"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Cowfish just came in town and Crushed the Buildings as my Top Restaurant in ATL :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Just got back with my Girl, bout to take my behind to sleep from the it*ts. Its at Perimeter Mall, I suggest All brehs Go ASAP. Burger Sushi fusion.

13071736_10154905328657627_8521837202243209748_o.jpg

Crab Ragoon
13071837_10154905331117627_4226787810333884114_o.jpg

13064571_10154905332002627_4073244268333693001_o.jpg

The Hunka Hunka Burger with Bacon, Peanut Butter, and Bananas
13116326_10154905335632627_4927775345614527497_o.jpg

The Nature Boy Ric Flairs signature Burger Sushi Roll made with Chipotle Bison
13055119_10154905335792627_664326646578760905_o.jpg

The "Deliverance Roll" Burger Sushi fusion made with pulled pork
13072754_10154905337362627_635815242888117005_o.jpg

The "All Shook Up" Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake

:wow:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
We been fukked breh. These fools just throwing shyt up and worrying about the impact later. Traffic getting worse and worse everyday. That 2.5 billion MARTA referendum can't come fast enough and I don't think that's gonna be enough.

Was just thinking the same shyt. Hood seafood spots is clearly the wave now. They like the new American Deli's in the hood, they starting to be everywhere. They just opened up a new one at Cascade and Beecher and Bankhead got a new one in the old D4L studio. They got a walk up window and everything. Rode by today and it was everything from regular looking folks to J's standing outside waiting. No way in hell I'd trust that shyt on Bankhead tho. I think they all shopping at those Asian markets up on the NE side. They gotta be just one big ass seafood plug that moved into the city recently.

They're answer for now to expand the highways on 285 and main roads like Cobb Parkway. It's gonna be a cluster fukk with new construction + thousands more cars on Cobb Parkway and every connecting surface street around the stadium. It's gonna be a disaster :snoop:

Where on Cascade/Beecher? I get my haircut right next to that intersection (across the st from the Wells Fargo) and I haven't seen anything over there, but you're right in the sense that American Deli's are poppin up all over the city (I still fukk with the American Sandwich off Campbellton doe :ohlawd:)

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
They're answer for now to expand the highways on 285 and main roads like Cobb Parkway. It's gonna be a cluster fukk with new construction + thousands more cars on Cobb Parkway and every connecting surface street around the stadium. It's gonna be a disaster :snoop:

Where on Cascade/Beecher? I get my haircut right next to that intersection (across the st from the Wells Fargo) and I haven't seen anything over there, but you're right in the sense that American Deli's are poppin up all over the city (I still fukk with the American Sandwich off Campbellton doe :ohlawd:)

Yeah these Cacs had the nerve to be beating they chest when the Braves moved and tried to make it an OTP vs ITP thing. I admit I fell for the bait and switch at first myself. But I quickly realized that pretty much everybody in South Cobb and NW ATL bout to be fukked on the traffic tip in about 2 years. Plus the folks pulling strings played the 2 sides against each other perfectly. Smh. We all gonna be in the same boat breh. To be honest this whole Braves move shyt has made me look at my Cobb brehs in a new light. We all westside nikkas basically. fukk an arbitrary like. Traffic already getting horrible by me on that Defoors/Bolton Rd corridor headed out to Cobb. They throwing up that new Publix and they acting like just making a cut thru to where Moores Mill will dead end into Marietta Blvd instead of Bolton Rd will alleviate traffic enough to make a difference. shyt was the dumbest shyt I ever heard breh.

This spot is at the other end Cascade & Beecher. Down on the :demonic: side of Cascade. Right across from Family Dollar. Literally just saw it for the first time earlier today while riding past that way. Think it used to be a Yasins back in the day if I remember correctly.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why blacks in Atlanta can't build equity in housing purchases.

The nation’s housing recovery is leaving blacks behind

SOUTH DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. — When the new subdivisions were rising everywhere here in the 1990s and early 2000s, with hundreds and hundreds of fine homes on one-acre lots carved out of the Georgia forest, the price divide between this part of DeKalb County and the northern part wasn’t so vast.

Now, a house that looks otherwise identical in South DeKalb, on the edge of Atlanta, might sell for half what it would in North DeKalb. The difference has widened over the years of the housing boom, bust and recovery, and Wayne Early can’t explain it.

The people here make good money, he says. They have good jobs. Their homes are built of the same sturdy brick. Early, an economic development consultant and real estate agent, can identify only one obvious difference that makes property here worth so much less.

“This can’t happen by accident,” he says. “It’s too tightly correlated with race for it to be based on something else.”

The communities in South DeKalb are almost entirely African American, and they reflect a housing disparity that emerges across the Atlanta metropolitan area and the nation. According to a new Washington Post analysis, the higher a Zip code’s share of black residents in the Atlanta region, the worse its housing values have fared over the past turbulent housing cycle.

gfx-dekalb-980.png

Predominantly black neighborhoods have been left out of the recovery across Atlanta

In the Atlanta region, the racial makeup of a Zip code predicts how well home values have fared there. Values are down in almost all Zips where the population is at least 40 percent African American. The difference is especially stark in DeKalb County.

Homes in

North DeKalb

Zip codes in areas with a low black population increased in value.

DeKalb County

Increase in home values

CHANGE IN HOME VALUES,

2004 TO 2015

Decrease in home values

Homes in

South DeKalb

Other metro Atlanta zip codes

Zip codes in areas with a high black population decreased in value.

Less

BLACK POPULATION

More

Nationwide, home values in predominantly African American neighborhoods have been the least likely to recover. Across the 300 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, homes in 4 out of 10 Zip codes where blacks are the largest population group are worth less than they were in 2004. That’s twice the rate for mostly white Zip codes across the country. Across metropolitan Atlanta, nearly 9 in 10 largely black Zip codes still have home values below that point 12 years ago.

And in South DeKalb, the collapse has been even worse. In some Zip codes, home values are still 25 percent below what they were then. Families here, who’ve lost their wealth and had their life plans scrambled, see neighborhoods in the very same county — mostly white neighborhoods — thriving.

“I don’t think it’s anything local residents did that caused that to happen,” Early says. “I think it’s all outside forces that did this.”

The region reflects the complex ways that housing and race have long been intertwined in America. Across the country, blacks are less likely to own homes; those who did were more likely during the housing bust to slip underwater; and as a result, a larger share of black wealth has been destroyed in the years since then.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

SOUTH DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. — When the new subdivisions were rising everywhere here in the 1990s and early 2000s, with hundreds and hundreds of fine homes on one-acre lots carved out of the Georgia forest, the price divide between this part of DeKalb County and the northern part wasn’t so vast.

Now, a house that looks otherwise identical in South DeKalb, on the edge of Atlanta, might sell for half what it would in North DeKalb. The difference has widened over the years of the housing boom, bust and recovery, and Wayne Early can’t explain it.

The people here make good money, he says. They have good jobs. Their homes are built of the same sturdy brick. Early, an economic development consultant and real estate agent, can identify only one obvious difference that makes property here worth so much less.

“This can’t happen by accident,” he says. “It’s too tightly correlated with race for it to be based on something else.”

The communities in South DeKalb are almost entirely African American, and they reflect a housing disparity that emerges across the Atlanta metropolitan area and the nation. According to a new Washington Post analysis, the higher a Zip code’s share of black residents in the Atlanta region, the worse its housing values have fared over the past turbulent housing cycle.

gfx-dekalb-980.png

Predominantly black neighborhoods have been left out of the recovery across Atlanta

In the Atlanta region, the racial makeup of a Zip code predicts how well home values have fared there. Values are down in almost all Zips where the population is at least 40 percent African American. The difference is especially stark in DeKalb County.

Homes in

North DeKalb

DeKalb County

Increase in home values

CHANGE IN HOME VALUES,

2004 TO 2015

Decrease in home values

Homes in

South DeKalb

Less

BLACK POPULATION

More

Nationwide, home values in predominantly African American neighborhoods have been the least likely to recover. Across the 300 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, homes in 4 out of 10 Zip codes where blacks are the largest population group are worth less than they were in 2004. That’s twice the rate for mostly white Zip codes across the country. Across metropolitan Atlanta, nearly 9 in 10 largely black Zip codes still have home values below that point 12 years ago.

And in South DeKalb, the collapse has been even worse. In some Zip codes, home values are still 25 percent below what they were then. Families here, who’ve lost their wealth and had their life plans scrambled, see neighborhoods in the very same county — mostly white neighborhoods — thriving.

“I don’t think it’s anything local residents did that caused that to happen,” Early says. “I think it’s all outside forces that did this.”

The region reflects the complex ways that housing and race have long been intertwined in America. Across the country, blacks are less likely to own homes; those who did were more likely during the housing bust to slip underwater; and as a result, a larger share of black wealth has been destroyed in the years since then.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

gfx-dekalb-980.png

Homes in

North DeKalb

DeKalb County

Increase in home values

CHANGE IN HOME VALUES,

2004 TO 2015

Decrease in home values

Homes in

South DeKalb

Less

BLACK POPULATION

More

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Bye bye to Masquerade :mjcry:

Crews today are expected to start demolishing non-historic buildings at the Masquerade to start preparing for the music venue's next chapter: North + Line, a $60 million mixed-use complex featuring restaurants and apartments adjacent to the Atlanta Beltline Eastside Trail. Of course, it will include a big-ole parking deck. Where the Masquerade will land next has not been revealed.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Yeah these Cacs had the nerve to be beating they chest when the Braves moved and tried to make it an OTP vs ITP thing. I admit I fell for the bait and switch at first myself. But I quickly realized that pretty much everybody in South Cobb and NW ATL bout to be fukked on the traffic tip in about 2 years. Plus the folks pulling strings played the 2 sides against each other perfectly. Smh. We all gonna be in the same boat breh. To be honest this whole Braves move shyt has made me look at my Cobb brehs in a new light. We all westside nikkas basically. fukk an arbitrary like. Traffic already getting horrible by me on that Defoors/Bolton Rd corridor headed out to Cobb. They throwing up that new Publix and they acting like just making a cut thru to where Moores Mill will dead end into Marietta Blvd instead of Bolton Rd will alleviate traffic enough to make a difference. shyt was the dumbest shyt I ever heard breh.

This spot is at the other end Cascade & Beecher. Down on the :demonic: side of Cascade. Right across from Family Dollar. Literally just saw it for the first time earlier today while riding past that way. Think it used to be a Yasins back in the day if I remember correctly.

Oh ok yea I drove thru there about a month ago...didn't that used to be a seafood place after Yasin's left?

Speaking of Moores Mill, I want to buy some land over there. That Bolton Rd/Marietta St/Defoors area is primed to be the next neighborhood that jumps off, Publix coming over there is gonna make that spot jump quickly

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Oh ok yea I drove thru there about a month ago...didn't that used to be a seafood place after Yasin's left?

Speaking of Moores Mill, I want to buy some land over there. That Bolton Rd/Marietta St/Defoors area is primed to be the next neighborhood that jumps off, Publix coming over there is gonna make that spot jump quickly

It was a seafood spot after it was Yasins but I think it was another one of those Halal type seafood spots. Now it's one of those crab/Lousiana seafood style spots like the rest of the ones that been popping up. Maybe the same owners but that crab boil stuff ain't Halal at all so I doubt it. Never know tho. The owners may just be off they dean and just trying to capatilize on the wave.

Yeah that whole area doing serious numbers breh. Real serious. Mom dukes got a few pieces of property in that Defoors/Bolton corridor. She snatched up 3 condos that way back in '09-'10 right after the crash. I'm staying in one of them right now. She made a killing too breh. Back then they had a decent amount of foreclosures going for as low as the high 40's to low 50's. They already jumped back up to the mid to high 100's. And we talking older units, pretty basic shyt actually. She tried to put me on game but I didn't wanna listen. That was a huge mistake. I left the city and now I'm back trying to play catch up trying to get my own. She never liked the A so she went back to the Chi and I'm handling the prop. management for her and anytime I list one for rent, I got a tenant in that bytch in no less than a week. shyt is crazy. To be honest I realize now I fukked up big time. I'm stacking as quick as I can but I already know my money ain't long enough for this end so Ima have to buy down on the Hollywood or Johnson Rd. side and just hope for the best. That's the main reason I moved back too. I see the writing on the wall. These Cacs trying to arc that shyt down from Vinings into West Midtown and Buckhead. That area will look totally different in 5 years