"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Jeezy from Macon though. :sas2:

That nikka from everywhere breh. I think he grew up literally in the streets on some orphan shyt. Like he didn't have a home or something so he bounced around. I've heard cats say he was Dooley County back in the day, Bleckley County, Duncan Blocc area in Macon and I randomly saw that nikka in Mechanicsville when I used to play rec ball as a git. Wasn't even from that area but but with a head shaped like his you don't forget shyt like that. Years later when I saw him on TV I was like damn. I've seen breh before in the streets

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Everything Georgia@GAFollowers 7m7 minutes ago
Today @ATLUTD opened a new soccer field on top of the 5 Points MARTA station in Atlanta. The world's first soccer field in a transit system!
Soccer inthe Streets

Cv0S86bVYAAMw-K.jpg

0 replies45 retweets43 likes

Retweeted

Liked

More

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Times Square in New York, The Denver Theater District in Colorado, and Piccadilly Circus in London — each is a vibrant district with neon signs and bright lights.

Now, Atlanta leaders want a portion of the downtown core to be illuminated with large signs and video boards just as the city preps for marquee events including the Super Bowl in 2019.

Kelsie Allen Barton
Modern Luxury

William Miles
Gregory, Doyle, Calhoun & Rogers, LLC

SPONSOR
Sara Herbek
Ogletree Deakins

See More People on the Move
The area would stretch from the Georgia World Congress Center east to Piedmont Avenue, and from the attractions at Ivan Allen Jr. Boulevard south to Underground Atlanta. The district would include the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Philips Arena, The Tabernacle and Georgia Aquarium.

This week, an ordinance was introduced in Atlanta to allow for new permits for property owners to install signage in the district. The new guidelines would be far less stringent than those currently on the books.

“In downtown today, and most of the city of Atlanta, the sign ordinance is very restrictive,” said Jennifer Ball, vice president of planning and economic development for CAP. But, she said, in the past the city once had more bright signs, such as the neon Coca-Cola sign on downtown's Olympia building.

The new legislation would drop restrictions, such as height limits, and also allow for new technology, such as light projection to decorate empty building walls.

Media companies would have to go through a review process for the signs, and would have to agree to reserve programming space during certain special events in the city.

It’s an effort to create a more light and bright public space for the city and to drive more economic activity downtown, Ball said. It also will help create energy around major sporting and music events.

Several are teed up. Atlanta will host the college football championship in 2018, the Super Bowl in 2019, and the Final Four in 2020.

:lupe:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Times Square in New York, The Denver Theater District in Colorado, and Piccadilly Circus in London — each is a vibrant district with neon signs and bright lights.

Now, Atlanta leaders want a portion of the downtown core to be illuminated with large signs and video boards just as the city preps for marquee events including the Super Bowl in 2019.

Kelsie Allen Barton
Modern Luxury

William Miles

SPONSOR
Sara Herbek
Ogletree Deakins

The area would stretch from the Georgia World Congress Center east to Piedmont Avenue, and from the attractions at Ivan Allen Jr. Boulevard south to Underground Atlanta. The district would include the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Philips Arena, The Tabernacle and Georgia Aquarium.

This week, an ordinance was introduced in Atlanta to allow for new permits for property owners to install signage in the district. The new guidelines would be far less stringent than those currently on the books.

“In downtown today, and most of the city of Atlanta, the sign ordinance is very restrictive,” said Jennifer Ball, vice president of planning and economic development for CAP. But, she said, in the past the city once had more bright signs, such as the neon Coca-Cola sign on downtown's Olympia building.

The new legislation would drop restrictions, such as height limits, and also allow for new technology, such as light projection to decorate empty building walls.

Media companies would have to go through a review process for the signs, and would have to agree to reserve programming space during certain special events in the city.

It’s an effort to create a more light and bright public space for the city and to drive more economic activity downtown, Ball said. It also will help create energy around major sporting and music events.

Several are teed up. Atlanta will host the college football championship in 2018, the Super Bowl in 2019, and the Final Four in 2020.

Do it

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Kelsie Allen Barton
Modern Luxury

William Miles

SPONSOR
Sara Herbek
Ogletree Deakins

They just going to leave of the CFP Semifinal this year and the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Games :stopitslime:

Last edited:

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
Any coli brehs wanna drop game on real estate out here? I'm about to hit 30. It's time to stop renting :banderas:

I like the Gwinnett County area, but I'm open as long as they're spacious areas.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
So what the house prices looking like... I want some new isssh... probly will put down 75k... I just want a 3-4 bedroom... living in Manhattan killing my pockets... I plan on making this move in a year hopefully.. any ideas... I don't want anything over 250k

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
So what the house prices looking like... I want some new isssh... probly will put down 75k... I just want a 3-4 bedroom... living in Manhattan killing my pockets... I plan on making this move in a year hopefully.. any ideas... I don't want anything over 250k

You can live REAL comfortably down here for 250k. :wow:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
You can live REAL comfortably down here for 250k. :wow:

Agreed. We're getting ready to get in a house, somewhere in the $250K-$300K range (Mableton/Smyrna/Vinings area). There are some beautiful houses in that range, 4 bedrooms new houses with a yard, got you feeling like you got a mini mansion :banderas:

@CashmereEsquire @ProfessionallyTrill @Warren Moon have given good insight on the housing market and where to buy.

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
Agreed. We're getting ready to get in a house, somewhere in the $250K-$300K range (Mableton/Smyrna/Vinings area). There are some beautiful houses in that range, 4 bedrooms new houses with a yard, got you feeling like you got a mini mansion :banderas:

@CashmereEsquire @ProfessionallyTrill @Warren Moon have given good insight on the housing market and where to buy.

Coli house-warming breh :mjgrin: