib I cop will probably be something big in Cascade or Camp Creek as I`d only be buying another spot for more space.

i don't really mind it. But I will say that them HOA fees suck like a mofo. Ma dukes don't charge me rent but I gotta pay the HOA and that shyt is basically fukking rent in of itself. And it's a older complex too and when she was down here she didn't do no upgrades at all so I'm doing them little by little by myself. She copped it during the crash and just sat on it pretty much. I was trying to buy some shyt cheap in the hood to rent out before the year was out but I been so busy running back and forth trying to get my shyt in Indiana str8 I haven't really had a chance to look down here. Ima for sure cop a POS somewhere in the hood first of the year and twerk it and get some rental money. The way they talking COA gonna triple in population in 20-30 years I don't really think you can go wrong in any hood inside the city limits.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
i don't really mind it. But I will say that them HOA fees suck like a mofo. Ma dukes don't charge me rent but I gotta pay the HOA and that shyt is basically fukking rent in of itself. And it's a older complex too and when she was down here she didn't do no upgrades at all so I'm doing them little by little by myself. She copped it during the crash and just sat on it pretty much. I was trying to buy some shyt cheap in the hood to rent out before the year was out but I been so busy running back and forth trying to get my shyt in Indiana str8 I haven't really had a chance to look down here. Ima for sure cop a POS somewhere in the hood first of the year and twerk it and get some rental money. The way they talking COA gonna triple in population in 20-30 years I don't really think you can go wrong in any hood inside the city limits.

Yeah I already got my spot in the hood, property taxes could triple and the mortgage is still cheap. If there is another economic crash I`m def scooping a Mansion in the SWATS next :mjgrin:. The spot I`m in now is so cheap I`d never sell it, just rent it out.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
I know right. Follies was dope AF before nikkas starting shouting it out in rap songs and shyt. Smh. Last time I went was during the summer and it was like a hour wait to get in thru the regular line with a $75 cover. Cut line was like a buck 50 or something. No fukking way. My days of wasting stupid amounts of money in strip clubs is over. If Ima hit the shake joint I ain't dropping more than 250 total for the whole night. I'm only fukking with shyt like the Flame where I might pay 10 and walk right the fukk right in. I heard Oasis up on PIB is like what Folloes used to be. Ain't slid thru there yet to see for myself tho.

Some nights they be charging $20-25 dollars at the door for the Flame

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I'm from LA but been thinking of moving to Atlanta recently :patrice:

seems like the place to be for a young black nikka

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Some nights they be charging $20-25 dollars at the door for the Flame

I been a regular in the Flame since '03. Sometimes I don't pay shyt, especially on Westside Thursdays. One of my main aces literally be in there everyday and if I go with him I don't pay for shyt. Same shyt with Babes and the Wax. My face card good on the west just off the strength of him