"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Where are people hooping at?:feedme: I went to the La fitness on camp creek but there was only one court

All LA Fitnesses have one court. I hooped at Camp Creek on Tuesday. Most weekdays after 5 you can get good run at all the locations. I usually hit Atlantic Station, Camp Creek, Panola, and the new one in Decatur.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
ATLANTA -- Officials broke ground on the long-awaited Moores Mill Shopping Center in northwest Atlanta, Wednesday (March 3rd)

The project has been years in the making with efforts beginning back in 2005. The goal was to convert a boarded-up eyesore at the intersection of Moores Mill and Bolton roads into much-needed retail space.

The area is one of metro Atlanta's food deserts - communities without easy access to grocery stores or restaurants.

Mayor Kasim Reed spoke about what the redevelopment means for the neighborhood.

"We're going to have a $96 million best-in-class development that eliminates the food desert," he said. "And it's been a long time in the making so I'm just really happy today."

The Moores Mill project was spear-headed by South Carolina developer Edens.

Phase one will include a Publix grocery story as well as space for restaurants and shopping.

The project is expected to create as many as 300 permanent jobs.

About damn time, that section of Northwest ATL finally coming up :salute:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
These toothless hicks stay messing up our efforts to stay the business capital of the southeast :snoop:

Yea Kasim and Deal pretty much are "best buds" when it comes to bringing money into the state. Thats why ATL has always been known as "the city too busy to hate". Deal prob has the same beliefs as his good ol boy peers BUT he has enough common sense to know you NEVER let personal feelings mess up the money, NEVER.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Glad to see Deal make the right decision, but this isn't over. Both chambers are expected to call a special session on HB757 immediately