"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
That Atlanta time square idea sucks. Worst part about NYC...dont care how much money it brings in. Would speed up gentrification and cause congestion too.
I agree, the hell with that idea.

Unrelated sidenote: I ran into Kasiim Reed couple weeks ago at this event at the White House and I went over to just chop it up with him, since he was rolling solo. I shake his name let him know I'm from Decatur and what not. Dude never even really acknowledged my existence:wow:

I didn't feel any type of way either way but I thought it was a little fukked up. Meanwhile next to us Dave Chappelle and Naomi Campbell were getting down on the dance floor next to us lol.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Agreed. We're getting ready to get in a house, somewhere in the $250K-$300K range (Mableton/Smyrna/Vinings area). There are some beautiful houses in that range, 4 bedrooms new houses with a yard, got you feeling like you got a mini mansion :banderas:

@CashmereEsquire @ProfessionallyTrill @Warren Moon have given good insight on the housing market and where to buy.
I know some cats who just moved up to Smyrna area and they love it up there. One even got a spot on the new stadium. Got me reconsidering living in downtown Decatur.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I know some cats who just moved up to Smyrna area and they love it up there. One even got a spot on the new stadium. Got me reconsidering living in downtown Decatur.
I'd never live by that damn stadium. Surface street traffic is terrible. Got a homie that moved over there a year ago and him and his wife already ready to bounce.

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
I agree, the hell with that idea.

Unrelated sidenote: I ran into Kasiim Reed couple weeks ago at this event at the White House and I went over to just chop it up with him, since he was rolling solo. I shake his name let him know I'm from Decatur and what not. Dude never even really acknowledged my existence:wow:
Learned the hard way about Mayor Reed's outlook on life.:bryan:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Never heard of it :jbhmm:

You never heard of EAV? Damn breh.
You slipping for real. I used to stay on Moreland about 3 blocks south of the village and that str8 up was the funnest 2 years of my life. I think if you a young breh you can't go wrong staying anywhere on Moreland. L5P, Reynoldstown, East Atlanta. They all dope. Always something going on. I miss them late night munchies trips to Burger Win at 3AM catching drunk girls leaving the bars or randomly going down to Graveyard smoking loud at the bar:mjcry:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You never heard of EAV? Damn breh.
You slipping for real. I used to stay on Moreland about 3 blocks south of the village and that str8 up was the funnest 2 years of my life. I think if you a young breh you can't go wrong staying anywhere on Moreland. L5P, Reynoldstown, East Atlanta. They all dope. Always something going on. I miss them late night munchies trips to Burger Win at 3AM catching drunk girls leaving the bars or randomly going down to Graveyard smoking loud at the bar:mjcry:

I've taken about three suburban raised black girls to eav and they had zero idea it existed. :russ: They think I'm a unique thinking type of Nikka or some shyt :mjlol:

Eav is cool but the price of their drinks have increased by like 40% and I've only been here for three years

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I've taken about three suburban raised black girls to eav and they had zero idea it existed. :russ: They think I'm a unique thinking type of Nikka or some shyt :mjlol:

Eav is cool but the price of their drinks have increased by like 40% and I've only been here for three years

It kinda is unique in the sense that's it's a direct alternative to the typical Atlanta nightlife scene. Most females in the city only go to them stereotypical ATL spots. Type of shyt you see flyers for or hear on the radio. They just don't know any better. They think Peters St, Crecent Ave or Edgewood is the only other options. But it's a lot more in the city if you know where to look. I'm cool with folks not knowing about it. Cuz if it was known it'd be more fuccery out there outside of them EA and Decatur nikkas who already out there hitting licks